Crimzon Clover World Explosion (Switch)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
FRO

Re: Crimzon Clover World Explosion (Switch)

Post by FRO »

VERY glad to see Crimzon Clover getting a console port, and I'll support it wherever it lands. Hopefully, Clover-TAC will eventually finish up the other shmup he's been developing for years, and that will see the light of day. Or maybe he'll be motivated enough to do a sequel...
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

With a name like World Explosion, this better have a Rayforce ending. :twisted:
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
iplaymyshmups

Post by iplaymyshmups »

szycag wrote:That guy is on the Shmups Facebook group a lot too, triggered any time Nintendo comes up, and he won't listen to any logic or reason. It's fine, this game belongs on everything though.
Do you love playing shmups with terrible input lag?
Marc wrote:
iplaymyshmups wrote:No PS4? Like the Pokemon, Animal Crossing and Smash Bros kids play bullet hells...

Womp womp womp.

Even Qute has more common sense for porting Ginga Force and hopefully Natsuki Chronicle to PS4.
What an incredibly silly assumption.
I buy every arcade re-release on the Switch rather than PS4/Xbox as in most cases they run exactly the same, and they're perfect portable games.
No they dont run the same. The Psikyo collections on Switch is the perfect example of game breaking input lag. My PS2 imports released by Taito has none of that ;)
Keeping your games sealed is like keeping your ass sealed when you have to take a number 2. Not natural.

My Instagram: galvatron86
Marc

Post by Marc »

Did you miss the 'most cases'?
Psikyo ports aren't great (though the few I own - Gunbird 2 and Gunbarich - are good enough for a quick blast at work), but the Arcade Archives, Neo and Sega Ages ports feel spot-on.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

iplaymyshmups wrote:My PS2 imports released by Taito has none of that ;)
You have a Japanese PS2!? Wow!

:roll:

Quit shitting on our Crimson Clover thread with OT bullshit.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
iplaymyshmups

Post by iplaymyshmups »

ACSeraph wrote:
iplaymyshmups wrote:My PS2 imports released by Taito has none of that ;)
You have a Japanese PS2!? Wow!

:roll:

Quit shitting on our Crimson Clover thread with OT bullshit.
Off topic? All I said is that game should be on PS4 too. Are you Nintendo fanboys Trump supporters? Just like them and the POTUS himself none of you could handle a opinion.
Keeping your games sealed is like keeping your ass sealed when you have to take a number 2. Not natural.

My Instagram: galvatron86
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Alright, that's enough of that. Move on and let's get the thread back on topic.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

Glad this is getting a switch port. Guess I need to buy a decent arcade stick for my switch one day!
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

I use a HRAP 4 on my Switch with a Brook adapter or a Brook Universal Fighting Board in my Namco HD Cabinet.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
Firehawke

Post by Firehawke »

Yep. Seconding the Brook adapter option. I've used one of those to get a HRAP 4 Kai PS3/PS4 stick working on Switch.

Very low latency (and thus well-liked by the FGC), and it works well enough I ended up getting a PS3/PS4->XB1 one as well just to make life easier over there as well.
monstercloset

Post by monstercloset »

Really hoping they do a physical release, I'd love a nice Crimzon Clover case for my shelf
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

Firehawke wrote:Yep. Seconding the Brook adapter option. I've used one of those to get a HRAP 4 Kai PS3/PS4 stick working on Switch.

Very low latency (and thus well-liked by the FGC), and it works well enough I ended up getting a PS3/PS4->XB1 one as well just to make life easier over there as well.
I think the universal fighting board is fine. but my brook adapter feels laggy.
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

I'm glad I have that 8BitDo stick. It's gonna get good use with this port.
jedinat

Post by jedinat »

I hope they go with a reasonable price. I'm thinking $15 digital.
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

XoPachi wrote:I'm glad I have that 8BitDo stick. It's gonna get good use with this port.
I'm salty I missed out on this arcade stick. Can't find it in the UK.
jedinat

Post by jedinat »

mastermx wrote:
XoPachi wrote:I'm glad I have that 8BitDo stick. It's gonna get good use with this port.
I'm salty I missed out on this arcade stick. Can't find it in the UK.
It's just a worse version of this stick: https://www.amazon.com/Elite-Arcade-Sti ... 07CXJ77DT/
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

mastermx wrote:I think the universal fighting board is fine. but my brook adapter feels laggy.
Yeah, I put a universal fighting board in my stick and it's been amazing. Use it for Switch, PC, 360, etc. Feels like it's low lag and the compatibility's great.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Best news all summer! Totally getting a switch for this (if it's exclusive).

[edit] so what's the best way to put a Switch in a Blast City?
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
FRO

Post by FRO »

chempop wrote:[edit] so what's the best way to put a Switch in a Blast City?
Not sure about a Blast City, but DJPsykoM1 on Twitch hooks his up in his Viewlix cabinet.
Special World

Post by Special World »

Not my favorite by a long shot, but happy to have another solid bullet hell on Switch.
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

chempop wrote:Best news all summer! Totally getting a switch for this (if it's exclusive).

Brook Universal Fighting Board and HDMI to VGA adapter and change the settings to 480P. I have done this on my Naomi Cabinets one with a Nanao and another with a Sanwa Monitor VGA. Currently I am running on a Namco Noir 1080P.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
chempop

Post by chempop »

Tokyo-J wrote:
chempop wrote:Best news all summer! Totally getting a switch for this (if it's exclusive).

Brook Universal Fighting Board and HDMI to VGA adapter and change the settings to 480P. I have done this on my Naomi Cabinets one with a Nanao and another with a Sanwa Monitor VGA. Currently I am running on a Namco Noir 1080P.
Thank you very much! I'll look into that for sure 8)
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Can someone with a bit deeper knowledge of this game than this old fart let me know if this information is accurate?

Working on a custom move strip
Spoiler

Also, if possible, what is written in Japanese in the Game mode select boxes?

(I will post this in strategy section as well)
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Google translate's image scan says:

Difficulty (Time Attack says Remaining Lives <infinity>)
Bullet Density
Bullet Speed

Break Mode Duration: (Normal/Unlimited (Automatically Activated)/Normal/Short)
Double Break Duration: (Normal/Usage Prohibited/Normal/Short)

The text on top of Boost's meters is a bit blurry but I think the meaning can be inferred.

EDIT: I also don't think the star item refills gauge at all - I cheked a couple of Jaimers' videos that seems to confirm this. It adds to you cumulative star count, which your extends and stage bonuses are based on.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Thanks a lot, every little bit helps!
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
vector7

Post by vector7 »

Bomb picture description is wrong, specifically the line "fill meter to boost (in boost mode)". I checked the videos and it doesn't even exist in boost mode, you automatically enter break when the main bomb/break line gets filled. In other modes that secondary pinkish line indicates how full your additional double break meter is. You fill both meters with kills from lock-on, so even if you main break meter is not filled you can gain some secondary meter anyway. I have almost zero knowledge of unlimited mode, but seems like you get more meter from cancelled bullets, so you can fill 2nd line even before you filled the first. Or maybe you just get more meter from lock-on kills and you need to do them much more often than in arcade to clear bullets. Maybe that 2nd line is a bit faster to fill and you can fill it first in arcade too if you'll only do kills with lock-on, I don't know.

Also bomb line recover item description is weird. Not bombing doesn't lower the line as far as I remember, it just stays the same. Losing the life does reset the bomb though.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Thank you. I've updated the preview pictures:
Spoiler

emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Finished my movestrip for the game: http://emphatic.se/custom_artwork/crimz ... er_web.png
chempop

Post by chempop »

emphatic wrote:Finished my movestrip for the game: http://emphatic.se/custom_artwork/crimz ... er_web.png
Yoink :D Nicely done! I'm still trying to figure out the easiest (not necessarily best) way to run a switch in a tri-sync blast city. I might try using a brooks 360>switch convertor and this cheap adapter which I've read isn't half bad: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B7 ... UTF8&psc=1
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

I'm playing WI right now..
Man, there is an anger to this game that I just love. Maelstrom on Unlimited is one of my favorite bosses like ever. This thing is so furious and his theme hits.