Tate Monitor Anecdote

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
m.sniffles.esq

Tate Monitor Anecdote

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Didn't know where to put this, seemed a little 'slight' for the hardware forum. Anyway...

My portrait Dell monitor that was hooked up to my Dreamcast (for tate) was heading to the boneyard (it was getting progressively darker almost daily). I decided to get myself a newfangled 23" HP EliteDisplay (because I'm elite) that looks beautiful and swivels to portrait.

Except...

It swivels the wrong direction.
So, I have to play standing on my head...
Why me?

That said, it pops on and off of it's stand pretty easily. So worse comes to worse, I guess I could hang it on the wall.
But, I wanted the ease of the cool swivel...
Fudoh

Re: Tate Monitor Anecdote

Post by Fudoh »

Take a look at the connection between the stand and the actual monitor. You might able to remove the stand, ROTATE the connector and put it back on again. Possibly with a little bit of modding, but usually it can be done and it will change the direction your display rotates in.

Dell monitors (since 2014) - by the way - rotate both ways.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Dell monitors (since 2014) - by the way - rotate both ways.
Should have stuck with Dell. Serves me right for trying to be elite...

I tried seeing if the screen could be mounted upside-down. No dice. I did get the monitor for pretty cheap, so if I have to get a swing arm, it's not the end of the world (I think it has the standard VESA mount).
davyK

Post by davyK »

I just got a swing arm with a rotatable head for less than £40 off Amazon. Rotates both ways. Uses the standard vesa mount - even flat TVs use that now.

It can be clamped onto the side of the table or use a drilled hole for "through-table" mounting. It even has a cable management system. Really solid build quality and takes up to 27" screens.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

I ended up grabbing a pretty simular swing arm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PM ... UTF8&psc=1

It arrives tomorrow. And all I gotta say is it better swing both ways like a male prostitute or I'm gonna hulk out.

I'm going to chalk this whole thing up to 'lesson learned--stick with Dell from now on' It's just that the HP was the same price and rated a full star higher in the user reviews (obviously none of those users were Dreamcast owners...)