Streets of Rage 4

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
TransatlanticFoe

Re: Streets of Rage 4

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

No saves? Presumably it operates on a cut down level set rather than having you play the whole thing (3 hours?) in one sitting?
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

TransatlanticFoe wrote:No saves? Presumably it operates on a cut down level set rather than having you play the whole thing (3 hours?) in one sitting?
Nope. You have to do each stage in one go, which takes about 100-120 minutes.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Some thoughts before I've had a chance to play.

The art style is weird. Sometimes it looks fantastic, other times it looks cruddy. And this is coming from someone who loves the look of Street Figher II HD Remix.

I think it has to do with their being no pixelation in the sprites and the thick outlines. It's reminiscent of those "made in flash" games from the early 00's. Some stuff is really incongruent as well, which is weird since some of the animations and sprite work are obviously high quality. When it comes togther, it's less than the sum of it's parts.

Watching some videos online; the combo system and wall bouncing look like nice game play updates. Definitely what I'd want to see in a modern reimagining. The two hour length for a 1CC is insane though. Not sure if I'm up for that endurance test... I think I would prefer this to be shorter, or maybe have some levels outside of arcade mode.

Looking forward to jumping into it later today.
it290

Post by it290 »

Agreed on the length although it clearly wasn't designed to be played in one sitting. BK3 has a comparable clear time of about 90 minutes for the good ending (for 'normal' play anyway, speedruns seem to clock in at about an hour)... if I have one criticism about the older games it's that a full session can sometimes be a bit exhausting, so a scaled back or 'beginner' arcade mode would definitely have been appreciated. Maybe cut the 2 levels with duplicate bosses, or the concert level (my personal least favorite)?
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

This game have not a dash/run.
Let me say again, this game have not a dash/run, and that is 2020, lol!
This killed the game to me.
If you wanna a good beat'n up go to 90!
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

third_strike wrote:This game have not a dash/run.
Old news, and there are comments on it earlier in the thread (not to mention it was covered in preview articles). Adam and Cherry have a dash/run.
Axelay

Post by Axelay »

Just read the entire thread this place is crazy!

Happy that other people are annoyed with the 2 Ethel fights and the two divas in the museum.

Managed to do the train stage in 7 mins so I dont mind Ethel to much but asking for a brand new bosses probably is not likely!

When fighting barbon the music is wrong!

I really hope the the original trilogy ost gets fully added I am not a fan of those chip tunes in the retro soundtrack. And I fully refuse to listen to the new ost. A playlist feature is also a must.

I read somewhere that there are no plans for dlc. I hope that is not true it will be silly to not support the game.
Arms installation complete Good luck
TransatlanticFoe

At what point did people get disappointed that a game is released complete and there are no plans for DLC?

In related amazes me news, this is getting an xbone physical release somehow
Axelay

Post by Axelay »

I am happy with the game and it has enough content.
I just played the hell out of it and I kind of need more.

With that big map of the city one could dream of a couple of more stages with new enemies! Preferably the unused ones from the artwork.

I just want more content. I'm enjoying my time with the game and if DLC gets me more so be it!
Arms installation complete Good luck
BurlyHeart

Post by BurlyHeart »

Are the GOG leaderboards and the Steam ones separate? I assume so.

Anyway, got #5 on GOG for stage 6 on Hard mode. It's much easier to get an S rank on the harder modes due to more enemies.

Loving Floyd by the way. He's lot of fun.
Now known as old man|Burly
YouTube
Shmup Difficulty Lists:
Japan Arcade - To Far Away Times - Perikles
YoniArousement

Post by YoniArousement »

The developers did an AMA on Streets of Rage 4 today. A balance patch will be coming. Old Man Axel will be buffed and enemies' armor will be reduced.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/g ... s/frgk0h1/
Here's also a quick summary on the AMA:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetsofRage/ ... _sor4_ama/
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Axel buff? Yes!

I like how they were mum on the hd characters as dlc. I'd bet they're coming.

That's easy money.
My lord, I have come for you.
To Far Away Times

So I 1CC'd this game last night.

This was my first beat 'em up 1CC where I couldn't rely on an overpowered super move to cheese through the game. I had to learn enemy patterns and exploit the games mechanics. It was really satisfying.

I know this game is on the easier side of things but I really appreciate how consistent it is with its rules and it's a joy to play. I previously thought AVP was the pinnacle of Beat 'Em Ups but I really appreciate some of the modern touches here and everything seems a bit more fair and predictable.

I've also warmed up on the visuals quite a bit. The backgrounds in particular are really great, and while I'm still not a huge fan of Blaze's sprites I think Axel and Adam look a lot better. Everyone is still too thicc but overall I think its a pretty slick looking game.

The music has also grown on me. The track that plays on the elevator with the glass walls is fantastic.

Anyway, I think I have a new favorite beat 'em up.
YoniArousement

Post by YoniArousement »

ShinKensou streamed a test build of the upcoming balance patch. You can read some of the changes here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetsofRage/ ... xel_buffs/
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Damn that's a lot of changes, can't say I have an issue with any of them. Would have been happy with Axel walking faster.
To Far Away Times

Fast movement speed is everything in this game. There are few bosses like Mr. Y and the girl with the whip who just get wrecked if you can chase and stay close.
TransatlanticFoe

So this got a physical release and Amazon had it on xbone for under £25 - decided to take the plunge.

Overall it's decent, scratches the nostalgia itch but does make several missteps with some annoyances ruin the scoring system and health regen. Plus the boss fights are mostly dreadful, drawn out and boring affairs.

I'm not sure what they were going with, combining a combo score system - tying it to a special move health drain/regen mechanic - with some strange invincibility frames. Throws, neutral specials and neutral jumps all have i-frames but frequently you'll be hit upon exiting such a move by a charging knife Galsia from halfway across the screen or an enemy randomly poking you between your own punches in a combo (you frequently get hit because you're mid-fancy animation and can't cancel out of it but aren't invincible either). It instantly kills a combo and if you've got some health regen pending it'll wipe that out - so it really does take the fun out of either system that RNGesus can just have an enemy charge in from the other side of the screen and hit you during an excessive animation.

Pop some wake-up i-frames on your character following combos/throws/specials, and allow you to cancel out of combos - suddenly you have a better game for its scoring system.

But those issues are fine, as you don't really need to care about using either mechanic to play and get through the game. But boy are there a few spots where it gets a bit annoying, even if you ignore the new mechanics:

* Enemies almost always outrange you and many will just skip back from within reach then move in to hit you as your punch is now out of range but theirs isn't
* Shield enemies are boring to fight and don't tend to do much even with other enemies present, but it can take an age to bring their shields down and they recharge rapidly if you get hit trying
* There are jump attacks from certain enemies that move diagonally and home in on you instead of having a fixed range
* Grenade-type enemies love to pull out a weapon just as you start punching, so you will finish your attack being hit by an explosion
* Bosses have far too much health and spend too long also being invincible, and on higher difficulties will quickly break from grapples making it even longer
* Boss difficulty is massively unbalanced and often based on abusing the odd i-frame system. Get ready to spend your life jumping straight up during Barbourn or you'll get wrecked, get your arse handed to you on stage 2's Commissioner but breeze through against the DJ and the two main antagonists (the final two boss fights are insultingly easy but still take an age)
* The new characters don't work out well. Cherry has too short an attack range and Floyd is too immobile to deal with all the grenade enemies later in the game and any fast moving/mobile enemies/bosses
* You can easily lose a chunk of health being juggled back and forth between attacks and explosions

None of this makes the game too hard or annoying when played conventionally, it just ends up not being enjoyable within the new mechanics they tried to introduce. After a couple of runs through on Story with some different characters, I tried out Arcade for a laugh and ended up clearing it first time.

I did find some of the black lines around characters to look a little weird but graphically I was otherwise impressed with some suitably over the top looking character designs and animations. I've only played with retro sound on and, by fault or design, love that one track sounds like it's been lifted from the Master System version. A sly bit of SMS love is always good in my book. Speaking of retro, the addition of past Streets of Rage characters as unlockables is a nice touch - although they do look a bit ugly and don't play too differently for the most part (it's fun to call in the police support car in SOR1 though). The hidden retro stages look a lot better than the retro characters but are unfortunately just restricted to a handful of boss fights. And who's honestly going to find them naturally - you don't want to leave a taser lying around in this game where a dirty cop can get his hands on it!

Story mode is an obvious concession to modern gamers, I'd rather Arcade be a little shorter and less generous with extends, but have suspend states and unlock stages in stage select mode once you reach them. As it is though, arcade is still a manageable length at less than an hour - just done a clear on hard in about 1 hour 40 mins. After getting the achievements tied to Story mode, I'm probably not going to touch it again and just play Arcade instead.

I'd give it a 7.5/10. It has too many annoying enemies (tracking diagonal jump attacks, shield guys, sponge bosses) and its implementation of i-frames doesn't work with the new mechanics it introduces. But arcade mode gives you a satisfying consolised beat 'em up with plenty of varied characters and some neat retro homages.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Wonder when that patch is going to drop?
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

...if ever.

But I have to say the braless hipster girls are a reskin of the juggler enemies from SOR1 (Jack). You're not supposed to be able to grab and/or combo them without risk.

Grab their grenades mid-air and toss them back. Just like a grenade tossed by an enemy doesn't hurt enemies, a grenade tossed by you doesn't hurt you.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
TransatlanticFoe

Ehh I've found that a bit risky, the game seems to be finnicky regarding the player being on the right plane for anything (it's definitely more relaxed for the SOR1 characters though) - but more lax for enemies being able to hit you. Once something's in the air and you're dealing with other enemies, seems a bit more sensible to me to focus on closing in for a heavy damage combo rather than a catch attempt which might end with my taking damage but not giving any in return. Maybe that's easier with Floyd to mitigate his lack of mobility, will have to try it in stage select.

Jugglers in SOR1 were generally easy to hit thanks to the more generous attack reach in that game, which seems considerably nerfed in SOR4.
Lazy-Assed Prophet

Post by Lazy-Assed Prophet »

I think the graphics and the game play are awesome! The only issue I had that it felt short to me is the characters felt like tanks. They should have updated the tank like feel, also, the boss fights were a little boring and drawn out, plus they re-used allot of the same bosses. They should have been more creative, still, there was one boss fight that caught me off guard, I wish we could use the new character in the main game but oh well. Great game.
YoniArousement

Post by YoniArousement »

The balance patch might be issued sometime this month:
https://twitter.com/Dotemu/status/1301256079964340231
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Balance patch droppin'. Full changelog here.
Spoiler
TL;DR;
- Online improvements: better fluidity and stability, less latency.
- New online stats display options available on the HUD section.
- Balancing improvements for all main characters.
- Major gameplay improvements for all stages.
- Various bug fixes.
- Fixed rare random crashes.

Details and full gameplay breakdown below:

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

- Specials and Star Moves can interrupt any hitstun state on ground.
- Specials can interrupt hit freeze.
- Faster jump start for SOR4 characters.
- You can pick up an item that is in the air if it is in your character height.
- All characters can hit at point blank.
- You cannot charge a move while doing a charged move.
- Forward specials are not triggered when pressing up or down.
- Wall bounces increments the combo counter.
- A character that is in "Body Hit" mode will collide more easily with other characters.
- Fixed input bug when canceling blitz by fwd special near a wall.
- Fixing pickup bug when several items overlap.
- Damage reduced on players when comboed by enemies.
- Scoring: combo bonuses don't have a point limit now.
- Scoring: combo counters stay alive when hitting shields or guards.
- Scoring: falling into holes breaks the combo.

CHARACTERS (SOR4)

Axel Stone (SOR4):
- Faster movespeed.
- Better recovery on air special.
- Additional invincibility frames on grand upper start up.
- Added grand upper OTG (on the ground) property.
- Grand upper travels farther.
- Added neutral special OTG property.
- Neutral special has less hit freeze.
- Pipe swing has a little less recovery.
- Air special: all hits connect when OTG + ignore weight class.
- Defensive cost lowered.
- Damage rescale on grand upper.
- Forward special bigger hit box.
- Charge kick wall damage buff.
- Infinite stun lock on enemies removed
- Special pipe going a little farther.
- Better recovery on combo.
- Better damage on normal combo and star move.
- Charge attack goes a little farther.

Cherry Hunter (SOR4):
- Can jump cancel after uppercut combo and grab uppercut.
- +2 frames stun on punches.
- Flying punch from combo is fully invincible.
- Charged flying punch is invincible before hit.
- Full invulnerability during fall removed.
- Special forward is faster.
- Damage buff.
- Back throw works in corners.
- Pogo kick now can hit OTG.
- Cherry damages rescaled on normal combo.
- Infinite head stomping fixed.
- Cherry knee loop slightly nerfed.

Floyd Iraia (SOR4):
- Attack x3 infinite removed.
- Neutral special life cost adjustment.
- Floyd can no longer reset its grab move counter by jumping.
- Specials take less hp.
- Floyd has now a slower animation throwing a butcher knife like all SOR4 characters.

Blaze Fielding (SOR4):
- Less vertical speed on juggle neutral special.
- Less vertical speed on juggle back attack.
- Back attack now has a high bounce.
- Jump cancel on combo kick 1st hit.

Adam Hunter (SOR4)
- Infinite combo loops removed.
- Added neutral special OTG property.

CHARACTERS (SOR1)

Axel Stone (SOR1):
- Added invincibility on headbutt.

Blaze Fielding (SOR1):
- Hitting behind with flip kick.

Adam Hunter (SOR1):
- Combo more like the original.
- Added body hit property to its last kick in combo (as in original sor1).
- Infinite removed.

CHARACTERS (SOR2)

Axel Stone (SOR2):
- Fixed Star Move not recovering green health.

Max Thunder (SOR2):
- Atomic drop recovery is shorter and bigger AOE.

CHARACTERS (SOR3)

Skate Hunter (SOR3):
- Damage nerf on blitz.
- Forward special consume less hp.
- Higher hurtbox.
- Pummel inverted fixed.

Axel Stone (SOR3):
- Infinite removed.
- Run speed +10%.
- Fixed Star Move not recovering green health.
- Punch range is better.
- Jab recovery shorter.

Shiva (SOR3):
- Blitz damage nerf.
- Fixed hitbox on Star Move.

BOSSES:

Diva:
- Bug fix Diva never going in phase 2.
- Diva’s charge slower.
- No armor on kicks.
- Electric area disappear faster.
- Diva has longer preparation for snake bite.
- Diva snake bite has less depth.

Commissioner (Stage 2):
- Balancing.
- Commissioner longer charge punch time + lower dash grab hitbox.

Estel:
- Police attacks are easier to dodge.

Barbon:
- Barbon kicks can hit another player after impact.

Shiva:
- Smaller hitbox on palm moves.
- Shiva double has a chance to align with the player (instead of being full random).

Commissioner (Stage 7):
- A lot less armor moves.

Riha & Beyo:
- Beyo is a little faster.
- No more armor moves for Beyo.
- Armor finishes sooner for Riha's moves.
- Less fire ponds (lesser time and bigger cooldown).
- Riha fire aoe moves are slower.

Max:
- Throw aoe damage nerf.
- Some ai fixes.
- Can't combo the player anymore with 3 shoulder tackles.

Ms.Y:
- Harder.
- Elite Shadow reinforcements during fight.

Mr. Y:
- MrY stage 11 harder.
- MrY stage 12 evades more.

Robot:
- MrY + MsY's last fight is longer before robot appearance.
- Some robot hitboxes are smaller.
- Legs positions changed.
- Twin getting into the robot regains full life.
- Additional damages on robot.
- Fixed a bug preventing MrY from throwing grenades.
- Spider robot now has the same attacks in phase 1 & 2.
- Fix a bug with MsY not grabbing in stage 12 last fight.

STAGES / ENEMIES / ITEMS:

General:
- Shorter electric vial time.
- Steam hazards hitbox reduced.
- Lots of enemies rising armor moves removed/nerfed.
- Lowered number of hits to destroy bikes down to 3.
- Enemies hurtbox while jumping on screen is bigger.
- Added 10 frames of stun after vault jump.
- Pummel moves fix preventing some infinites.
- Weapons start flashing in red at 1/3 life (instead of 1/2).
- Better reinforcements spawn code preventing some reinforcements from spawning out of bounds.
- Throwing knives does 36 damage instead of 35 preventing some weird 0hp enemy situations.
- Sledgehammer freeze reduced a bit.
- Fixed a bug where you could infinite combo an enemy and refill his life.

Galsia:
- Weapon hitbox nerf.

Stage 1:
- Faster transition on stage 1_2.

Stage 3:
- Donovan with a hammer on stage 3_1.

Stage 5:
- Fixed some scripting issues in 5-2 bar fight.
- Walking upward in front of Roo makes spawn 3 vials.

Stage 6:
- Bikes are now breakable in Stage 6.

Stage 9:
- Apple added in the changing room.
- 1 apple upgraded to chicken.

Stage 10:
- Fixing Grenade throwers on roof throwing their grenades out of bounds.
- Some K-washi shield issues fixed.
- Gold reinforcements on stage 10 boss.

Stage 11:
- More score items on the plane.

Stage 12:
- Less green life at beginning.
- Ninja floor changed a little (removed spike ball, added Big Bens).

Battle Mode:
- In Battle Mode, special burst would be very annoying, so it is deactivated.

Boss Rush:
- Barbon clone bug fixed.
- MrY & MsY robot trigger threshold as in Story Mode.

Pheasant, Sparrow:
- Fixed pheasant and sparrow rising move not triggering properly.

Goro:
- Longer parry recovery time.
- Easier massive punch dodge.

Caramel, Candy:
- Headbutt nerf: hitbox + hitbox depth nerf.
- Lower hp.

Diamond / palettes:
- Jump kick track less.
- Slap is slower.

Dylan, Kevin, Francis, Brandon:
- No armor.

Raven / palettes:
- Slower kicks.
- Slower knee while rising.
- Turn toward the target when rising.

Feroccio, Dick, Barney, Lou:
- Slower start up.
- Smaller hitbox height.
- Less HP.

Donovan:
- Donovan can hold a hammer.
- Donovan and palettes have a slower jab punch.

Big Ben / Gourmand:
- Gourmand jump attack tracks less.
- Gourmand doesn't do 2 hits anymore with air attack.
- Armor removed on Big Ben fire attack.

Murphy (Elite Cop):
- Slower shield regeneration.
- Slower attack.

Signal R & D:
- Faster walk speed before grab.

Nora / palettes:
- Nora palettes aren't armor anymore.

Koobo:
- Lowered Koobo control weapons number (2 flying at the same time).

Agent:
- Bronze Agent is not armor anymore during his attack.

Retro:
- Retro Shiva boss fight reworked.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Oh yeah, just played some Axel. Love the faster movement and all the new off-the-ground effects added to moves.

Still more of a cat-and-mouse dancer than the jugglefest of Fight'n Rage, but I'm loving the changes already!
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Going to dive back into this tonight! Haven't tried the new version yet.
rapoon

Post by rapoon »

I beat Arcade (Hard) a few nights ago with a measly score of 190k (B) but I'm still pleased I managed to get through it.
In addition to Axel, really felt like Max (as Boss) got a buff, particularly his second phase.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Alright, time to fire up this topic again.

Got the game yesterday and immediately beat all of Normal mode in a couple of hours. I was expecting the default to be easy, so that's not a problem. It still felt very balanced with a lot to go for, especially if you're getting into scoring.
So I started playing on "Hardest", figuring Mania would probably cause me too much grief right away, and got through most of the game with little trouble, though I did run into a couple of game overs and an early restart or two when the beginning of a stage didn't go like I wanted to. It's definitely much harder, and actually requires playing the game like it's designed to be played, rather than just pretending that it's SOR2 as I had pretty much until then.
As such, Stage 9 is where things immediately went south, and I had to figure out how to actually play this thing. It's the one that starts with a slippery floor, making proper zoning next to impossible, followed by a very tight room full of those awful karate guys, and then topping it off with the glass elevator before you face the toughest boss in the game. It took me god-knows-how-many attempts and restarts before I was finally able to reach the boss fight without dying, and still only made it through by the skin of my teeth.
By comparison stages 10 and 11 were quite easy, and I got them both first try - Tried the final stage once and got completely flattened by the absurd onslaught of chubby dudes right before the final bosses. That made me so demotivated that it might be a while before I try again, haha!

Overall, it's a really good game, that's not a secret to anyone. I think most of what I have to say about it has already been said in the thread long ago.
I also don't really get the dislike some people have for the graphics. It's a different style from the other games, sure, but it looks great. It's much, much better in action than what it appears like on still shots. I agree on the suggestion to turn "ambience" way done, and did so almost immediately.
I also really like the music. It's nothing too out of the ordinary, and turning on the retro soundtrack does immediately improve the game (as it would most games), but I think that's still a disservice to the original soundtrack to the game which does do a good job.
The stage design is brilliant, you're constantly tossed into new constellations and situations that force you to shuffle and reorganize the tactics you've been forming for the battles you have already gone through. It's the right way to put a game of this type together, and it never grows stale despite running much longer than other much more repetitive games of the genre.

There's something about the game that doesn't make me too crazy about it, though. I don't usually think much about the priorities of attacks in a game like this, but some of them just feel weird. Like, why do I get knocked out of my blitz attack by an enemy doing a kick or dash in my direction? And you'd think those stoner guys that like to evade and do jump kicks towards you probably wouldn't get away with that when they get a fucking sword tossed in their direction? Well guess again.
I guess I get why it works like that. They don't want Grand Upper to be a total OP solution to everything the way it was in SOR2, and the only way to deal with pretty much any ranged attack is to use the defensive special. As a result the deeper elements of the game design seem to be based entirely around tactical use of the specials (standing/defensive and jumping special most of all - the offensive special seems like it's mostly there to activate when you didn't want to, and ruin your day), which makes the game a completely different beast from the other SOR games, even compared to SOR3's "free specials" with a full meter.

It's kinda funny, I had actually considered an almost completely identical mechanic for a somewhat similar style of game I wanted to make some time, so initially it bummed me out that SOR4 had inadvertently "stolen" my idea. The thing about being able to regain health lost on using desperation moves.
But trying it out in this game, I'm not really too fond of it. The result is that the game puts you in a loop where taking a hit becomes increasingly more dangerous, so you end up relying on the specials so much to keep your flow going that it becomes a do-or-die situation where any small mistake becomes much more devastating, which in turn resulted in a bunch of frustrating resets on my part.
It's not really a bad system, it's actually kind of brilliant, especially in the way it works in tandem with the combo based scoring system, rewarding an extremely aggressive, but also much more risky play style.
But it very quickly escalates to a high level of play that I can't quite keep up with. There are just way too many situations where I feel that it wasn't my fault (even though it probably was) that my combo was broken (along with most of my health bard), just because some random Donovan or Dylan decided to keep riiight outside of my hitbox until my special had ended only to immediately move in for a quick jab before I regain control. It's happened often enough that I'm convinced the AI is designed to do it, and it's equally frustrating every time. I see videos online of people making perfect combos throughout entire stages on Mania difficulty, and it's just baffling to me. The game is obviously well made, but it's hard for me to really get into playing it well.

Another more genuine issue I have with the game, is the way so many enemies, mostly bosses and the "Big Ben" style enemies, like to just randomly go into an uninterruptable state, I guess that's what people in this thread has been referring to as "hyper armor". It's way too easy to lose yourself in a combo only to realise you're not stunning the enemy, and about to get your ass kicked before you can get out of the way. Of course you can deal with this properly in every situation, but it still doesn't feel good. Feels like a meager solution to an issue that could have been handled in a better way.

I've only been playing as Axel so far, by the way. So I guess I have a lot of stuff yet to try, with all the other characters available.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Shiva confirmed as the third DLC character:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhSScRo3dmo

Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Saw this earlier and was going to post, but the site is now blocked at work. Fuck you NYC DOE.

Anyways Shiva looks fucking awesome. It looks like they took everything that was great about him in Remake (SOR 2 version) and made him even better. Can't wait to try him.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Some teaser footage of Shiva doing a combo in the new training room:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H5Q5EHxdTo