gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thread

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
the Goat

Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre

Post by the Goat »

kitty666cats wrote:
the Goat wrote: How are you getting RGBS from a Commodore 128D?
If I had to guess they're prob rocking this:
https://gglabs.us/node/2063
That only works with the VDC RGBI output. 99% of software people might want to run on a commodore 128 will use the VIC-II output.
-the Goat
Heliopause Heavy Industries :: video game console repairs and modifications
superg

Post by superg »

All gscartsw are shipped.
gcompsw's are currently being assembled and packed. I expect to have them all shipped this week.
And of course I will have both gscartsw and gcompsw in stock.
ninjaz0mbie

Post by ninjaz0mbie »

superg wrote:All gscartsw are shipped.
gcompsw's are currently being assembled and packed. I expect to have them all shipped this week.
Does this mean that backorders will be fulfilled soon as well?

I placed an order for a gcompsw on gretrostuff.com about two weeks ago, though I haven't received any email confirmation outside of the automated message from paypal, so just wanted to make sure it hasn't fallen off the radar :D
superg

Post by superg »

ninjaz0mbie wrote:
Does this mean that backorders will be fulfilled soon as well?

I placed an order for a gcompsw on gretrostuff.com about two weeks ago, though I haven't received any email confirmation outside of the automated message from paypal, so just wanted to make sure it hasn't fallen off the radar :D
I was talking about the back orders. If you were charged it's all good. Everything will be shipped this week.
pfitz1982

Post by pfitz1982 »

If i were to order the Scart switcher, without asking for a hard date when might it ship?

Edit: disregard, I saw the post saying they would be instock.
Last edited by pfitz1982 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cjohnsonwayneco

Post by cjohnsonwayneco »

So glad everyone will be getting their switches. I ordered 2 gscart and 1 gcomp. I received one of the gscarts a few days ago. Any chance you can email tracking numbers so I can find out where the others are? Thanks
superg

Post by superg »

cjohnsonwayneco wrote:
So glad everyone will be getting their switches. I ordered 2 gscart and 1 gcomp. I received one of the gscarts a few days ago. Any chance you can email tracking numbers so I can find out where the others are? Thanks
You can see the tracking numbers right in your paypal transactions.
Or PM me your transaction ID's so I can look up.
superg

Post by superg »

I've just finished packing gcompsw's. Every gcompsw order until July 14 will be dropped off tomorrow.
I will catch up with the recent orders of both switch versions on a weekend (just a few) and will drop off the rest on Monday.
Thanks everybody for your patience!
Valandil

Post by Valandil »

superg wrote:I've just finished packing gcompsw's. Every gcompsw order until July 14 will be dropped off tomorrow.
I will catch up with the recent orders of both switch versions on a weekend (just a few) and will drop off the rest on Monday.
Thanks everybody for your patience!
Thank you for the update superg! I placed my order on July 18, can't wait for it to arrive. I may well place the order now for the bumper case so they arrive close to each other.
kennygunit

Post by kennygunit »

I recently moved my entire setup into a new home, and i seem to have misplaced my US Spec Power Adapter for the Scart board. Is there a specific adapter I need to look out for when ordering a new one? I saw it said +5V Micro USB, but is that it?
Thanks!
superg

Post by superg »

kennygunit wrote:I recently moved my entire setup into a new home, and i seem to have misplaced my US Spec Power Adapter for the Scart board. Is there a specific adapter I need to look out for when ordering a new one? I saw it said +5V Micro USB, but is that it?
Thanks!
Any will do really. If you need a link to the one I bundle, let me know.
0xfff0fff

Post by 0xfff0fff »

Hi.
Just received my gscartsw today. Everything works perfectly, except when plugging in one of its ouputs into my capture card.

Here's my test setup :
a PS2 hooked to one of the gscartsw's inputs through a PS2 SCART RGB CSYNC cable.
Then one output goes to my monitor (it works perfectly) while the other one goes to a sync strike. Both gscartsw outputs consist of two Euroscart male to male RGB cables.
Then the sync strike's VGA output goes into my capture card (USB3HDCAP) through a vga to dvi adapter.

The issue here with gscartsw is that I'm getting a weird interlaced image. If I skip the gscartsw and hook my PS2's RGB CSYNC cable directly into the sync strike, then the captured picture is crystal clear.

Here's the capture with the gscartsw :
Spoiler
Here's the capture without the gscartsw (don't mind the brightness difference, I tweaked it between these two pictures) :
Spoiler
I tried dealing with the dip switches of the gscartsw but it achieved nothing for this case.

I would gladly take any advice or help at this point :)
KitsuneMulder

Post by KitsuneMulder »

Sending you a PM but I think there's an error on the website PayPal integration. I was charged $240 + $17 instead of $220 + $17.
MaxRocker247

Post by MaxRocker247 »

Hey superg, I received my gcompsw a few days ago and I wasted no time making it a part of my retro gaming setup. The device is very well constructed and works great. However, when I first turn on a console, my Tv flashes and flickers wildly for a second or two, and then the image displays correctly. I was just wondering if it is supposed to do this, or if I did something wrong? I am using HD Retrovision component cables and my tv is a 27” Sony CRT. Some consoles do it more then others, with the GameCube being the worst. It is using the Carby component cables if that makes a difference. Otherwise it works perfectly and really simplifies my setup! Thanks again
Valandil

Post by Valandil »

Hello superg, I received my tracking info last Monday however the info on USPS site hasn't changed, it still says that only the shipping label was created but they are still waiting for the package. I don't want to rush you or anything, if it hasn't been sent that's ok just want to make sure there's no reason to get nervous about USPS not scanning the package properly or something. I placed the order on July 18, let me know if you need the PayPal transaction ID or tracking number to locate it. Thanks!
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

You guys seriously need to chill out! When you get notifications from Paypal when purchasing or USPS for shipping, those are your notifications. Superg stated many times that's all you'll get. It doesn't mean something is broken, or your payment didn't go through, or it's not shipping. Everything is working the way it should. Is it ideal? No, but that's the way it works. We've had our disagreements, but he's been 100% reputable and completely committed to getting everyone their orders in working condition. No need to freak out haha.
superg

Post by superg »

ldeveraux wrote:You guys seriously need to chill out! When you get notifications from Paypal when purchasing or USPS for shipping, those are your notifications. Superg stated many times that's all you'll get. It doesn't mean something is broken, or your payment didn't go through, or it's not shipping. Everything is working the way it should. Is it ideal? No, but that's the way it works. We've had our disagreements, but he's been 100% reputable and completely committed to getting everyone their orders in working condition. No need to freak out haha.
Uhm, I'm genuinely surprised.
Valandil wrote:Hello superg, I received my tracking info last Monday however the info on USPS site hasn't changed, it still says that only the shipping label was created but they are still waiting for the package. I don't want to rush you or anything, if it hasn't been sent that's ok just want to make sure there's no reason to get nervous about USPS not scanning the package properly or something. I placed the order on July 18, let me know if you need the PayPal transaction ID or tracking number to locate it. Thanks!
That was dropped off, they scan international packages only when they are ready to ship it further. Everything is slow due to covid.
Valandil

Post by Valandil »

Ohh I see, thank you superg!
MaxRocker247

Post by MaxRocker247 »

Hey superg, I received my gcompsw a few days ago and I wasted no time adding it to my retro gaming setup. Build quality is great and it looks awesome, and switching between systems is a breeze. However, when I first switch a console on, the screen flashes wildly for a second or two before an image displays. Is this normal or could there be a problem with my setup? I am using a Sony CRT and all consoles are using HD Retrovision component cables and the gamecube carby component cable. Some consoles do it worse then others with the gamecube and ps2 being the worst, and some consoles barely do it at all. Thanks
KentaZX

Post by KentaZX »

I've been using your scart switcher for a while. Just moved in to a new house and finished setting everything up in my new room and its still works good! Might have to buy another one in thew future though, because my manual Bandridge Scart Switcher is dying I believe which wont show any video, but still plays the audio just fine.

That 240$ though... So thats 322 CAD$ for me excluding the shipping, compare to the old price (180$ US/ 250CAD). So thats gonna take a bit for me to rack up the money.
KitsuneMulder

Post by KitsuneMulder »

KentaZX wrote:I've been using your scart switcher for a while. Just moved in to a new house and finished setting everything up in my new room and its still works good! Might have to buy another one in thew future though, because my manual Bandridge Scart Switcher is dying I believe which wont show any video, but still plays the audio just fine.

That 240$ though... So thats 322 CAD$ for me excluding the shipping, compare to the old price (180$ US/ 250CAD). So thats gonna take a bit for me to rack up the money.
I didn’t even know it was $180. I’ve only seen $220.
KentaZX

Post by KentaZX »

KitsuneMulder wrote:
KentaZX wrote:I've been using your scart switcher for a while. Just moved in to a new house and finished setting everything up in my new room and its still works good! Might have to buy another one in thew future though, because my manual Bandridge Scart Switcher is dying I believe which wont show any video, but still plays the audio just fine.

I didn’t even know it was $180. I’ve only seen $220.
Last year ago it was 180 USD. Thats when I bought his switcher the first time.
superg

Post by superg »

KentaZX wrote: Last year ago it was 180 USD. Thats when I bought his switcher the first time.
Maybe 2018, definitely not last year. I made some improvements since, sync on green support etc.
I hate this price honestly but there is nothing I can do, component prices are going up as well as labor, USPS raised their shipping prices as well (covid).
Even this $240 price is not distributor friendly, they won't be able to make it profitable and this is a big roadblock to me as eventually I want a distributor to take over all the order handling and stuff, I need peace of mind.
cjohnsonwayneco

Post by cjohnsonwayneco »

Received my two gscart and one gcomp switchers and now have all my systems hooked up. The switches work flawlessly. I love that I can just power on any system at any time and it auto switches right to that input. So convenient. Thanks for getting these to me and for the great work. They look pretty cool as well!
Buttonmasher321

Post by Buttonmasher321 »

Thanks for making such great products, I'm loving my gscartsw.

Hate to be this guy but I ordered a gcompsw 8/2 and am wondering if I'll be able to get in on this batch or if I'm on a waitlist. I know it takes time to process orders and you're a busy guy but just wanted to check.
Gurpegui

Post by Gurpegui »

I have received mine this week and the image quality is really good, at first it looked a bit blue but after checking the connections its fixed now.

For those of you who have not received it yet, i ordered mine march 6th so be patient, it will arrive, USPS is a mess right now due to COVID.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

Gurpegui wrote:I have received mine this week and the image quality is really good, at first it looked a bit blue but after checking the connections its fixed now.
I have a continuous issue like this with my NES that's either a tricky cable or a crummy nesrgb mod. Honestly it's probably both of these things. Definitely not the switch though!
superg

Post by superg »

Buttonmasher321 wrote:Thanks for making such great products, I'm loving my gscartsw.

Hate to be this guy but I ordered a gcompsw 8/2 and am wondering if I'll be able to get in on this batch or if I'm on a waitlist. I know it takes time to process orders and you're a busy guy but just wanted to check.
If you haven't gotten the shipping notification yet, you're on the waiting list. Unfortunately they sold out faster than gscartsw's this time, which is surprising because gscartsw is more popular and I always order more gscartsw's.
It will be available in 2 months again. I keep a few extras for some unfortunate situations and as soon as I can ship them I do that on first come first served basis.
MJR

Post by MJR »

I got my gscartw today, thank you very much!

Unfortunately, there is a small issue: my modded ps2 (matrix infinity) is showing weird purple tint over the screen. It is connected to the splitter with RGB scart cable. And my xbox 360 slim is showing heavy green tint. It is a PAL machine, connected to the splitter with split SCART/composite cable. Both consoles worked fine with previous splitters.

PC-Engine Duo R is showing perfect image.

My apologies if similar issue has already been answered in this thread before. Since this thread is 171 pages, I really did not have the time to go through it all. However, if anyone can quote / link me to this issue, in the case it has been answered already, I'll be most grateful. Thanks.
superg

Post by superg »

MJR wrote:I got my gscartw today, thank you very much!

Unfortunately, there is a small issue: my modded ps2 (matrix infinity) is showing weird purple tint over the screen. It is connected to the splitter with RGB scart cable. And my xbox 360 slim is showing heavy green tint. It is a PAL machine, connected to the splitter with split SCART/composite cable. Both consoles worked fine with previous splitters.

PC-Engine Duo R is showing perfect image.

My apologies if similar issue has already been answered in this thread before. Since this thread is 171 pages, I really did not have the time to go through it all. However, if anyone can quote / link me to this issue, in the case it has been answered already, I'll be most grateful. Thanks.
PS2: check your firmware setting output video mode, it should be set to RGB, PS2 shares same wires for Component / RGBS pins.
Xbox360: This is RGBS switch, you have to provide full RGB input, passive composite / audio adapter to SCART doesn't transcode, it's just an interconnection of wires.