Switch shmup games list

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
BrianC

Re: Switch shmup games list

Post by BrianC »

Tried it in tate on Switch. Aspect ratio and size isn't automatically adjusted in most ACA games, but this one oddly keeps the correct aspect ratio in tate without adjusting the size. I'm liking the game itself so far. Definitely has that classic Konami feel to it.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Shelcoof wrote:I so remember this game back in the arcades when I was a kid!!! :shock:

Maybe its time for me to log onto the PSN store :mrgreen:
For me it was always one of the mysterious arcade-only games on the Shooting Battle Perfect Selection album - it was actually searching it up that led me to Malc's review and this forum, almost twenty years back. I've always been partial to the non-console games on those albums, as a result... with A-JAX, Thunder Cross and Trigon on ACA in fine form, here's hoping for Thunder Cross II and XEXEX. ^__^
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Xexex would be special indeed.

First impression: Trigon is a lot like Akuu Gallet... it blows my socks off. Man, it's oozing confidence in its design.
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

Watching the attract mode in Trigon and I see some really cool weapons being used in 2-player mode, which are moved around by both players. Looks really badass. Do these only appear in 2-player? Definitely going to bust this out when I get a buddy over.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Yeah, it's the Tag Team Super ala Raiden Fighters. :smile: Finally hit me while admiring the incendiary JP flyer, the triple attack is also the game's namesake (P1/Thingy/P2 formin' up like Voltron). /slowpoke.jpg :oops:

Near-future gunmetal & earth tones <333

2P attack's one of a few interesting surface parallels with Crisis Force (FC), though that one's Konami x Compile ultimately plays nothing alike. In solo games, it's an auto-targeting Option, incredibly handy in its own right.

As malc's review notes, in customarily unfortunate Konami export PCB style (cf Thunder Cross, XEXEX, Metamorphic Force and many more), Lightning Fighters is missing this 1P Option type.
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

Oh derp, I should have read that review first. Thanks.

Bonus points awarded for spelling Lightning correctly.
Konami: 1
Technosoft: 0
:P
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Jets 'n Guns 2 is coming to the Switch on the 26th.
durias

Post by durias »

xxx1993 wrote:Jets 'n Guns 2 is coming to the Switch on the 26th.
Looks cool!
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

At least now I have something to look forward to.
guigui

Post by guigui »

durias wrote:
xxx1993 wrote:Jets 'n Guns 2 is coming to the Switch on the 26th.
Looks cool!
I've never heard of those games Jets'n Guns. The first one is on sale at $3 now.

Any return on those games ? 43 levels announced ? How is gameplay ?
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

The game looks pretty complete to me.
BIL

Post by BIL »

xxx1993 wrote:At least now I have something to look forward to.
D:

Everything ok? We've got a movie reviews show to run!
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I'm fine. I've been wanting to get back in the theater after being deprived of it for four months due to you-know-what, but I don't think my theater will open again until next Wednesday.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Same here, been catching up on some old favourites and overlooked classics. Friggin' coof pushed the Sopranos movie back to 2021, grumble grumble. 3;<
Marc

Post by Marc »

Loving Trigon. More of these lesser-known gems please Hamster.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

BIL wrote:Same here, been catching up on some old favourites and overlooked classics. Friggin' coof pushed the Sopranos movie back to 2021, grumble grumble. 3;<
I've just been watching movies on streaming every week.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Yep, Jets 'n Guns 2 on the Switch runs at a silky-smooth 60fps framerate indeed.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
stryc9

Post by stryc9 »

Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but the extreme lag affecting the Psykyo Collections appears to have been addressed. I booted Vol 2 to play some Dragon Blaze and there was an update - certainly the input response is a LOT better, same with Gunbird 2. Strikers II is also improved, but not in the same league as the other two. Didn't try Tengai.

The games are actually playable now, lol. Pity they couldn't fix the scaling, but let's not go crazy with expectations or anything :lol:
Facebook is for handbag users.
XBox Live Name: Katbizkitz
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbTnQVZ1e9M

How come no one told me about this game? This is the sequel to Sky Jaguar on the MSX.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

stryc9 wrote:Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but the extreme lag affecting the Psykyo Collections appears to have been addressed. I booted Vol 2 to play some Dragon Blaze and there was an update - certainly the input response is a LOT better, same with Gunbird 2. Strikers II is also improved, but not in the same league as the other two. Didn't try Tengai.

The games are actually playable now, lol. Pity they couldn't fix the scaling, but let's not go crazy with expectations or anything :lol:
The stand alone Strikers 1945 release just updated to 1.0.5. None of the other releases updated to this version and I still need to try it to see what they've changed.
pcb_revival

Post by pcb_revival »

Arcade Archives Gemini Wing - Sept 10.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/arcade- ... tch-and-pc

Now we got Rangok Skies. Coming to the PS4, Switch, and Steam sometime in 2020. It's very much inspired by DoDonPachi.
Shogun

Post by Shogun »

stryc9 wrote:Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but the extreme lag affecting the Psykyo Collections appears to have been addressed. I booted Vol 2 to play some Dragon Blaze and there was an update - certainly the input response is a LOT better, same with Gunbird 2. Strikers II is also improved, but not in the same league as the other two. Didn't try Tengai.

Where are you seeing this update? I just got Bravo (physical) and it says version 1.0 and when you check for an update it says thats the most current version.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

AFAIK, the Psikyo games only updated on PC, not Switch. I'll check to be sure, though.
cvaniafan

Post by cvaniafan »

xxx1993 wrote:https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/arcade- ... tch-and-pc

Now we got Rangok Skies. Coming to the PS4, Switch, and Steam sometime in 2020. It's very much inspired by DoDonPachi.
The sprites are great, but the backgrounds look so generic and botched ! I hope they polish the game before its release.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

I don't own the whole collection, but in checking the latest versions on Switch:

Strikers 1945 - Ver. 1.0.5
Gunbird 2 - Ver. 1.0.2
Tengai - Ver. 1.0.2
Dragon Blaze - Ver. 1.0.3
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

cvaniafan wrote: The sprites are great
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

They literally got a boss from DonPachi too, huh?
Shogun

Post by Shogun »

Sengoku Strider wrote:I don't own the whole collection, but in checking the latest versions on Switch:

Strikers 1945 - Ver. 1.0.5
Gunbird 2 - Ver. 1.0.2
Tengai - Ver. 1.0.2
Dragon Blaze - Ver. 1.0.3
Ok that makes sense now. It looks like the collections (Alpha, Bravo) came out in 2020 so they would have the most latest patches. Looking on google it looks like the latest patches were in 2019. Thats a shame because that means the input lag is here to stay. I probably won't pick up Alpha then.

Edit - I should edit my post here as I spoke a bit too soon. I think I just don't like the joy cons. Hooking up an M30 via the USB-C port is night and day with the Psikyo and other ports. I'm really enjoying things on the switch now. Fantasy Zone is amazing! My favorite feature has to be the online scores and replays offered there.
Kobayashi

Post by Kobayashi »

I didn't see on the list Sega Ages: Thunder Force AC... An update is required.