Does Framemeister XRGB-mini Support TTL?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
erik343

Does Framemeister XRGB-mini Support TTL?

Post by erik343 »

Does the Framemeister XRGB-mini support a direct TTL sync signal? Will that instead damage my unit?
Right now, I am doing 75 ohm sync on my NES and N64 that are both RGB modded.
My SNES uses TTL, but it goes through a 330 ohm resistor to make it into the correct 75 ohm voltage.

I just am curious...
Thanks.

Erik W.
Fudoh

Re: Does Framemeister XRGB-mini Support TTL?

Post by Fudoh »

A year or two into the FM's market release Micomsoft changed this in the specs somewhere. Probably too many defects caused by TTL level sync. In other words: it works, but might cause some long term damage.
erik343

Post by erik343 »

Thanks for the information.

I just wanted to know if it would damage my super expensive Framemeister XRGB-mini!
To avoid that, I am going to label all of my cables for which consoles they work with...
makar1

Post by makar1 »

erik343 wrote:Thanks for the information.

I just wanted to know if it would damage my super expensive Framemeister XRGB-mini!
To avoid that, I am going to label all of my cables for which consoles they work with...
Or you could just use TTL level CSYNC from all your consoles, and always use cables with in-line resistors. This would allow you to use both RGB modded consoles and native RGB consoles safely with the same cables.

My AV Famicom, SNES, and N64 all output TTL level CSYNC to pin 3 of the Nintendo AV out.