what do you guys think of Strikers 1945 Plus??? (NEO*GEO)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
AZA

what do you guys think of Strikers 1945 Plus??? (NEO*GEO)

Post by AZA »

I don't often hear many people talk about this MVS shooter. I'm a massive Psikyo fanboy.. I've played the Sega Saturn version and i definitely am a fan. I see the MVS version has a bit of a weird screen layout, with bars on left and right hand side. Does this diminish the game's appeal at all? Just wondering what people here think of it. It seems like it would be a somewhat affordable addition to my Psikyo and Video System arcade hardware collection (as I pretty much exclusively buy Psikyo and Video System stuff)

i wouldnt be surprised if some people considered the neo geo version to be crippled in comparison to the tate mode games, but i dont know , i think it looks alright.

opinions?
endali

Re: what do you guys think of Strikers 1945 Plus??? (NEO*GEO

Post by endali »

if you are enjoying the game and having fun, does it really matter what anyone else thinks?

I have the switch port. it's strikers 1945. I like it. If you like strikers 1945, you'll probably like it. it's most definitely not "crippled".

the bars on the left and right are something you pretty much deal with if you play shmups. there are countless awesome games that have this. there is no one size fits all screens aspect ratio.
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

I got to play it on real hardware in the wild once or twice. I remember being impressed with the explosion graphics (I think those might be lifted from Strikers 1999/Dragon Blaze).
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I have it on MVS.

I prefer the original 3:4 ratio of the original games.
The rank goes up to absolutely stupid levels on the default settings. As a tester I put the settings down to REALLY EASY. The rank still went through the roof it just took longer.

I don't envisage a normal player can beat this game on one life.

Graphically and sonically its a really nice addition to the franchise. Its one of my favourite franchises. But for me Strikers 1945 part 2 is where the real deal is.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Neorebel

Post by Neorebel »

I agree it is a difficult game but it's definitely an enjoyable experience casually. The MVS does not have many vertically scrolling shooters, this is the one I consider my favorite
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

I generally like it and think it plays fine. But a few of the default settings (outside Japan region?) are a bit eyebrow raising. Default C button off? I don't care what anyone says, I have to turn that on. Default only 2 lives? I guess if people insist ...
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
Arcatech

Post by Arcatech »

Ya, I always go into the dip switches and change it back to default 3 lives on this title. Was the 2 lives default just to recoup losses on mvs game stockpiles or something. :?