Data East's Locked 'n Loaded

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
xxx1993

Data East's Locked 'n Loaded

Post by xxx1993 »

Anyone heard of or played that game? It's a light gun game that plays similar to Lethal Enforcers. I've been trying to look for videos of the game but to no luck. To make matters worse, it's currently not emulated properly on MAME.
NTSC-J

Re: Data East's Locked 'n Loaded

Post by NTSC-J »

xxx1993 wrote:I've been trying to look for videos of the game but to no luck.
I found this video by typing "Locked 'n Loaded" into a website called youtube (http://www.youtube.com).

Game looks like trash. Data East, though!
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

NTSC-J wrote:
xxx1993 wrote:I've been trying to look for videos of the game but to no luck.
I found this video by typing "Locked 'n Loaded" into a website called youtube (http://www.youtube.com).

Game looks like trash. Data East, though!
What kind of sorcery is that. :roll:
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Not to be confused with Namco's Lucky & Wild.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Unfortunately, said video doesn't show the whole game and only shows how badly emulated the game is on MAME. The guys behind MAME can do better than that, honestly.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Makes me wish I had a company where I could force my unpaid interns into retarded costumes and have their stills digitized into an awful lightgun game.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I would imagine Lucky & Wild being a bear to configure in MAME, but the cabinet is a sight to behold. Not too often a game has both light gun and driving elements.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

At least Lucky & Wild is playable on MAME... But I really hope the MAME devs gets their act together with Locked 'n Loaded already.
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Under Fire from Taito is similar, but sorta better IMO. It's got some good Zuntata BGM (a bit similar to Yack's style, but not him IIRC... I think it's actually Karu who did BGM) and was directed by Naomitsu Abe. Taito were trying to make their own Lethal Enforcers but actually beat it in many ways. Your default gun is a 3-shot burst assault rifle instead of a pistol.

Not unlike Razing Storm, there are some hidden objects to find by trashing background items. There's even some scenes with nice sprite scaling as well.

"Full machine gun power! Fire! Fire! Fire!" "You've got the shotgun, FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!" FTW. I like the voice acting. I know it's cheesy but actually so to the point of being awesome, especially "Whaddaya think'a that?", and "You just won't take no for an answer, will'ya?".

If this comes to PS4 in the Arcade Archives series and with Move or PSVR Aim support, I'm buying. Note to Hamster: Take my money please.
Last edited by gameoverDude on Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I still prefer Lethal Enforcers. As much as I enjoy Under Fire the enemies' taunts are much more annoying than in Lethal Enforcers.
OdiousTrident

Post by OdiousTrident »

I personally think Locked n' Loaded is more fun than Lethal Enforcers due to multi stage boss fights that can be pretty exciting. The stage 2 boss is 3 guys in the cockpit of a plane with varied attacks.. things only get more hectic with Under Fire's crazy final boss when it comes to digitized light gun shooters.

The taunts are very repetitive in Locked n' Loaded as well.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Dammit, the way you describe these boss battles in Locked 'n Loaded makes me really wanna play this game. I just wish the MAME devs would get off their lazy asses and break the encryption on the game already, like they did with Raiden II and DX. Or at least upload an entire playthrough of the game on YouTube or something.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Why not contact them directly, assuming you haven't? Whether they get to work on your game of choice, or tell you to fuck off, it will surely be more productive than just bitching to us in here. :cool:
Battlesmurf

Post by Battlesmurf »

BIL wrote:Why not contact them directly, assuming you haven't? Whether they get to work on your game of choice, or tell you to fuck off, it will surely be more productive than just bitching to us in here. :cool:
I dunno. I'm generally a quiet lurker kind of guy. I see someone saying that he wants to tell some of the devs to get off their lazy asses and I kinda want to tell *him* to fuck off.

It's not productive though, I'll put it up to not knowing any better- so what I will say is:

Patience. It'll all come in due time. These cats put in loads of work- for free most of the time- they can take as long as they want. I'm just glad someone is putting forward the effort and doing things most of us are unwilling or unable to do.

Also- I vaguely remember this game. I do love some Data East jank for sure though haha. Haven't ever messed with Under Fire- looks great though. I miss light gun games like this.
My trade/wanted list
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1135521

Twitch.tv/RedHotHero
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Where exactly do I contact the MAME devs about this?
BIL

Post by BIL »

Amazingly enough, the very first google result for "mame" is http://mamedev.org/ where you will find an assortment of official support channels. This one looks promising! An industrious chap like yourself will surely be able to make a go of things from there.

Last edited by BIL on Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomwhite2004

Post by tomwhite2004 »

xxx1993 wrote:Where exactly do I contact the MAME devs about this?
Lots of the mame devs frequent https://www.reddit.com/r/MAME/

Im sure they will be VERY receptive to your points of view on what they should be doing.
Mortificator

Post by Mortificator »

BrianC wrote:I would imagine Lucky & Wild being a bear to configure in MAME, but the cabinet is a sight to behold. Not too often a game has both light gun and driving elements.
I had a lot of fun with it in the arcade. MAME didn't emulate all the voice samples, last I checked, so the characters often make goldfish faces while no sound comes out.
RegalSin wrote:You can't even drive across the country Naked anymore
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

Haha BIL I hope you send that :D
Should have add that they need to fix CAVE SH3 emulation also. Why should I pay for ports when I can use MAME.
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Mortificator wrote:
BrianC wrote:I would imagine Lucky & Wild being a bear to configure in MAME, but the cabinet is a sight to behold. Not too often a game has both light gun and driving elements.
I had a lot of fun with it in the arcade. MAME didn't emulate all the voice samples, last I checked, so the characters often make goldfish faces while no sound comes out.
Namco should do another Museum series on PS4, even if it's only a PSN release. Plugging 2 Aim/Move controllers and a steering wheel in should work fine. If they make this and Steel Gunner 1/2 for PS4, I'm in. Show me this Namco, and I'll show you the money. M2 or Hamster would be good to work with here.

If I were to pick the lineup for a first PS4 volume it'd be L&W, SG 1 & 2, Dragon Saber, Rolling Thunder 1 & 2, Assault (on PS1, but I'd buy this again), and Pac-Mania (ditto). There are so many good System 2 titles that deserve respect.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Oh yeah, Steel Gunner made some very good Operation Wolf clones.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

So, any word on uploading an entire playthrough of the game?
BIL

Post by BIL »

Seems not. Any word from the MAME devs?
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I haven't checked.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGyuBY_V2H8

Little late, but this is probably the only good video of the game I could find. It's too bad the gun doesn't work for some reason. This game looks really fun to play.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn_5iVf ... e=youtu.be

It took a while, but somebody finally uploaded a full playthrough of the game!
CIT

Post by CIT »

OK, great, thanks. But what's the update from the Mamedevs you surely wrote to by now?
BIL

Post by BIL »

What a pleasant surprise seeing this thread again :lol:
Austin

Post by Austin »

Total rip-off of Lethal Enforcers, right down to the music style.

Looks fun. I'd play it. :lol:
guigui

Post by guigui »

Reading this epic fredz just rose a very noobish, but very serious, question in my mind : do MAME devs have to work on each game to emulate it correctly ?
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.