gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thread

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Frootsnax

Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre

Post by Frootsnax »

I'm having a weird issue with the comp2rgb and the gscartsw that I'm not seeing in this thread.

When I put the two together, I lost left channel audio.

comp2rgb directly to my PVM or OSSC works fine. All of my SCART consoles have great audio.

All of my component consoles going through the comp2rgb lose the left channel when connected to the gscartsw. The other weird part is if I connect the right channel RCA into the left channel jack on the comp2rgb, I hear the right channel audio through my left speakers. Which means something is sending the audio correctly as left channel audio.

Any help would be awesome. I'm happy to provide whatever I can if someone has any ideas for troubleshooting.
mrwokn

Post by mrwokn »

the Goat wrote:
mrwokn wrote:Anyone have a RGB moded NES connected with the gscwrsw. I’m curious what your setup is to get it working.
I RGB modded an AV Famicom and tested it on my setup that includes a gscartsw. Worked perfectly. What is your question?
What output did you chose on your av famicon. Also which scart cables are you using.
I modded my top loader nes to a Nintendo multiport output. It works perfectly on my band ridge switch. I went through all solder points they are solid. Just trying to trouble shoot my nes with this switch.
the Goat

Post by the Goat »

mrwokn wrote:
the Goat wrote:
mrwokn wrote:Anyone have a RGB moded NES connected with the gscwrsw. I’m curious what your setup is to get it working.
I RGB modded an AV Famicom and tested it on my setup that includes a gscartsw. Worked perfectly. What is your question?
What output did you chose on your av famicon. Also which scart cables are you using.
I modded my top loader nes to a Nintendo multiport output. It works perfectly on my band ridge switch. I went through all solder points they are solid. Just trying to trouble shoot my nes with this switch.
I duplicated all setting shown in Voultar's NESRGB install video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MuwkiV4aPs
For the SCART cable I used my SNES one from retro-access: https://retro-access.com/collections/su ... nded-cable
-the Goat
Heliopause Heavy Industries :: video game console repairs and modifications
superg

Post by superg »

mrwokn wrote: Anyone have a RGB moded NES connected with the gscwrsw. I’m curious what your setup is to get it working.
Just in case: did you try sync regeneration with your current nesrgb setup? (DIP 1)
TheNightfly

Post by TheNightfly »

My micro USB port broke off, I see you will fix if I send this in. What’s the mailing address?
superg

Post by superg »

TheNightfly wrote:My micro USB port broke off, I see you will fix if I send this in. What’s the mailing address?
PM sent.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

Hahahahhaha
darkespeon

Post by darkespeon »

Hi,

I would love to purchase this product. I was planning to buy one today but it just sold out. Any ETA on the next date of availability?
mrwokn

Post by mrwokn »

superg wrote:
mrwokn wrote: Anyone have a RGB moded NES connected with the gscwrsw. I’m curious what your setup is to get it working.
Just in case: did you try sync regeneration with your current nesrgb setup? (DIP 1)
Ya I toggled dip 1 with no observable difference.
Reluctant Hero

Post by Reluctant Hero »

Dang, I was hoping the GSCARTSW stock would last until today, but it sold out yesterday. Are we looking at two to three months for the current backorder queue, Super G?
superg

Post by superg »

Reluctant Hero wrote:Dang, I was hoping the GSCARTSW stock would last until today, but it sold out yesterday. Are we looking at two to three months for the current backorder queue, Super G?
Yeah I think so, I didn't order more units yet, have to figure some stuff out first.
KakoC11

Post by KakoC11 »

Hello SuperG,

I placed an order for a GCompSw, wanted to do international shipping but there was no option for it on Paypal, so I picked a US address. Was wondering if we could arrange for international shipping?

Thank you!
superg

Post by superg »

KakoC11 wrote:Hello SuperG,

I placed an order for a GCompSw, wanted to do international shipping but there was no option for it on Paypal, so I picked a US address. Was wondering if we could arrange for international shipping?

Thank you!
I don't ship to some countries. If you're getting 1K for shipping you should use a proxy service.
Brett_D92

Post by Brett_D92 »

At this point I wish I used my proxy address instead cause it seems like USPS has halted any international packages. Even the tracking for the Bumper case I got for the gcompsw hasn't been updated since March 29th. So god knows when I'll ever get my gcompsw :?
superg

Post by superg »

Brett_D92 wrote:At this point I wish I used my proxy address instead cause it seems like USPS has halted any international packages. Even the tracking for the Bumper case I got for the gcompsw hasn't been updated since March 29th. So god knows when I'll ever get my gcompsw :?
That is unfortunate but the USPS international halt situation is beyond my control. The same is going on with Japan. That should resolve for sure but the question is when.
I'm waiting for some games from Japan and in two months the stuff doesn't even track. Both sellers dropped it off and no news since.
Brett_D92

Post by Brett_D92 »

Yeah, it's not your fault. Though I wish they did give at least some update on it, even if its minor, instead of being left in the dark.
Tobbis

Post by Tobbis »

Hey Superg, I was wondering if you could make something custom. I currently have 13 component systems. I already have one of your switches which works awesome BTW.
Is there anyway I could get you to make a 16 input gcompsw? If not now, maybe sometime in the future cause either way I'll most likely order another gcompsw. I would just like a permanent single unit for the ultimate setup I eventually want to have.
superg

Post by superg »

Tobbis wrote:Hey Superg, I was wondering if you could make something custom. I currently have 13 component systems. I already have one of your switches which works awesome BTW.
Is there anyway I could get you to make a 16 input gcompsw? If not now, maybe sometime in the future cause either way I'll most likely order another gcompsw. I would just like a permanent single unit for the ultimate setup I eventually want to have.
No plans for that, daisy chain two units.
Tobbis

Post by Tobbis »

Straight forward. Have you ever tried a daisy chain before?
superg

Post by superg »

Tobbis wrote:Straight forward. Have you ever tried a daisy chain before?
Ehm, do you expect anything else than "Just works"? :)
Switch output is like console output.
grifter

Post by grifter »

I thought someone might be interested in what i am doing with my 3 GSCART switches. I am building 2 cabinets, one behind the couch with the older consoles (scart) and one under the TV for the newer HDMI switches.

I will be adding RGB LED's to the cabinet and using the GSCART's EXT headers to read the auto selected input. The circuit board shown below constantly reads the inputs of up to 5 GSCART's and 5 Extron HDMI switches. Using this data it knows when any console is turned on in real time. All configuration is done via a web interface that it hosts over wifi.

The end result is turning on a console automatically lights up the shelf and the specific hole that console is in. There are a few lighting effects like having animated lights come in from the sides and stop at the console that is turned on, or coming in a large circle centered on the console that is turned on. It will also provide attract mode effects where the RGB LED's will light up squares in patterns, different fades, etc.

Boards and components are ordered and i will be putting it all together very soon. I plan to make only 2 for my personal use however if there is interest i might share the firmware code, board layout and schematics for anyone that wants to make one themselves for their own use, its only about $20 worth of parts. If you know how to program an Arduino you should be able to figure out how to adapt it to your own setup.

ImageImage
(Clicking on the image should open the larger version)

I read that superg had never seen a project that used the EXT header before. While now you have :-)
H6rdc0re

Post by H6rdc0re »

Tobbis wrote:Straight forward. Have you ever tried a daisy chain before?
I have two Gscartsw 5.2s daisy chained and they work perfectly.
whatamansion

Post by whatamansion »

First time post. Superg, when do you think you'll be getting more back in stock (particularly the gcompsw)?
superg

Post by superg »

whatamansion wrote:First time post. Superg, when do you think you'll be getting more back in stock (particularly the gcompsw)?
Should have something mid July. Everything is slower because of virus so no guarantees.
whatamansion

Post by whatamansion »

superg wrote:
whatamansion wrote:First time post. Superg, when do you think you'll be getting more back in stock (particularly the gcompsw)?
Should have something mid July. Everything is slower because of virus so no guarantees.
Gotcha. Thanks
Foxe

Post by Foxe »

Hey SuperG. I had a quick question about the gscartsw. Pin 8 on scart is referred to as a function switch. Does the gscartsw do anything with this pin or does it simply pass it on?

For background, I'm looking to get a Virtual Tap installed with a Nintendo multi out. There's two voltage lines, a 3.3V and 5V line. A typical multi out scart cable passes 5V output along pin 8 with a 100-180 ohm resistor to pass a lower voltage to pin 16 to indicate RGB. I was wondering if I should run the 3.3V from the Virtual Tap to the multi out's 5V and hope everything works okay. If not, I was going to try the 5V line. I'm not sure what affect this would have on something like the Framemeister but wanted to check with you on the gscartsw.

Thank you again for the hard work on this! I hope sales are going well!
superg

Post by superg »

Foxe wrote:Hey SuperG. I had a quick question about the gscartsw. Pin 8 on scart is referred to as a function switch. Does the gscartsw do anything with this pin or does it simply pass it on?

For background, I'm looking to get a Virtual Tap installed with a Nintendo multi out. There's two voltage lines, a 3.3V and 5V line. A typical multi out scart cable passes 5V output along pin 8 with a 100-180 ohm resistor to pass a lower voltage to pin 16 to indicate RGB. I was wondering if I should run the 3.3V from the Virtual Tap to the multi out's 5V and hope everything works okay. If not, I was going to try the 5V line. I'm not sure what affect this would have on something like the Framemeister but wanted to check with you on the gscartsw.

Thank you again for the hard work on this! I hope sales are going well!
SCART pin 8 and pin 16 are currently not connected to any of the inputs. The detection is based on sync pin analysis. On the output, pin 8 forces 4:3 and pin 16 forces RGB. So gscartsw doesn't need any of those lines routed. In fact Framemeister doesn't need those pins too. However it's always a good idea to have standard 5V on multi out just in case you want to use your Virtual Tap with something else.
JoeMango

Post by JoeMango »

superg wrote:
Hi SuperG. Made a back order for the gcompsw on the 29th April. Didn't realise the wait would be quite so long. Cant find any instructions on your site about how to discuss individual orders. Do we just use these forums or do you have an email. Cheers.
grifter

Post by grifter »

are all GScart versions ignoring pin 8/16? or only the current version?

I have several different versions of the Gscart and i remember hearing early on that the PS2 had to be on the first port because it wouldn't auto switch. I always assumed that was because the PS2 didn't have the 5volt trigger.

Do PS2's now work on the new line of switches on any port?
Foxe

Post by Foxe »

superg wrote:SCART pin 8 and pin 16 are currently not connected to any of the inputs. The detection is based on sync pin analysis. On the output, pin 8 forces 4:3 and pin 16 forces RGB. So gscartsw doesn't need any of those lines routed. In fact Framemeister doesn't need those pins too. However it's always a good idea to have standard 5V on multi out just in case you want to use your Virtual Tap with something else.
Thanks for all your help SuperG! This simplified my current set up. Picking up a second gscartsw when they become available. :)