Ketsui boss 3 with arcade stick

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Queen Charlene

Re: Ketsui boss 3 with arcade stick

Post by Queen Charlene »

Special World wrote:Call me a heretic, but I prefer a good controller. I have a hard time getting comfortable with a stick. Would probably be different if I played at my PC in front of a desk, but if i want to play in front of my TV i have to pull over the coffee table. Also not sure I'm in love with Seimitsu LS-32, but i'd probably like it more with an octogonal gate. I dunno--i've tried Seimitsu and Sanwa and I don't feel like either of them gave me a noticable amount of precision over a Hori dpad.
it's all personal preference IMO, there is no explicit "this is absolutely the best way to play", but i will say i have a hard time going back because playing/practicing on stick means i can bring my skills with me on the off-chance that i end up at an arcade :mrgreen: (which is more often than you'd think -- i was just ar Ground Kontrol in Portland just an hour ago grinding myself into dust at the Raiden Fighters 2 machine :lol: ). i used to find it very frustrating just how much worse at games i was on stick back when arcades were a lot more booming.
heli

Post by heli »

Special World wrote:Call me a heretic, but I prefer a good controller. I have a hard time getting comfortable with a stick. Would probably be different if I played at my PC in front of a desk, but if i want to play in front of my TV i have to pull over the coffee table.
You also need to rotate your TV.
So i rotate TV on ground and sit on the ground all day.

Why dont normal electro shops sell sanwa buttons ?
I only see them at arcade shops.
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Get a stick that isn't crap and practice with it. You will likely find your gameplay and enjoyment increasing shortly thereafter.
heli

Post by heli »

The thing is i need to wait for PS5, all PS4 sticks sold out exept hori ones.
Besides it cost a fortune.
johnyboi

Post by johnyboi »

NegativeElectron wrote:
heli wrote:I also saw "arcade sticks" without stick, just 4 buttons.
Do you mean the Hitbox, Mixbox or something completely different?

Also while I'm at it, what's people's opinion on the Mixbox? I mainly play on keyboard but I wanna play console shmups like Ketsui Deathtiny and ESP Ra. De. Psi with it, and the Mixbox seems like the best option for me (albeit very expensive).
From what I've read on r/fightsitcks, people like the Mixbox only because as you said, they come from a keyboard background and its the fastest to get used to.
However, for games like tekken I preffer the hitbox controller, with the up direction being below the rest!