From Software 'n such

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Stevens

Re: From Software 'n such

Post by Stevens »

I made another FRC Root Chalice and went through the first layer. Farming sucks, but doing new dungeons and finding shit is cool. The last two treasures I've gotten were the lost and uncanny chikage. Which sucks for me cause I don't use them, but still cool nonetheless.

This is kind of fun.I'm still seeing new dungeon layouts/rooms I've never encountered before which is kind of awesome.

For the time being I think I may just always have a FRC Root open.
Blinge wrote:The witches that summon red phantom enemies in the chalice dungeons give me conniptions
Fucking A man. As soon as you here the summon you're like - Oh shit. Also unlike the boss fight the phantoms fucking babysit the witch. Sometimes you can run, but other times you have to Leroy Jenkins that shit cause there are worse enemies on the other side. You run passed, the phantoms aggro, and then something worse aggros, and they're having an orgy on your corpse.
My lord, I have come for you.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

The Italian for souls is " anime "

lmfao, I'm fucking dying.. :mrgreen:

been playing through scholar, fists only, with text in Italian for language practice
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Blinge wrote:unforgivable weeb scum
Got a treat coming for you next DS1 run.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

So I have just discovered to plat Bloodborne, something I didn't set out to when I started playing, I just need the two hunter's essence trophies.

And I'm sitting on a few million echoes:D
drauch

Post by drauch »

It's been awhile since I've visited King's Field II, so I was thinking about just starting over so my mind is fresh.

Didn't have any issues with any of From's other PSX games, but some of the insane drops in KFII's larger areas really sullied some of my enjoyment. Curious if anyone's tried this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6i0F5O ... e=youtu.be
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Apparently KF2 running on the ps3's emulation will also speed up like this!
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

that just looks wrong to me. way too fast.
drauch

Post by drauch »

Blinge wrote:Apparently KF2 running on the ps3's emulation will also speed up like this!
That's actually how I'm playing it and doesn't appear to be so. Unless maybe it's a particular emulator or setting I wonder.

@Immryr Yeah running does seem a bit fast and I usually don't try stuff like this, but I don't think the enemy movement seems unnatural. But then I think the vanilla game tends to slow and suddenly speed up at times, providing some strange gameplay. May play around with it a bit and see how it feels.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

One of the two handed swords in the PS1 KF games is fucking hilarious.
if you swing it repeatedly fast there's literally no way someone could do that unless they were some sort of human windmill.
Or like.. the sword does full circles under your legs or something like that.
Steamflogger Boss

I love From but their sub 20 framerate stuff is pretty embarrassing. I would play tf out of a Bloodborne remastered that didn't run like complete ass.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

ps4 OG or pr0
I've never had a problem on my gold plated bourgeois console
Steamflogger Boss

I use an OG PS4. My friend had a pro though, and it's pretty much just as bad. He didn't finish it yet again because he couldn't stomach the issues (he is a big PC guy). Also like, I can still play and enjoy the game. Maybe you just don't notice the slowdown, tearing and pop-in? Everyone has different sensitivity levels with this kinda stuff. I did at least have the patched version. Unpatched Bloodborne is pure insanity.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Well I got plat in Bloodborne.

The very last thing I had to do was kill Gehrman and buy the Burial Blade. I thought it was fitting.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:I use an OG PS4. My friend had a pro though, and it's pretty much just as bad. He didn't finish it yet again because he couldn't stomach the issues (he is a big PC guy). Also like, I can still play and enjoy the game. Maybe you just don't notice the slowdown, tearing and pop-in? Everyone has different sensitivity levels with this kinda stuff. I did at least have the patched version. Unpatched Bloodborne is pure insanity.
I noticed a couple of parts where it chugs a bit. But it's nowhere near enough to actually hamper my enjoyment of the game.
Seems far worse when playing online. I almost always play offline.
No pop in, tearing... i can't remember seeing it. I might've done but obviously didn't bother me.
drauch

Post by drauch »

Yeah, I honestly don't find Bloodborne bad myself. Blighttown is the only thing that sticks out in their later stuff that I feel like actually can affect gameplay. *I also just play offline.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

There is nothing in Bloodborne remotely as bad as Blighttown.
Steamflogger Boss

Original release Blighttown I would agree with that.
rapoon

Post by rapoon »

Steamflogger Boss wrote: Everyone has different sensitivity levels with this kinda stuff. I did at least have the patched version. Unpatched Bloodborne is pure insanity.
I’m one of those individuals who’s hyper sensitive and it’s gotten worse as I’ve aged. Worse than frame rate drops is motion blur and chromatic aberration. The later is so excessive in BB it’s nauseating. I have >1k hours in BB on an old panel where the aforementioned ‘enhancements’ weren’t as noticeable. Oh my new panel, i get dizzy and develop eye strain after 10 - 15 minutes.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

rapoon wrote:
Steamflogger Boss wrote: Everyone has different sensitivity levels with this kinda stuff. I did at least have the patched version. Unpatched Bloodborne is pure insanity.
I’m one of those individuals who’s hyper sensitive and it’s gotten worse as I’ve aged. Worse than frame rate drops is motion blur and chromatic aberration. The later is so excessive in BB it’s nauseating. I have >1k hours in BB on an old panel where the aforementioned ‘enhancements’ weren’t as noticeable. Oh my new panel, i get dizzy and develop eye strain after 10 - 15 minutes.
That sucks. Is there any remedy for you?
rapoon

Post by rapoon »

Stevens wrote:
That sucks. Is there any remedy for you?
Other than buying From games for PC if/when they’re available, not really. There’s a few other things that help a bit like moving the camera as seldom as possible and turning sensitivity to the lowest settings. I think motion blur is the primary culprit. Some games don’t cause any problem, like Demon Souls.

Btw, grats on BB plat.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Thanks. It wasn't the goal in the beginning, but then I thought - I've been playing this so long what am I missing? And I just had to buy stuff.

Yeah that is a benefit of stuff being on PC. It runs smoother and you can turn effects off, hopefully Elden Ring will be ok.
Steamflogger Boss

Elden Ring will be on pc, should be fine. Looking forward to it.
Steamflogger Boss

Started my ultra weeb character, but I don't have the armor I need to take a picture yet.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

rapoon wrote:I think motion blur is the primary culprit. Some games don’t cause any problem, like Demon Souls.
I loathe motion blur, or screen edge blur to simulate peripheral vision blur. It always looks so fake and distracting, like it's trying to be immersive at the expense of the gameplay. The stupidest motion blur I remember seeing is where it blurs the screen edges as you go faster in a racing game.
Steamflogger Boss

Getting the Black Knight Sword from the first Black Knight trivializes a lot of stuff. I think this is my first time having it so early.
Steamflogger Boss

Yeah the bosses in ds1 are cake. My bad.
Steamflogger Boss

Sen's Fortress is amazing every time.
rapoon

Post by rapoon »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:
I loathe motion blur, or screen edge blur to simulate peripheral vision blur. It always looks so fake and distracting, like it's trying to be immersive at the expense of the gameplay. The stupidest motion blur I remember seeing is where it blurs the screen edges as you go faster in a racing game.
It's insufferable. Thank christ it's toggleable option in most games.
Steamflogger Boss wrote:Getting the Black Knight Sword from the first Black Knight trivializes a lot of stuff. I think this is my first time having it so early.

Don't think I've gotten the sword that early, but I did get the Demon's Greataxe once and proceeded to obliterate everything til mid-game.
Steamflogger Boss

rapoon wrote:
Steamflogger Boss wrote:Getting the Black Knight Sword from the first Black Knight trivializes a lot of stuff. I think this is my first time having it so early.

Don't think I've gotten the sword that early, but I did get the Demon's Greataxe once and proceeded to obliterate everything til mid-game.
Poor Taurus Demon walked right off the bridge in this run. Since I've been using axe type weapons this time for style it would have been nice to get that. The regular Greataxe is pretty damn good, but it comes up a bit later (in the Depths).

The best (or worst depending on how you view it) part of getting it is you can cheaply and immediately trade with the crow for 4x Twinkling Titanite, enough to get it to +3 which has 286 attack before scaling.

Back to the difficulty points from earlier in the thread: the bosses in this game die very quickly. I should have done Darkroot sooner but I killed Sif in I want to say 6 hits (somewhere in the 5-7 range) and the Butterfly with 5 spell casts (wasn't about to have this fight be needlessly long) at only 16 INT. This is definitely much easier than 3/BB.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

rapoon wrote: Don't think I've gotten the sword that early, but I did get the Demon's Greataxe once and proceeded to obliterate everything til mid-game.
Needs 46 STR to wield, 31 to two hand..
So when did you start using it? :?