Radirgy S

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
M.Knight

Re: Radirgy S

Post by M.Knight »

Oh no, guys.
It's happening again. The Milestone localization curse.

First Radio Allergy's GameCube release being canned.
Then Arcade Shooter : Ilvelo [sic] on the Wii being quietly cancelled.
And now Radirgy Swag...it's never going to come out, is it?

(Last time I heard the company handling it who's nototrious for extra long delays blamed it all on the Covid virus lmao so heh what's one more unfullfilled release date promise?)
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

When the 21st came and went, I considered posting something, but then thought "is there a point anymore?"

Once I saw that the money from pre-orders of the game itself must have dried up and they started hawking t-shirts in order to cover the pressing, I knew the endeavor... I don't want to say was 'doomed'... But I knew it was in serious trouble.

Personally, if something was supposed to be shipped to me six months ago and the seller was not responsive, I would have already hit up fbi.gov...
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

I preordered both, Radirgy and The Game Tengoku for switch though I have paid using paypal. If by the the start of the summer there are no news I will claim my money back.
What a bunch of robbers they are.
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

I'd also pre-ordered Ninja JaJaMaru Collection Limited Edition for PS4.
Dispatch Games' complete lack of updates on that release, especially after their last email with no mention of it, confirmed for me that I need to get my money back.
I emailed them multiple times over a month and used their website contact form to request a status update or to provide a refund. They never responded to anything. Finally I filled a fraud report with my credit card provider. I have a "tentative refund" for the PS4 game.
Stupidly, I was wishful that Radirgy S would surface since Dispatch actually acknowledged that game, so I didn't file a fraud claim on that purchase.

Is Dispatch the worst run publisher in existence right now? Seriously is there any other game publisher in recent memory that has been so dysfunctional in their business practices?
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

M.Knight wrote:Oh no, guys.
It's happening again. The Milestone localization curse.

First Radio Allergy's GameCube release being canned.
Then Arcade Shooter : Ilvelo [sic] on the Wii being quietly cancelled.
And now Radirgy Swag...it's never going to come out, is it?

(Last time I heard the company handling it who's nototrious for extra long delays blamed it all on the Covid virus lmao so heh what's one more unfullfilled release date promise?)
Hey, at least we got Radio Allergy on the Wii. So I guess we'll get this on the Switch 2 or whatever.
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Is Dispatch the worst run publisher in existence right now?

The only worse one that I can remember were the people that did Strumwind on the Dreamcast.

After the release was like a year late with nary a word, they finally released a statement saying "stop bugging us about your pre-orders and asking for your money back, we didn't do anything wrong because it's not like we forced you to give us money"

It was downright jawdropping.

That said, there was a happy ending in that the game eventually did ship, albeit like three years late.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Koa Zo wrote:Is Dispatch the worst run publisher in existence right now? Seriously is there any other game publisher in recent memory that has been so dysfunctional in their business practices?
Hey, it's no Watermelon. It could always be Paprium.

I'd be fine with delays if we were getting consistent communication. Sometimes we actually hear something back, but the radio silence right now is not encouraging.
Zeether

Post by Zeether »

This better come out here, either from Dispatch or another publisher. I'm sick of this curse. If Dispatch can't put it out I'm gonna start mass begging Rising Star, XSEED, etc and everyone else should too.
<Aquas> EDMOND DROPPED OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL TO SMOKE COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF OPIUM
<Zeether> shoe failed college again <croikle> credit feed
Wittischism

Post by Wittischism »

I have the limited edition pre-ordered. I wanted that vinyl soundtrack. I pre-ordered fully aware of this sort of thing happening. I went through the same waiting game for Psyvariar Delta.

I ended up buying that on the JP eShop. I was sick of waiting, but I am happy to support the developers for making a good game that I enjoy.I don't care now that I have both a physical and a digital copy.

I recently did the same with Radirgy Swag. Tired of waiting and I just wanted to be play the game. Game Paradise would be nice to have a physical copy of, also. For a game I don't care as much about, I am definitely not taking a gamble with Dispatch again. I snagged that on the eShop, as well.

Feel bad for the devs who are attached to dispatch though. Sad situation for games that are quality.
mojilove

Post by mojilove »

Just chiming in to say I noticed that the devs talked about how to get into endless mode on a live stream half a year ago! It answered two of my biggest questions!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2faY_WcgyY

[EN translation of 18:46 in the video]
There are three conditions for going past the dark side of the moon (where you would usually end the game) so as to enter endless mode in Radirgy Swag:
- Get lots of speed items (the pink inverted triangles)
- Get lots of junk and star junk items [apparently this number is accumulative across multiple sessions - you can't get to endless when playing the game for the very first time, no matter how good you are!]
- Keep the antenna bars high for a continuous period

[EN translation of around 21:04 onward]
Enemy placement differs depending on the image shown on the TV in the top right of the screen, just when you press A to start the game.
Color bars: Pattern 1
Static: Pattern 2 [more enemies than pattern 1?]
Map: Pattern 3 [larger enemies appear right from the start]
In a nutshell, press A when the TV shows color bars to get pattern 1, press A when the TV shows static to get pattern 2, and press A when the TV shows the map to get pattern 3.

Pattern 3 might be better for scoring, seeing as it has the most enemies, but pattern 1 may be best for survival (I will need to look into it more though)

Oh I do hope that Dispatch gets their act together and actually publishes the game ... :cry:
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Slightly off-topic, but is the PS2 version of this considered to be a decent port? I've had my eye on a copy for a while.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

No, there is lots of slowdown compared to the other versions. Don't bother with it. The last stages are played at like half the intended speed.
I've heard from players that there were also issues with image quality and score saving, but not having a PS2 myself I haven't double-checked that.

The Owakari mode exclusive to the PS2 version has higher difficulty with faster bullets, but since the game slows down a lot, it kinda makes them move at a normal speed instead. Kinda like Karous BoR lol.
Not worth the hassle of playing this version of the game.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Wow, thanks for the info. Shame then that it still regularly lists for $100+ on ebay. I saw a factory-sealed copy for $60 last week and was ready to jump on it, but I suppose now I'll hold out.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Enemy placement differs depending on the image shown on the TV in the top right of the screen, just when you press A to start the game.
Color bars: Pattern 1
Static: Pattern 2 [more enemies than pattern 1?]
Map: Pattern 3 [larger enemies appear right from the start]
In a nutshell, press A when the TV shows color bars to get pattern 1, press A when the TV shows static to get pattern 2, and press A when the TV shows the map to get pattern 3.

OOOOHHHH! Finally!!
That has been driving me absolutely nuts since like August. I was beginning to think it was completely random.
As usual, thank you so much!!

PS the one thing I was correct about was that there was three possible enemy wave levels (I was calling them small, medium, and large). And whenever I noticed that I got a 'large,' I would perk way up because a potential high score run was very possible.
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

They tweeted this - https://twitter.com/DispatchGames/statu ... 9425534976

Then I got an email saying my order has been sent but when I ordered Radirgy I also ordered a couple Jaleco shirts and the email says only the shirts shipped and not the game...
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

I will keep my fingers crossed for get my copies of both Radirgy and The Game Paradise. They’d better ship both together.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Email from Dispatch came through. They've stated they've shipped orders for existing stock and the Jaleco Pocket Players. Everything else is at least six weeks away. Radirgy Swag, Game Paradise and Rail Sim are all in production; Jajamaru PS4 and Soldam PS4 have been delayed for an unstated period of time due to development issues. They also commented that City Connection publishing the digital version of Game Paradise had been their plan for awhile.

Here's the statement on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DispatchGames/statu ... 3975986177

https://twitter.com/DispatchGames/statu ... 0864118786
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

Well from no on, 4 more months of delay and silence.
I am still wondering why they have not gone out of business yet or even being sued by customers.
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

Pretty shit update to be honest.

I work in games, I've shipped games including one that just got pressed and went to retail last month so I know exactly what's involved in almost every aspect of a release. To wait months for an update on Radirgy and get nothing but "Now Making" is absolutely pathetic to me. Now making what? The localisation? The retail packaging? The pressing? WTF does "Now Making" mean?
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

DoomsDave wrote:WTF does "Now Making" mean?
Excuses. :lol:
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

BulletMagnet wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
davyK

Post by davyK »

M.Knight wrote:No, there is lots of slowdown compared to the other versions. Don't bother with it. The last stages are played at like half the intended speed.
I've heard from players that there were also issues with image quality and score saving, but not having a PS2 myself I haven't double-checked that.

The Owakari mode exclusive to the PS2 version has higher difficulty with faster bullets, but since the game slows down a lot, it kinda makes them move at a normal speed instead. Kinda like Karous BoR lol.
Not worth the hassle of playing this version of the game.

That is interesting to read - I have the GC version of this and was thinking of getting the PS2 version - primarily because my JP GC doesn't have RGB SCART and playing it with a composite signal has put me off.

I could play it using my Freeloader on my PAL GC or Wii of course but I was tempted to get the PS2 version as my JP slim is rigged up to a rotated CRT with RGB SCART. I have since sourced an LCD panel with a din style s-video port I can use with my JP GC and it looks an awful lot better but I was still tempted to get the PS2 version.

I think you have saved me money and disappointment. Cheers.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

You're welcome!
You can check a run from DamDam here ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCbOC9fcoec ) for example to see how bad the slowdown gets. She didn't reach stage 5 but it should still give you a good idea.

One note about the GC version : It's one of those few JP games that won't save properly through Freeloader if the console isn't a JP one. (IIRC the other ones are Namco Bandai games : Mr Driller Drill Land, Donkey Konga games, and some Naruto games)

If your Wii is non-JP, can run homebrew and you want to play the game on it, I suggest using Nintendont and virtual memory cards, it should bypass this issue entirely. Besides, Nintendont also allows you to play with a Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro for GC games to avoid getting stuck with the horrendous GC controller D-pad. Of course, if you already have a compatible stick or any other input device that works and you're happy with, feel free to stick to it.
BulletMagnet wrote:
Hahahahahahahaha :lol:
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

M.Knight wrote:You can check a run from DamDam here ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCbOC9fcoec ) for example to see how bad the slowdown gets. She didn't reach stage 5 but it should still give you a good idea.
It's like playing with permanent kakusei mode engaged. Also, stage 2 had some really awful tearing going on at the beginning of the level.. it was on par with the PS2 port of Triggerheart during the stage 3 boss battle.
davyK

Post by davyK »

M.Knight wrote:
One note about the GC version : It's one of those few JP games that won't save properly through Freeloader if the console isn't a JP one. (IIRC the other ones are Namco Bandai games : Mr Driller Drill Land, Donkey Konga games, and some Naruto games)

Thanks. I have a JP Gamecube - bought specifically because of Mr Driller Drill Land!! :)

I have an adaptor that lets me use my PS1/2 stick with my GC. It will also let me use my Wii classic controllers and the Tatsunoko v Capcom stick - I have Radirgy , Super Star Soldier and Castle Shikigami 2 for my JP GC and that pad just isn't good for shooters.
Terramax

Post by Terramax »

Aw, man, and I was about to shell out the money to pre-order Swag, but decided to hold back. A day later, I read all the news about the delay. So glad I didn`t throw my money (just yet).
Shame the game hasn`t been released physically in Japan.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

First weekly update came out on time. They've posted a product tracker showing the status of different elements, and say they'll be keeping that up to date: https://dispatchgames.freshdesk.com/sup ... ct-tracker

Here's what they have to say about Radirgy Swag's status:
Radirgy Swag - All of the art design and layout has been completed and we are into final print approval phase. We are awaiting scheduling confirmation on all the asset deliveries for assembly. A lot of items will be moving simultaneously - we will break those down further as we have specific delivery timing.. We already have the collector coins in hand now.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Radirgy Swag - All of the art design and layout has been completed and we are into final print approval phase.

Which is exactly where they said they were in mid-March when they gave the "It's the Coronavirus' fault" update. So basically, noting has happened in two-and-a-half months. Hell, when I worked in PR I could get art approval in an afternoon (e-mail is a wonderful thing). I guess the game localizing biz is very, very, (very) different.
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

Mmmm so they promised weekly updates but they must have forgotten to update this week :roll:
They will probably blaming now the recent riots in the USA.
How they still manage to be in business is beyond me really.
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

Got a feeling that preorders were so low they didn't get close to the 5k min for Switch and can't afford printing the carts until more people preorder. Would kind of explain them being so shit about refunds as well. They claim game is done, everything else for a physical can get wrapped up in a month. You can outsource your localisation and get it back in a week. I just don't see any other reason this is taking so long other than they don't have the cash to print the carts or they are literally refusing to work.