Pgm repair

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Ddshot

Pgm repair

Post by Ddshot »

I recently picked up a pgm mother board and 3 game carts(espaluga,dodonpachi,ketsui)and can get nothing to work,one cart I just get coloured snow the other two there must be a short circuit or something because my super gun won’t even power up with them inserted,I opens the game carts and on has very bad soldering the other don’t look to bad,the motherboard looks good tbh.ive been searching online to find anyone who can fix it or at least willing to have a go but no one is intrested,don’t suppose anybody knows anyone who could??im in the uk.
Thanks [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ddshot

Re: Pgm repair

Post by Ddshot »

Thinking I should of put this in hardware section!

Harrumph

Post by Harrumph »

Maybe you can reach out to that australian guy Tim that Smokemonster talked with in his PGM video. He seemed extremely knowledgable.
https://youtu.be/NX6soyUHNEM
He has a website with tons of pgm information.
http://www.gc8tech.com/
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

Ddshot wrote:I recently picked up a pgm mother board and 3 game carts(espaluga,dodonpachi,ketsui)and can get nothing to work,one cart I just get coloured snow the other two there must be a short circuit or something because my super gun won’t even power up with them inserted,I opens the game carts and on has very bad soldering the other don’t look to bad,the motherboard looks good tbh.ive been searching online to find anyone who can fix it or at least willing to have a go but no one is intrested,don’t suppose anybody knows anyone who could??im in the uk.
Thanks [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Do you have a non-conversion cart to test?

Also, if someone assembled the carts back wards (PCBs flipped) it's bad news as they can go both ways and sadly they will fry shit that way.

Tim's the right person to ask for help, but here is an extensive thread on arcade-projects.com about those carts as well.
Ddshot

Post by Ddshot »

Thanks for the info dudes il check it out [THUMBS UP SIGN]