I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
copy-paster

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by copy-paster »

I remember playing Lords of Thunder for a short time and turned it off because the loud SFX made my ears bleed. Same goes for Sapphire too which is sad. Good job for a clear btw.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

copy-paster wrote:I remember playing Lords of Thunder for a short time and turned it off because the loud SFX made my ears bleed. Same goes for Sapphire too which is sad. Good job for a clear btw.
I actually really enjoy the cheesy butt-rock soundtrack, plus it was a CD game. Gotta show off this crazy future tech by turning it up to 11!
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

In honor and celebration for the (very late) 35th anniversary of Gradius series. I cleared every version of Gradius II (Arcade, PC Engine, X68K, NES, PS1 Deluxe Pack port) aggresively with one credit, this took me a day. Large image warning
Spoiler

To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Jonpachi wrote:1CC of Lords of Thunder on the TG16 mini. Super frustrating there's no way to see your final score unless you ninja in a screenshot before the final boss dies.

I think we can say that early reports of this game being "unplayable" are nonsense. I did it with the wireless 8BitDo controller too, which would presumably introduce a little bit more lag on top of the base emulation lag.

This brings my TG16 mini 1CC list to 5: Blazing Lazers, Spriggan, Soldier Blade, Star Parodier, Lords of Thunder.

Nice! Those are all quality titles. Which one did you like the most out of those five?
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Soldier Blade would be my top pick, though the variety of options and open-ended level progression of Lords of Thunder put it in a close second. Spriggan gets the nostalgia vote for reminding me of MUSHA 0.0.1, but it’s too broken and exploitable to take seriously.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

I got my first R-Type 1CCs in baby ( https://youtu.be/baSTdhpBKiQ ) and kids ( https://youtu.be/3efBKclKFKk ) difficulty with the RX-10 Albatross. And because of course nothing below normal/human really counts I got this 1CC one or two weeks later: https://youtu.be/gaAf5-nFp-o :D
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Congrats for R-Type Final 1CCs!

I almost close to clear this game with custom ship (Leo Force DX and Giga Wave Cannon) before I start to forgot enemy patterns at final stage. Game is mostly snoozefest and empty, but the last three main stages are comparable with Delta's best.
To Far Away Times

Congrats on the clear!

I feel like R-Type Final was pretty close to hitting the mark. The latter stages are definately better than the early ones, with my favorite being the one where you fight the iconic boss from R-Type 1 in the tank.

They had a lot of good ideas and I think the ship collection aspect was really cool, sorta turning the game into a space ship Gran Turismo. I like the branching level design too. And there are lots of cool secrets, like that one stage that only one ship can enter.

There were two things that killed it for me. The music (easily the worst in the series) and the level design. Neither feels quite right.

And coming off the superb R-Type Delta, Final is a bit disappointing. Still a decent game though.
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

1-ALL of my fav shmup DOJBL! Extend is non-default (7mil and 18mil) but fuck the "always default setting" rule anyway. IIRC my Metal Black ALL was non default with extend change but other than that my clears are default setting.
To Far Away Times

I beat Super Star Soldier today.

This game, I swear... it looks easy until it isn't. I sunk way too much time into this game and the slightest mistake would sink a run. The back half of the game is rough. I think I just powered through this one on sheer frustration.

Its weird since the audio/video component is quite good (usually an indicator that things will be good elsewhere), but there are some issues like the final boss being impossible of you lose your powerups. I definately wouldn't put this up there with the best of the PC Engine games. It certainly is one of the hardest though. Probably the hardest "compile-esqe" game I've beaten.
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Farthest I got on Super Star Soldier is after cystal stage iirc, too many enemies coming from behind, also the checkpoints here are seemingly impossible to recover.
To Far Away Times

Yeah, stage 6 is where the real bullshit starts. The game needs a new stage 6 and 8. Getting hit from an enemy spawning from the bottom of the screen is never going to be fun. The game is about knowing the right weapons to have and holding on to them, sometimes for long stretches. Honestly, this game has got me thinking about why I play shmups and if its worth it to push through on flawed games. I pretty much pushed through since I was fairly close but I'm not sure I was having fun. I haven't had that feeling before.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Congrats! I've been going through all the shmups on the TG16 mini, and Super Star Soldier is on my "later, like, waaay later" list to even attempt a 1CC.
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

I suggest to add Salamander on your TG16 play list. This game fixes everything wrong in original arcade game (sharp collision detection, extend system, beatable 4th boss, less bullshit last two stages) in result of port that really blows the original. However this port add checkpoint as trade-off, but trust me, every checkpoints are 100% recoverable even on tightest spot/expert mode.
Mero

Post by Mero »

copy-paster wrote:I suggest to add Salamander on your TG16 play list. This game fixes everything wrong in original arcade game (sharp collision detection, extend system, beatable 4th boss, less bullshit last two stages) in result of port that really blows the original. However this port add checkpoint as trade-off, but trust me, every checkpoints are 100% recoverable even on tightest spot/expert mode.
I tried a credit of that and I died on the stage 2 boss, that specific part seemed tough compared to the arcade version (less room to move).
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

That's a good thing though. Tetran dies in a seconds in original arcade. Tetran is nasty on Expert mode but possible to no-miss.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

copy-paster wrote:Congrats for R-Type Final 1CCs!

I almost close to clear this game with custom ship (Leo Force DX and Giga Wave Cannon) before I start to forgot enemy patterns at final stage. Game is mostly snoozefest and empty, but the last three main stages are comparable with Delta's best.
I think the best are the five Level 2's and 6 which are the ones with the most stage boundaries. (Level 3 would feel even better if it would run two times faster). I dont think 5 and FA are that strong but shurely ok. 4 is a bit too simple too. But really, 6 is soo awesome. Could get in the top 3 of R-Type stages.
To Far Away Times wrote:They had a lot of good ideas and I think the ship collection aspect was really cool, sorta turning the game into a space ship Gran Turismo. I like the branching level design too. And there are lots of cool secrets, like that one stage that only one ship can enter.

There were two things that killed it for me. The music (easily the worst in the series) and the level design. Neither feels quite right.
There is really so much to see in this game. Sadly playing it over so much hours the most empty stages 1 and 3 feel so tiring...
I dondt know about the music. I think it woks well for the game and its mood but some are just too bland.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Haven't played through Thunderforce III in about 20 years, so I dug into it on the Megadrive mini. I had forgotten my route, so it took me a day or two to pull off the 1CC, but once you get rolling with a shield and full weapons it's a pretty easy game. I still prefer this one over IV, even though IV is one of the best-looking games on the system.

PurpleTheGuy

Post by PurpleTheGuy »

Hello once again, everyone! :)

As of a couple hours ago today, I got my 1st ever No Miss, 1 Bomb 2-ALL of Gunbird 2! :D I even managed to beat Zil's best Gunbird 2 score, which was, incidentally, 3,770,500! :) I am now the new overall community record holder for Gunbird 2 here! :mrgreen:

I played as Tavia for this one, in-case anyone was curious about that.
I'm Purple (or VioletHatPurple), the man who'll become King of the Doujin Players! Yes, I am a Touhou/Doujin Game Player!

YouTube Channel | Twitter Account | Scores/1cc List on Restart Syndrome
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Nice job purple, congrats on taking the community record!
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Very nice work Purple! I have put serious time into Gunbird 2 but haven't been able to get the 1CC. Really impressive run!
PurpleTheGuy

Post by PurpleTheGuy »

ACSeraph wrote:Nice job purple, congrats on taking the community record!
Jonpachi wrote:Very nice work Purple! Really impressive run!
Thank you, ACSeraph and Jonpachi! :D It was quite the ride for me in Gunbird 2, let's just say, but it's lead up to this moment. :)
Jonpachi wrote:I have put serious time into Gunbird 2 but haven't been able to get the 1CC.
I see. Hmm, which parts specifically in Gunbird 2 might you be struggling at, if you don't mind me asking, of course? I can give you some tips that I think could probably help you out in Gunbird 2, if you like me to. :)

I'd say, for starters, speaking in a general sense, the way I do the 1st loop in my latest Gunbird 2 video (The NM1B one) is a good one to watch and use as a reference, since I do everything in the 1st loop as easy as possible without using bombs at all (I No Miss, No Bomb the 1st loop in my latest Gunbird 2 video).
I'm Purple (or VioletHatPurple), the man who'll become King of the Doujin Players! Yes, I am a Touhou/Doujin Game Player!

YouTube Channel | Twitter Account | Scores/1cc List on Restart Syndrome
Wes112

Post by Wes112 »

I haven't made a post on here in ages but I started to get back into shmups a few months ago and managed to finally 1cc Gradius III Arcade a few weeks ago. This was the final game in the series I needed to clear and is the one shmup accomplishment I am most proud of. I had a horrible choke in the last level the day before this run and was extremely nervous once I got past the boss rush.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJDpgyWy_Gw
Last edited by Wes112 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
To Far Away Times

Some very challenging clears here. Good job everyone.
Bawa

Post by Bawa »

GAWDS! Finally!!! Another small achievement in the grand scheme of things but a HUGE personal win for me. I was visibly shaking when facing the last phase of the last boss.

Got my 1cc on Mushi Maniac 1.0!! I can finally move on to another game!!!

I remember that when I started playing shmups a few months ago I thought to myself that I'd never, ever, be able to get this. Guess these 40~50hrs on it really paid off.
I suck at these games but I do enjoy them.
Platforms: PC / NSwitch
Amlux

Post by Amlux »

1-ALL of Donpachi to 2-2. My first arcade 1cc outside of Armed Police Batrider Normal course. A bad score, but a huge weight off my shoulder.
Spoiler
Maybe someday I'll try the second loop or different ships but I'm very pleased with this for now.
1cc List / Twitch
Whatever is the own-nature of the tathāgata, that is the own-nature of this world.
The tathāgata has no own-nature. This world has no own-nature.

-Nāgārjuna, Mūlamadhyamakakārikā 22:16
wiNteR

Post by wiNteR »

I got a credit clear on Air Buster (genesis version) on hardest difficulty (otherwise all defaults).
Lives Lost (2):
first --- Beginning of stage-5 (turret section)
second --- On stage-5 (right after the turret section end)
Cold-blooded Geese

Post by Cold-blooded Geese »

-
Last edited by Cold-blooded Geese on Sat May 15, 2021 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Hey I finally got my Zero Ranger 1 CC. Remnant of an Era indeed.
My lord, I have come for you.
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Congrats for the clear! I want to like this game but stage 2 is become a total rigid memo.

Also BIG NEWS! I DID IT! I BEAT SCORE ATTACK MODE OF GRADIUS V AND THUS MY 1CC OF THIS TOUGH GAME!
Spoiler
Using weapon edit mode via score attack, though I was done for reaching stage 7 with 0 lives but somehow miracles happen. :o