Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
emphatic

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by emphatic »

Funny thing with these threatening e-mails, they always end up in your spam folder. So if they did have any videos of you, sending those out to your employer or friends would also end up in their spam folders.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
drauch

Post by drauch »

Speaking of spammy COVID emails, I've been getting a lot of poorly written ones from "paypal" lately. "Dear sir due to COVID-19 the paypal family need you sign in when now. CLICK LINK TO SIGN IN".

I think I'm up to three right now. Bring on some more!
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

No Drauch watch out, it's a trap!!
D=
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
BIL

Post by BIL »

I fear the thread has gotten too nice, Burinju. Image This is Little Annoyed Hell, a garbage incinerator of long-held repute! You should be exhorting drauch-sama to hire some mercs and seek out the Prince of Nigeria and his fathomless riches, so he can DDT that scamming fucker onto a steel chair before making off with the cash! Image

A Wakaliwood dramatisation:
Spoiler
Stardate: My Big Frickin Dong. Fatty McFatFat Carl of Swindon (self-dubbed "Sargon of Akkad") little annoys me. He can speak articulately on issues his government cowers away from, like England's infamous child rape gangs (obfuscated by the press as "Asian" or "Muslim" with no regard for said demographics, despite being consistently traceable to rural corners of Pakistan - like calling Yardie gangsters "West Indians"). He's also an arrogant buffoon who jovially mooted raping a female rival while running for office, weathering the public's revulsion with the grace of a man shitting violently after just a wee dram of polonium. This nous then saw him pick a nonsensical fight with beloved internet roadrunner Jimmy "IRA in USA" Metokur, who obligingly savaged Carlton's anus and integrity alike, the portly coyote fruitlessly pulling every trick in his much-decried SJW Playbook™.

Good job, Carl. The public think you're irredeemable scum. A chunk of your erstwhile online base considers you a faithless cunt. And children forsaken by their country, who could benefit from your work, may instead be even more SOL with your antics attached to their plight. This must be high-level strategy, just like Daddy Trump.

On balance, the effect is like the village idiot having the only flashlight during a blackout caused by willfully incompetent public works. I am a detached observer of all this, at most, but pathos tends to sneak up on me, like when I see a not-untalented speaker, willing to discuss politically unpalatable issues, afflicted by an uncontrollable urge to publically shit his pants.
ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

I'm mad that THE QUEEN OF BATTLERS II does not have an attract mode. How could the devs be this careless? ;)
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Randorama wrote:A quick bite:

Spammer: "I have your password. I took control of your cam, and recorded what you have done...while visiting those sites".

Me: "Oh, good. Anyway I uploaded...it on Sexagainstnature.com, section "Too sick 2 exist". I am always sure that I make my kinks known to the connoiseurs!".

I admit that my rants on various games have been put on hold. I promise that I will spam the relevant topics in due time.
Yeah I've gotten a bunch of those lately.
My lord, I have come for you.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

The motorcycle segment and Afterburner/Space Harrier segments in Bayonetta are truly awful. Not only do have to button mash to fire at high speeds all throughout them, but the camera is awful in them. An embarrassment to Sega, who having made Outrun 2/2SP should know better how to position a camera in a racing game.

The motorcycle segment has the camera positioned behind the rather tall Bayonetta, in such a way that it's actually hard to see what's directly in front of you, instead of moving the camera up a bit to avoid this issue.

The Afterburner/Space Harrier style segment is even worse. The player ship is absolutely gargantuan in size making it basically impossible to accurately see anything directly in front. You pretty much have to get a "feel" for the stage, and if you dodge the entire screen rotates suddenly. It's not the end of the world for me but it will absolutely mess up anyone prone to motion sickness (thankfully with good mashing or a rapid fire controller, you don't really need to use the dodge).
CyberAngel

Post by CyberAngel »

Ugh, are all mobile OSes so user-unfriendly, or is it just that Android is the worst of them?
orange808

Post by orange808 »

I absolutely love the flavor of the schadenfreude.

Android is a terrible and bloated mess, isn't it?

It's also the 24/7 spy you never ever asked for. Want to turn that off? You'll have to cripple the OS in the process.

Open source with optional blobs, you say? lmao! (You're kidding, right?) The tradeoffs make the OS practically unusable. You'd be better off just building directly on top of Linux.

Want patches and updates? Buy a new device! :)

Project Treble is pure lip service and vaporware.

Although, Android never was great mobile OS when it was simple. Like the Hiptop platform before it, it arrived full of memory leaks that crashed an "always on" device once every 10-14 days. It also trapped devs behind a silly fork of Java. That wasn't good enough to release in the first place.
We apologise for the inconvenience
BIL

Post by BIL »

Wait all day 2 HARD GAYME but -

2 sleepy 2 perform 3; Dying to shit u cant see, brain sayin time 2 pack it in 3;

Fuck that! I WANT MORE LIFE FUCKER

See you in hell, gentlemen! I mean good night! Image

FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

^^^^^^^^^^^^
that was amazing, lol

*slow clap* then *standing O*

My friend, have you tried : amphetamines? Image
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BIL

Post by BIL »

I'm building a top-secret unholy stash for when I attempt the Dangun Feveron WR, nobody from HS reads OT so they'll never know the ghost of Lemmy himself was at the controls :cool:
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Try sleeping you old bastard.

Anyway I just lol'd out my ass that some dickless fuck emailed Jim Sterling spoilers for the Last of Us 2 in the subject line :lol:
All because Sterling gave Fallout 76 Wastelanders a bad review. fucking hell :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
This is what we've come to .

Now i'm gonna go back to roasting a stranger's bollocks over a fire because they disliked dark souls.
BIL

Post by BIL »

OMFG (■`W´■)

Friendship ended with BURINJU (`ω´メ)
Now ADDERALL is my best friend (◎ ω ◎;)
Stormwatch

Post by Stormwatch »

null1024 wrote: and I've heard of people considering crazy stuff like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQOJ3yCK8pI
Panini projection is glorious and more games should adopt it.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

fuck you

just absent mindedly clicking around and I hit the scrollwheel click on my emulator by accident and that's a fuckton of JRPG progress I just LOST. ima stab a bitch

Edit: wow old mistake shit
Last edited by Blinge on Sat May 16, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

Why would you use such a superfluous thing with your emulators? You heathen!
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

I wasted several hours trying to figure out why DOSBox kept stuttering. Nothing had changed configuration-wise... but it seems like some combination of a new monitor/video drivers caused DOSBox to be extremely unstable and experience constant hiccups in games if cycles=max (i.e. run as fast as possible). Was having an odd issue where the videos between stages in SideLine would grind to a halt after a few seconds.

Turns out just making sure DOSBox only runs at a fixed set of cycles is the way to go now (36000 seems good for SideLine, too fast and it stutters).
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

Thanks for reminding me why I switched to PCem years ago and never looked back.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Using mainline DOSBox is just asking for trouble vs DOSBox-X anyway.
PCem is overkill in a few situations [nothing like actually dealing with old PC configuration issues], but it's sure as hell useful.

mainline DOSBox a: doesn't really care about accuracy and b: hasn't cared to release anything more than basic bugfixes in a decade [I thought I was joking when I typed this, then I looked it up and it was close, 9 years] despite there actually being development on the source
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Fatsos who break toilet seats with their weight. (I mean morbidly overweight people).
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

Just thought of another one: people who watch the Star Wars movies in "chronological order".

Has there ever been an instance of a writer releasing a prequel to a previous work and telling people to experience it first? Or is it all just fan wankery by people who pride themselves on remembering that X takes place before Y? How many prequel works even exist that don't give away massive spoilers if read or seen first?
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

Radical Feminism: the hate of men and hetero-sexuals in general by some very twisted and self-serving people. I cannot for the life of me understand why such unbalanced notions are considered enlightened and their need to attack constantly. To all intents and purposes it is more akin to massive oppression.
More Bromances = safer people
BIL

Post by BIL »

Specineff wrote:Fatsos who break toilet seats with their weight. (I mean morbidly overweight people).
I think this guy may be the worst hefty toilet boi in history. (warning: disgusting :shock: helluva headline though :cool:)

He dead now, AFAIK. See you (hopefully never) space fatboi. ImageImage
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

MintyTheCat wrote:Radical Feminism: the hate of men and hetero-sexuals in general by some very twisted and self-serving people. I cannot for the life of me understand why such unbalanced notions are considered enlightened and their need to attack constantly. To all intents and purposes it is more akin to massive oppression.
Ok boomer
WelshMegalodon wrote:Why would you use such a superfluous thing with your emulators? You heathen!
what? I mean just clicking around on Windows. accidentally hit wheel button on the emulator down on the taskbar
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

BIL wrote:
Specineff wrote:Fatsos who break toilet seats with their weight. (I mean morbidly overweight people).
I think this guy may be the worst hefty toilet boi in history. (warning: disgusting :shock: helluva headline though :cool:)

He dead now, AFAIK. See you (hopefully never) space fatboi. ImageImage
Well, that's not surprising. Shockingly, being that overweight is not good for you at all. Of course, lawd forbid you not pat ultra fatties on the back. Because then according to most of twitter, you would be "fat shaming" and shaming anyone is bad. You must be positive about EVERYTHING and enable gross people.
CyberAngel

Post by CyberAngel »

Blinge wrote:what? I mean just clicking around on Windows. accidentally hit wheel button on the emulator down on the taskbar
Speaking of which, clicking the mousewheel. Why is that even a thing. It's like as if a steering wheel could also be moved horizontaly.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

I actually use the ''click-down-on-mousewheel'' control in CAD and GIS programs for panning :lol: it's a hair quicker than reaching for a tandem of keystroke+left mouse click. When you do that 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year, it starts to add up and becomes worth it.

I'm probably the 0,00001% of the population to whom this benefits tho!
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

Blinge wrote:what? I mean just clicking around on Windows. accidentally hit wheel button on the emulator down on the taskbar
Oh, the button on the mouse! Silly me, for some reason I thought you were talking about some kind of emulator function.
CyberAngel

Post by CyberAngel »

FinalBaton wrote:I actually use the ''click-down-on-mousewheel'' control in CAD and GIS programs for panning :lol: it's a hair quicker than reaching for a tandem of keystroke+left mouse click. When you do that 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year, it starts to add up and becomes worth it.

I'm probably the 0,00001% of the population to whom this benefits tho!
I do use programs where it's pretty handy myself, but even the chance of misclicking and scrolling the wheel instead is something that makes it feel like bad hardware design. Was it too much to just put a third button near it as well?