Regarding the most popular Japanese game seller on eBay

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!

How often do you purchase from YaMamaTalksToU?

Never have, and I never will.
8%
Never have, but I might consider it in the future if there's something I need.
8%
Rarely.
10%
Occasionally/sometimes.
10%
Often.
5%
What. In. The. Flamin'. Heck. Is a YaMamaTalksToU?
59%

Total votes: 39

Wachenroder

Re: Regarding the most popular Japanese game seller on eBay

Post by Wachenroder »

Was one of my favorite sellers for years until we sort of got into it a few months ago. I bought a few sticks from them and asked if they offered combined shipping discounts. For some reason they got VERY upset, Hit me with the Soup Nazi "NO GAMES FOR YOU!!!!"

They did ship me that package but after that, I tried buying something else from them but it said my account was basically blocked lol.

Very strange since our exchange was polite. It was just before they switched from auctions to BUY IT NOW only so I guess maybe they were stressing hard and kind of took it out on me.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

i haven't bought anything from them since they doubled the cost of shipping.
layzee

Post by layzee »

Koa Zo wrote:Now everything is relisted with slightly higher prices and much lower discounts. 5% off two, 10% off six, 30% off ten. Clearly they've been trying to find their groove in this changing market. I wonder if eBay Japan made some significant changes to their sellers this past month
Yep, they're definitely experimenting until they find something that works. And they're going all out. More than 15,000 items listed - they usually have at most 5000 at any given time. Strange however that some times have 30 day durations while others are shorter. Oversight or is there a purpose to it?

eBay Japan hasn't existed for almost 20 years - any policies the sellers would be following are eBay USA's.
Wachenroder wrote:They did ship me that package but after that, I tried buying something else from them but it said my account was basically blocked lol.

Very strange since our exchange was polite. It was just before they switched from auctions to BUY IT NOW only so I guess maybe they were stressing hard and kind of took it out on me.
I've also followed their non-positive feedback and there has been users reporting that they were being blocked from bidding for whatever reason.
layzee

Post by layzee »

Despite my criticisms, I confess that I'm nostalgic for them to come back. They have not listed anything for almost 4 months now - that is unprecedented. This is in line with the beginning of peak COVID and Japan Post's shipping restrictions (which are still active). Are they focusing on the local market at the moment or did they shift to a different eBay account?

Where are y'all buyin' your import games now?
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

I'm waiting because I don't want to pay $20 shipping on a single game. Lots of cheap stuff that I'm after.