shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:57 am View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:20 pm 



Joined: 27 Jun 2020
Posts: 4
Hello, I emailed the email on the first page of this thread a few days ago regarding the group buy of Ultra HDMI but got no reply. I hope Im not too late to get in. Is there a way to know if I sent it correctly or if you guys recieved it?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:48 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2018
Posts: 165
Location: Newnan, GA 30263 United States
pintarider wrote:
Hello, I emailed the email on the first page of this thread a few days ago regarding the group buy of Ultra HDMI but got no reply. I hope Im not too late to get in. Is there a way to know if I sent it correctly or if you guys recieved it?

I finished the June 23 emails just now. I only got the street part of your address, so I calculated the total assuming you are in USA.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:43 am 



Joined: 27 Jun 2020
Posts: 4
Thank you for the reply! I emailed back with the correct address and a question I had. Aside from that and as far as payments go, how will you know that I was the one who sent the money??


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:27 pm 



Joined: 21 Jun 2020
Posts: 13
pintarider wrote:
Thank you for the reply! I emailed back with the correct address and a question I had. Aside from that and as far as payments go, how will you know that I was the one who sent the money??


Does the name on the PayPal account match your name and shipping info that you gave him in the email? If not, follow up with the payment confirmation. I chose goods and services when I sent the payment. It sent my address to him in PayPal so everything matched. I also took a screenshot and replied to his email with him and confirmed payment.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:03 pm 



Joined: 27 Jun 2020
Posts: 4
dryja123 wrote:
pintarider wrote:
Thank you for the reply! I emailed back with the correct address and a question I had. Aside from that and as far as payments go, how will you know that I was the one who sent the money??


Does the name on the PayPal account match your name and shipping info that you gave him in the email? If not, follow up with the payment confirmation. I chose goods and services when I sent the payment. It sent my address to him in PayPal so everything matched. I also took a screenshot and replied to his email with him and confirmed payment.


Oh awesome thank you man for the confirmation on that. Mine doesnt match i dont think but Ill try doing that thanks again.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:54 pm 



Joined: 30 Jun 2020
Posts: 3
Divines be praised I found this thread! I was reading up on people's experiences with the retrotink vs the koryuu+ossc because I just found out my N64 is incompatible with the easy RGB mod. Then I backed out of that thread and found this! I ordered a wiidual too so this would totally complete my retro setup! (all two consoles in it)

Will the DAC module still support composite and s-video? I'm not gonna be using those myself, just curious. What I would be using is line doubled RGBHV since I'm using a CRT computer monitor. :)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:54 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2018
Posts: 165
Location: Newnan, GA 30263 United States
pintarider wrote:
Thank you for the reply! I emailed back with the correct address and a question I had. Aside from that and as far as payments go, how will you know that I was the one who sent the money??

Usually the name or the notes will make it obvious. I suggest including a note with the name you provided for the public list of participants.

Through all the rounds, there have been two or three payments that required some investigation to determine which participant to associate it with. It's good to have a note with the transaction.

[edit]

Yours is received!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:34 am 



Joined: 04 Jul 2020
Posts: 2
James, just sent email from my Gmail account asking about the add on board, please check when you get a chance, thanks


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:22 am 



Joined: 30 Jun 2020
Posts: 3
So once you've responded and we've sent a payment, would it be a good idea to go ahead and send you our N64s or do we wait until the units come in?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:45 pm 



Joined: 25 Jan 2019
Posts: 1
Alborix wrote:
So once you've responded and we've sent a payment, would it be a good idea to go ahead and send you our N64s or do we wait until the units come in?
I would expect the wait is probably going to be over a year, it's already been longer than that for some on this round. So unless you want to go that long without your N64, I would just keep it until the kit comes in, and join the rest of us following this thread [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:34 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2018
Posts: 165
Location: Newnan, GA 30263 United States
I received an N64 today that I will need to investigate to determine who it belongs to. The box + packing tape + shipping label all have "eBay" branding, but the console serial number doesn't match the one I was told to expect from eBay. The tracking number indicates it started moving July 1 in Pennsylvania. No controller. No power supply. No jumper/expansion pak. No AV cord.

Sender name: B- U-
Serial number: NS1-----142

[edit] Figured it out. This one belongs to Jensine. [/edit]

Jon8RFC wrote:
Good info and thanks for sharing the pictures. I'm looking forward to keeping one my favorite systems forward-compatible with TV connections.

Side note, since others may see this and buy one of these, too. Are you comfortable doing the WiiDual installation? I pre-ordered one of those and these are the installation instructions.


My brother and I have done a handful of WiiDual installs (finishing up another one shortly). Hopefully I'll have time to set up WeStillPlay.com in the near future to offer services there.

dryja123 wrote:
pintarider wrote:
Thank you for the reply! I emailed back with the correct address and a question I had. Aside from that and as far as payments go, how will you know that I was the one who sent the money??


Does the name on the PayPal account match your name and shipping info that you gave him in the email? If not, follow up with the payment confirmation. I chose goods and services when I sent the payment. It sent my address to him in PayPal so everything matched. I also took a screenshot and replied to his email with him and confirmed payment.


Yes. In previous rounds I've had to investigate a couple payments to figure out who it came from. If the name or email address doesn't match one that I've corresponded with, it helps to have a note on the payment or send me an email right after.

Alborix wrote:
... Will the DAC module still support composite and s-video? I'm not gonna be using those myself, just curious. What I would be using is line doubled RGBHV since I'm using a CRT computer monitor. :)


Yes. Composite and S-video output should continue to work as it did before.

Dizzny wrote:
James, just sent email from my Gmail account asking about the add on board, please check when you get a chance, thanks


Yup! We got in touch yesterday.

Alborix wrote:
So once you've responded and we've sent a payment, would it be a good idea to go ahead and send you our N64s or do we wait until the units come in?


To minimize the amount of time spent without your N64, I suggest waiting to send it. I usually get a heads-up from Marshall before he finishes programming / testing / packing / shipping the kits. At that point I'll contact participants to let them know it's time to send.

Some people send the N64 early anyway. I test it and disassemble so it's ready to be upgraded when the kits arrive.


Last edited by Ichinisan on Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:55 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2018
Posts: 165
Location: Newnan, GA 30263 United States
1ultranalu wrote:
Hello all, if you are still accepting people on the wait list, i am happy to put my name down and follow the guidelines set! my email is [-] and i will be messaging the OP as well

Hi! I responded to your email with participation details on June 24.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:15 pm 



Joined: 06 Jul 2020
Posts: 1
Sent an email to join the latest round, if still open :)

Edit: Got in contact and all sorted 8)


Last edited by Pears on Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:22 pm 



Joined: 29 Sep 2016
Posts: 15
Hey @Ichinisan it's been a while I haven't checked this thread. How are we doing with Round 7.whats the latest from Marshall.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:49 am 


User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2018
Posts: 165
Location: Newnan, GA 30263 United States
viper1701 wrote:
Hey @Ichinisan it's been a while I haven't checked this thread. How are we doing with Round 7.whats the latest from Marshall.


This was the most recent update from Marshall:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=63381&p=1415445#p1415445

Marshall should now have both of the small batches he did in China (close to 250 units). Marshall has to modify all the secondary (analog) flex PCBs using a hole punch due to a production issue. Then he also needs to put finishing touches on the firmware before programming and testing all the boards. After that, it's just packing and shipping.

If Marshall is not ready to start a full-size production batch in Taiwan very soon after, I will try to convince him to do another batch in China and keep things moving.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:18 am 


User avatar

Joined: 09 May 2019
Posts: 24
Ichinisan wrote:
Marshall should now have both of the small batches he did in China (close to 250 units). Marshall has to modify all the secondary (analog) flex PCBs using a hole punch due to a production issue. Then he also needs to put finishing touches on the firmware before programming and testing all the boards. After that, it's just packing and shipping.

If Marshall is not ready to start a full-size production batch in Taiwan very soon after, I will try to convince him to do another batch in China and keep things moving.


This is awesome news! I'm absolutely stoked that we're so close, 250 units should have a lot of us on round seven covered. Thanks so much for updating us, Ichinisan.

Once we have shipping notification I imagine most of us are going to be over the freaking MOON.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:37 pm 



Joined: 04 Feb 2020
Posts: 1
I have shipped my console to you for modding whenever the kit comes in. I sent you an email as well.

Thanks!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:32 pm 



Joined: 04 Jul 2020
Posts: 2
If you look at the spread sheet, 250 will not even cover the first half of round seven, there are several people earlier in the list that have bought 20 and 30, even 100. Unless they do a 2nd round in china, its gonna be a while still for the majority of us


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:03 pm 



Joined: 27 Jun 2020
Posts: 4
I dont mind not have my n64 so I might send mine early. Just to make sure though, you dont need any of the cables right just the system even without the expansion pack right?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:33 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2018
Posts: 165
Location: Newnan, GA 30263 United States
Dax wrote:
Ichinisan wrote:
Marshall should now have both of the small batches he did in China (close to 250 units). Marshall has to modify all the secondary (analog) flex PCBs using a hole punch due to a production issue. Then he also needs to put finishing touches on the firmware before programming and testing all the boards. After that, it's just packing and shipping.

If Marshall is not ready to start a full-size production batch in Taiwan very soon after, I will try to convince him to do another batch in China and keep things moving.


This is awesome news! I'm absolutely stoked that we're so close, 250 units should have a lot of us on round seven covered. Thanks so much for updating us, Ichinisan.

Once we have shipping notification I imagine most of us are going to be over the freaking MOON.


In mid-June, I asked Marshall about 64drive HW2 (on behalf of a group-buy / Shmups member). He responded that he's prioritizing UltraHDMI HW2. He's feeling pressure to finish the UltraHDMI kits he has on-hand. I think he'll order 64drive HW2 production at the same time as the remaining UltraHDMI HW2 kits.

[edit] Gotta clarify: I haven't coordinated a 64drive group-buy. I think the 64drive purchase page was temporarily removed from RetroActive.be when Marshall realized it was going to take a while to finish it. [/edit]

Dizzny wrote:
If you look at the spread sheet, 250 will not even cover the first half of round seven, there are several people earlier in the list that have bought 20 and 30, even 100. Unless they do a 2nd round in china, its gonna be a while still for the majority of us


Yes. If Marshall isn't ready to start the full production in Taiwan soon after he finishes with these two smaller batches, I will try to convince him to do another batch with his typical PCBA service in China and keep things moving. He said the tariffs for making them in China are pretty brutal. I'm guessing he still won't want to do whole thing there, but perhaps he can do a bigger batch than the previous two.

pintarider wrote:
I dont mind not have my n64 so I might send mine early. Just to make sure though, you dont need any of the cables right just the system even without the expansion pack right?

Just the console ("control deck") is fine. If you remove the jumper / expansion pak, take care not to lose it. It would be sad if you can't find your pak when you get the N64 back from me! I do have spares I can test with.

I typically don't even remove the pak when I disassemble the system. I typically remove the 6 exterior screws and gently pull the two pieces of the shell apart, so the pak remains in its compartment.


Last edited by Ichinisan on Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:12 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 11 Jul 2020
Posts: 1
Just to put things in perspective. We would need 738 units to finish all the currently paid for units. (As of now)
_________________
Life is simple make decisions and don't look back.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:05 am 



Joined: 11 Jul 2020
Posts: 1
I just sent an email if space is still available on the group buy.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:43 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2018
Posts: 165
Location: Newnan, GA 30263 United States
trsteve87 wrote:
I just sent an email if space is still available on the group buy.

Thanks. Received / replied July 12. It takes a few days for your first post on Shmups to actually appear here :)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:35 pm 



Joined: 15 Mar 2020
Posts: 1
Ok, is it too late to change my mind on my LED???? What are all the choices lol. I went with regular red, but am thinking maybe there might need to be a diff. color for my new ultra n64.......Let me know if you would please good sir.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:49 pm 



Joined: 28 Aug 2014
Posts: 24
Sorry if this has been answered already. If one were to have the add on board wired for component video, is there a cable that exists to plug into the nintendo AV port that outputs component video? Or would you just use a RGB cable with one of the wires disconnected?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:07 pm 



Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 1859
Uzumaki wrote:
Sorry if this has been answered already. If one were to have the add on board wired for component video, is there a cable that exists to plug into the nintendo AV port that outputs component video? Or would you just use a RGB cable with one of the wires disconnected?

Assuming the module outputs YPbPr over the same pins as RGB, as the PS2/PS3 does, if you don't get a custom component cable made, you could use a regular SCART cable and pair it with a SCART to BNC adapter/cable with BNC to RCA adapters; then you just need to either directly connect the SCART to BNC adapter to your target device (if you get BNC adapters with male RCA) or use a male-to-male component cable (if you get BNC adapters with female RCA).


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:35 pm 



Joined: 28 Aug 2014
Posts: 24
nmalinoski wrote:
Uzumaki wrote:
Sorry if this has been answered already. If one were to have the add on board wired for component video, is there a cable that exists to plug into the nintendo AV port that outputs component video? Or would you just use a RGB cable with one of the wires disconnected?

Assuming the module outputs YPbPr over the same pins as RGB, as the PS2/PS3 does, if you don't get a custom component cable made, you could use a regular SCART cable and pair it with a SCART to BNC adapter/cable with BNC to RCA adapters; then you just need to either directly connect the SCART to BNC adapter to your target device (if you get BNC adapters with male RCA) or use a male-to-male component cable (if you get BNC adapters with female RCA).


Hmm, the cost of that sounds like the cost of just wiring it for RGB and using a HD Retrovision or RGC RGB to component cable, no?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:45 pm 



Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 1859
Uzumaki wrote:
nmalinoski wrote:
Uzumaki wrote:
Sorry if this has been answered already. If one were to have the add on board wired for component video, is there a cable that exists to plug into the nintendo AV port that outputs component video? Or would you just use a RGB cable with one of the wires disconnected?

Assuming the module outputs YPbPr over the same pins as RGB, as the PS2/PS3 does, if you don't get a custom component cable made, you could use a regular SCART cable and pair it with a SCART to BNC adapter/cable with BNC to RCA adapters; then you just need to either directly connect the SCART to BNC adapter to your target device (if you get BNC adapters with male RCA) or use a male-to-male component cable (if you get BNC adapters with female RCA).


Hmm, the cost of that sounds like the cost of just wiring it for RGB and using a HD Retrovision or RGC RGB to component cable, no?

I had forgotten about HD Retrovision's cables; yes, those would work fine. I imagine HW2's analog module sets RGB or YPbPr in software, so you shouldn't have to rewire anything; unless you mean using an RGB mod instead, in which case you'd be giving up HDMI output.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:26 pm 



Joined: 21 Jun 2020
Posts: 13
How’s Marshall making out with the kits he was working on in Mid-June?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:54 am 



Joined: 27 Jun 2020
Posts: 3
Hey Ichinisan!

I have sent a couple of emails, and I have sent many dollars into the aether directed your way. I just want to be sure everything is solid since the quantity ordered, which we had discussed may decrease by one, has done just that. There is a chance that it could go back up by one or even two, as super annoying as that is, but I wanted to get paid up for my kits and not have to worry about my less than fiscally responsible friends and acquaintances dragging their feet until I missed the cutoff myself.

Anyway, I've made the mistake of beginning to think about how I want to handle the ultraHDMI board in my solid 6061/like aluminum billet N64 build. I will be liquid cooling with 2x 120mm radiators and the waterblocks will be custom machined as well. My biggest hurdle is the interface between aluminum and copper that is going to be pretty rampant and will require a nice, neat, and tidy solution. I am thinking machined acrylic/poly-carbonate/lexan depending on how many samples I can amiably coerce from some of the reps from vendors around the shop. I'm so excited to get it going, while at the same time maximizing the graphical and audio acuities.
fff
James, when you get a moment, could you pop me off an email? I know you're busy and don't need to reply to my wall of text emails right away, but I want to be sure payment was made correctly and I can breathe again knowing when they get here, I'll be getting my sets.

Thanks!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group