I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Stevens

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by Stevens »

Thanks! I hadn't played shooters in like a year and I think it helped me get over my case of restart syndrome. I think I enjoy these games more when I just play them instead of worrying how to play them perfectly. I've still been messing with it and although I haven't cleared it again just yet I've had another handful of near misses.

Damn dude. GV is a test of patience. Congrats!
My lord, I have come for you.
Flobeamer1922

Post by Flobeamer1922 »

I cleared two loops of Tatsujin today! It was fun coming back to this one to get the 2-ALL!
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

1CC'd Star Soldier on the PS2 on Normal Mode!
Flobeamer1922

Post by Flobeamer1922 »

This week, I got a 1-ALL of both Hishouzame and the 2-player version of Same! Same! Same!.
Sturmvogel Prime

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

Triggerheart Exelica XBLA = No Miss, No Bomb with Crueltear on Normal (Auto-Anchor) and 644,476,995 points.
I'm currently leading the Leaderboards in Normal difficulty.
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Holy shit, that's nuts. Well done!

What's your opinion on playing the game without auto swing enabled? I realize auto swing's probably considered arcade authentic... but the manual swinging feels way too fiddly to control compared to the auto swing for my tastes, and it's a lot more fun with it set to automatic IMO.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Nice job on the clear Sturmvogel! Especially a NMNB. For a while I've considered playing this on the dreamcast - is it comparable enough as a play experience (preferably with auto-anchor), or are the other ports considered richer?

it's definitely easier for me to burn a DC copy. :mrgreen:
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

I've played all three versions on the authentic hardware at various points.

I recommend the XBLA arcade version as it looks the best and is very inexpensive. IMO, the PS2 version's extra's aren't worth the visual drop.

However, the PS2 version plays very well in the PCSX2 emulator and also works with save states for efficient practice.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Working my way through the Megadrive Mini, and moved on to MUSHA/Aleste after finishing Thunderforce III last week. MUSHA is a strange one, in that it seems super easy (and it arguably is) but it's fairly stingy with lives for a Compile game. It's super easy to mess up a good run with one bad moment, and I had to replay it a good number of times before finally getting the 1CC.

Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

1 CC'd CCWI Novice Original. Type III. On my first try I made it to Ex 2. Cleared it two credits later.

Blind clear of novice boost followed right after.
My lord, I have come for you.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Wow, Thunderforce AC is somehow even easier than III is on console. I went into it having just finished III not too long ago, so I had the basics pretty locked-down, but I did not expect to get a No-Miss run. Even with that, it puts me in 122nd place on the Freestyle Ranking boards. Not sure what more I could have done, but the top guy has about 900k on me so I definitely missed something.

pegboy

Post by pegboy »

Jonpachi wrote:Wow, Thunderforce AC is somehow even easier than III is on console. I went into it having just finished III not too long ago, so I had the basics pretty locked-down, but I did not expect to get a No-Miss run. Even with that, it puts me in 122nd place on the Freestyle Ranking boards. Not sure what more I could have done, but the top guy has about 900k on me so I definitely missed something.

What version are you playing? There is no way a 2.9 million score is possible in the arcade version. I'm guessing it's a port of the saturn version, where you can farm points forever and it basically shits all over the arcade version in accuracy.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

I was playing the "New" version, though I don't know exactly what that means. In the Switch version's settings, you can toggle between original and new, but it doesn't explain what differences exist. I didn't do any farming for points though. It was just a straight run through the game.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Jonpachi wrote:Wow, Thunderforce AC is somehow even easier than III is on console. I went into it having just finished III not too long ago, so I had the basics pretty locked-down, but I did not expect to get a No-Miss run. Even with that, it puts me in 122nd place on the Freestyle Ranking boards. Not sure what more I could have done, but the top guy has about 900k on me so I definitely missed something.

Nice! Yeah, AC takes out the hardest level (the memorizer cave level) so its quite a bit easier. I also finished III before attempting AC and I remember doing the last few levels on a blind run. I think it only took me like 2-3 attempts for the 1CC, though knowledge from III definitely helps in that regard.
pegboy

Post by pegboy »

See if you can farm points against the stage 4 boss. In the saturn version, you can farm points on the missiles, but it doesn't work on either the Japanese or World versions of the arcade PCB and gives you no extra points.

The points you get for killing certain enemies are also different on the Saturn version. I have no idea why they made idiotic changes like this to the Saturn version. I wonder if that is what the switch port is using.
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

Woooowww. My first Ketsui 1cc. And only took two attempts.

My first attempt yday I got to the final boss, and today I thought I might as well try again. I had been practicing so much of this game in the arcade challenge mode.

The score might not be amazing. But I honestly never thought I'd ever 1cc this game. I only played it on the side of other things. Mostly SFV recently.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Nicely done! Surviving stage 5 of Ketsui is no joke. How many lives did you have going into st5?
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Congrats. This game always troll me everytime
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

EmperorIng wrote:Nicely done! Surviving stage 5 of Ketsui is no joke. How many lives did you have going into st5?
Just rewatched the replay of my clear. I'm surprised, but I actually didn't go into stage 5 with many lives. I entered the stage with 3 lives, got one extend and one death, until I reach evac. I beat Evac on my last man, with no bombs left. I know I should have been very anxious when I lost all my lives, but I guess I practiced the stage 5 boss enough to feel somewhat chill. Even though I made a ton of silly mistakes.
copy-paster wrote:Congrats. This game always troll me everytime
Thanks my dude
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

I cleared Gradius IV after so long! Those who recognize me on Discord might knew my struggle and log for this game for almost everyday. Played using Dualshock 2's analog stick, and PS2 port support analog movement too.
heatimusZ4

Post by heatimusZ4 »

copy-paster wrote:Image

I cleared Gradius IV after so long! Those who recognize me on Discord might knew my struggle and log for this game for almost everyday. Played using Dualshock 2's analog stick, and PS2 port support analog movement too.
Congratz and GGWP, mate.
funny how I saw this after posting in a gradius IV thread forum in here right afterward.
Lordin' with the L.B !
----
heatimusZ4

Post by heatimusZ4 »

*post message deleted*
have a nice day.
Last edited by heatimusZ4 on Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lordin' with the L.B !
----
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Don't think I have a patience to do such challenge, although I did clear that game with 2 options and no forcefield.
BIL

Post by BIL »

copy-paster wrote:I cleared Gradius IV after so long! Those who recognize me on Discord might knew my struggle and log for this game for almost everyday. Played using Dualshock 2's analog stick, and PS2 port support analog movement too.
Congrats bud. :smile: Interested to hear you used the analogue - although it's nowhere as tough as Gradius IV, I ended up doing the same with Gradius V. Dualshock dpad is an odd beast, I guess.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Finally put Thunderforce V (playstation) to bed. The final boss kept getting me at the zero hour, but on this game I rolled into it with 7 lives and a 2HP shield still intact. Someone at Tecnosoft sure loved Evangelion.

Ice Beam

Post by Ice Beam »

1cc Deathsmiles normal mode (Steam) with Rosa.
Playing before, I had chosen rank 1 for the stages. This time, I chose rank 2 for the stages, with the volcano getting rank 3. This gave me enough points that I eventually received two extends to my life meter, which I needed because I haven't quite mastered pushing Tyrannosatan's shitty boxes out of the way. I always get hit multiple times.
Now I plan to visit the gorge with Rosa, and play with the other characters.
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

BIL wrote: Congrats bud. :smile: Interested to hear you used the analogue - although it's nowhere as tough as Gradius IV, I ended up doing the same with Gradius V. Dualshock dpad is an odd beast, I guess.
I tried using dpad at first, barely playable haha. Right now my left analog stick is little bit odd somehow, since this DS2 pad is the only pad with analog very good for shmupping, but still usable for shmupping action.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Nabbed a 1CC on The Adventures of Ten and Till last Wednesday. Not too difficult, but even with the tiniest hitbox known to man, it still gets pretty crazy at the end. Fun game, will definitely be going back to it. Would like to qualify the TFB/TLB next time.
Jonpachi wrote:Finally put Thunderforce V (playstation) to bed. The final boss kept getting me at the zero hour, but on this game I rolled into it with 7 lives and a 2HP shield still intact. Someone at Tecnosoft sure loved Evangelion.
There must be something in the air, because I picked up TFV again last week and managed my first 1CC (actually, two 1LCs back to back) after about two decades of barely playing it. After a couple hours of practice, I remembered why I liked this game so much back in the late '90s.

Fired up the Saturn version the next day just because and got a quick 1CC on that too (though I died twice). Interestingly, the weak spot on the final boss is different in the Saturn one (you have to hit his body, whereas in the PS1 version you can just attack the head).
Flobeamer1922

Post by Flobeamer1922 »

I scored over 10 million points on Flame Zapper Kotsujin!
miwa

Post by miwa »

Just got the B-Strong Omote 2-ALL in DoDonPachi Resurrection Ver1.5 on Steam!

I was forced to learn a little bit of scoring to get the second extend. :lol:
To my surprise I enjoyed playing for score a lot more than I had previously thought (so far I had only played shmups for survival)
Will definitely be coming back to this one but for now my wrist needs a break :|

If you are looking for:
- insultingly lucky dodges
- rediculous hits
- a really low score
- all presented to you in glorious 720p? You need to worry no more, I got you covered:
https://youtu.be/YkSSJdvZ7ro

Last edited by miwa on Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.