Terraonion MODE - Dreamcast & Saturn ODE

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Mobiusstriptech

Re: Terraonion MODE - Dreamcast & Saturn ODE

Post by Mobiusstriptech »

I'm happy to bow out. Sorry for trying to offer some information and maybe talk about a device that I actually know something about. I'll see myself out again.
For mod work and questions email us at mobiusstriptech@gmail.com

Twitter: @mobiusstriptech

Youtube: MobiusStripTech

fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

Your post added no information, it was just an apology for previous TO products and an endorsement of this one. Maybe you didn't notice that I made this topic, and expressed enthusiasm for the product, with only some mild but reasonable reserve. It's not like this is a product you can overcharge for installs anyway, so no need to be so defensive about it when no one was attacking it in any way.
Mobiusstriptech

Overcharge for installs? Excuse me?

Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

fernan1234 wrote:Your post added no information, it was just an apology for previous TO products and an endorsement of this one. Maybe you didn't notice that I made this topic, and expressed enthusiasm for the product, with only some mild but reasonable reserve. It's not like this is a product you can overcharge for installs anyway, so no need to be so defensive about it when no one was attacking it in any way.
i have nothing but a bad taste in my mouth about Terraonion, but Mobiusstriptech has been great on fixing other peoples fuck-ups with the SSDS3. I had him fix mine because he had the board I needed (combined with how I broke my soldering iron at that point in time and was to lazy to fix it and do this mod myself) and he charged me something like $35 for the FU-RGB board itself AND installing the FU-RGB board AND installing the FBX audio board into my SSDS3 - $35 for all that is a steal in my eyes so I don't know what you're talking about. That's dirt cheap.
Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 »

I have the SSDS3 and Mega SD, both are great products, haven't had any issues with them. I got them from Stone Age Gamer. I personally appreciate Terraonion providing a full "retail" style product, the way SAG has with the Everdrive line.

This MODE really excites me for the Dreamcast, because while the USB GD-ROM and GD-EMU both work (I've had them for years), their menu's are garbage and GD-EMU is a pain to organize the games on there. I don't wish to take my Saturn apart, so I'm hoping the Satiator is available sometime this year, but DC MODE a definite want of mine.
Gara

Post by Gara »

Those Transcend cards make long sessions pretty bad. The difference they made in access noise was very minor in my own setup. Maybe one day someone will find a quiet card without the stuttering. Otherwise the SSDS3 is a pretty darn good item now.

As long as stock firmware has good compatibility then the MODE should be pretty awesome. Their track record with firmware updates is not very good. SSDS3 has issues that have been known for over a year. They say that after the MODE release they will finally give the SSDS3 some attention and address the firmware issues. Heck, the issue with swapped audio channels took them months at launch. That firmware was only available via email for quite some time.

Terraonion knows their own reputation. They will probably never escape it. If anything I take it as a pretty good indicator that they will do the due diligence on new products. MegaSD was a darn smooth launch from a hardware perspective. I think they will keep it up.
Por un perro que mate, mataperros me llamaron.
Last edited by Gara on Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kez

Post by Kez »

Saturn is the last system in my collection to need an ODE, so I was looking forward to this. I'm a bit disappointed unfortunately that the cost is just a little bit too high for me to justify. With import tax and shipping this comes to about 240 EUR, for that amount of money I'll just keep using CD-Rs. I have no doubt that this will work well, though.
Last edited by Kez on Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
daty2k1

Post by daty2k1 »

Yes the cost is definitely very high... I have a Fenrir in the mail so I will give it a chance but I guess it will depend on the support and if they are able to improve compatibility in the future.
Josh128

Post by Josh128 »

ApolloBoy wrote:
Josh128 wrote:the new SNES adapter (dont recall the name)
???

TO doesn't have anything for the SNES, at least not yet.

Anyway, I wound up preordering one as there's still no ETA on the Satiator and I'm not dealing with Deunan's order system BS. Now I'm trying to figure out which Saturn to install it in, should I do my unmodified model 1 or chipped model 2...
My mistake, I was thinking of SD2SNES / FXPAK Pro by Krikzz/Everdrive. Stone Age Gamer sells all the Terraonion products and I was thinking SAG and Terraonion were the same company or affiliates.
Josh128

Post by Josh128 »

fernan1234 wrote:
Mobiusstriptech wrote: Obviously you harbor some serious aggression. The everdrives absolutely have SD access noise and it's just as bad. If you think it doesn't you are only fooling yourself.
I'd say you harbor some strange defensiveness about this particular issue with the SSDS3, for reasons that may not be hard to guess. The buzzing problem was well documented, and even FirebrandX, someone also aligned with the last SSDS3 revision, reported in the linked post how the Transcend SD cards make a big difference in the noise.
Well, other than being a bit of an infamous loudmouth and crusader of certain causes and products that I have had good experience with, I have zero affiliation with Terraonion. I have personally played on my buddies SSD3 and that experience led me to buy my own, which I have been very satisfied with. I have not noticed any annoying SD access noise or in game noise in my system. Not to say that their isnt some measurable noise, but I have not personally felt it necessary to pull out a scope or get a pin drop quiet room to try to hear this stuff. If you need instruments or a pin drop quiet room to experience it, its not as big a deal as people are making it out to be.

My buddy also has the MegaSD, and he brought it over and hooked to my FD Trinitron, and once again, I was very impressed. Who else out there has produced equivalent products out there that emulate the CD systems, Supergrafxs, Sega SVP chips, etc? Virtua Racing on the MegaSD was indistinguishable from my real VR cart when we tried it.

I'd say Terraonion has payed for their sins and is putting out some cool shit, and we are lucky to have them here continually innovating. That doesnt mean they have a free pass to screw people, to be sure, but it seems they understand now what they should and shouldnt be doing. Im sure the product isnt perfect, but it is pretty impressive as it is today. I think we should chill out just a bit on continually beating this dead horse and judge them on what they are doing today, not what was done 2 or 3 years ago.
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

Trainwreck customer service and communication didnt quite end with the abandoned ssd3. Its great that you are happy, but i don’t think much has changed. This alex guy definitely needs some soft skills training.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

Dochartaigh wrote:he charged me something like $35 for the FU-RGB board itself AND installing the FU-RGB board AND installing the FBX audio board into my SSDS3 - $35 for all that is a steal in my eyes so I don't know what you're talking about. That's dirt cheap.
I do recall that he was doing specifically the FU-RGB installs at a loss, which I will still say is something very praiseworthy. But that was an exceptional case. Anyone can compare his regular pricing for other work vs. what other good modders charge and make their own conclusions. As someone who overpaid for unsatisfactory service (no need to get into details here, if you're curious you can PM me), and heated by him doubling down on inaccurate claims about Everdrives simply to make the SSDS3 seem less bad, I allowed myself to throw that jab, alluding to his general pricing, not specifically FU-RGB installs. This is obviously just my personal opinion.

Josh128 wrote: I have not noticed any annoying SD access noise or in game noise in my system. Not to say that their isnt some measurable noise, but I have not personally felt it necessary to pull out a scope or get a pin drop quiet room to try to hear this stuff. If you need instruments or a pin drop quiet room to experience it, its not as big a deal as people are making it out to be.
It's definitely not an issue in everyone's setup. But it's there and has been documented. Regarding its comparison to other devices that access SD cards, the crucial difference is that even assuming that devices like Everdrives have the same level of SD access noise (which they don't), they only produce it while loading the ROM, or when writing to the card while saving (SRAM or states). The SSDS3 on the other hand access the SD card continuously for CD games, hence the noise is present continuously. Was this inevitable due to the nature of the PC Engine? Probably. But the fact that the issue manifests differently with different SD card brands suggests that the design is at least partly at play.

Regarding compatibility, they also said that the firmware would be worked on again after they were done with the MegaSD, and that obviously didn't happen, so not sure if you can take their word again this time, but I do hope they will. For people who only use it to play Rondo of Blood, it will feel like a flawless device. But anyone really sinking into the CD library will encounter the imperfections soon enough. Many of the inaccuracies are the same that affected older emulators.

In any case, my take was essentially the same as yours: the MODE is likely to be free of the kind of issues that previous TO products had, hardware- or service-wise. For the Saturn it's almost a must given the lack of options at this time. At the same time don't fault people who felt burned by previous products to recall their grievances when considering this one.
Mobiusstriptech

fernan1234 wrote:
Dochartaigh wrote:he charged me something like $35 for the FU-RGB board itself AND installing the FU-RGB board AND installing the FBX audio board into my SSDS3 - $35 for all that is a steal in my eyes so I don't know what you're talking about. That's dirt cheap.
I do recall that he was doing specifically the FU-RGB installs at a loss, which I will still say is something very praiseworthy. But that was an exceptional case. Anyone can compare his regular pricing for other work vs. what other good modders charge and make their own conclusions. As someone who overpaid for unsatisfactory service (no need to get into details here, if you're curious you can PM me), and heated by him doubling down on inaccurate claims about Everdrives simply to make the SSDS3 seem less bad, I allowed myself to throw that jab, alluding to his general pricing, not specifically FU-RGB installs. This is obviously just my personal opinion.

Josh128 wrote: I have not noticed any annoying SD access noise or in game noise in my system. Not to say that their isnt some measurable noise, but I have not personally felt it necessary to pull out a scope or get a pin drop quiet room to try to hear this stuff. If you need instruments or a pin drop quiet room to experience it, its not as big a deal as people are making it out to be.
It's definitely not an issue in everyone's setup. But it's there and has been documented. Regarding its comparison to other devices that access SD cards, the crucial difference is that even assuming that devices like Everdrives have the same level of SD access noise (which they don't), they only produce it while loading the ROM, or when writing to the card while saving (SRAM or states). The SSDS3 on the other hand access the SD card continuously for CD games, hence the noise is present continuously. Was this inevitable due to the nature of the PC Engine? Probably. But the fact that the issue manifests differently with different SD card brands suggests that the design is at least partly at play.

Regarding compatibility, they also said that the firmware would be worked on again after they were done with the MegaSD, and that obviously didn't happen, so not sure if you can take their word again this time, but I do hope they will. For people who only use it to play Rondo of Blood, it will feel like a flawless device. But anyone really sinking into the CD library will encounter the imperfections soon enough. Many of the inaccuracies are the same that affected older emulators.

In any case, my take was essentially the same as yours: the MODE is likely to be free of the kind of issues that previous TO products had, hardware- or service-wise. For the Saturn it's almost a must given the lack of options at this time. At the same time don't fault people who felt burned by previous products to recall their grievances when considering this one.

I will happily share any communications I have with you were you were not only happy but thrilled with my work! I have done 1 job for you. That's it. I fixed a CD-ROM2 for you that you couldn't get fixed elsewhere and there were zero complaints from you. Go spread your lies somewhere else. You have done literally nothing for the community and your presence on shmups is a blight nothing more. You never have ANYTHING positive and all your comments are thinly veiled. You don't like my prices good for you. If your idea of a "good modder" is comparing to ebay, then yep you are right I charge more. I PAY taxes. I don't hide my income. Next time you want to make up lies about someone, try to actually have something to back it up!

This is the last comment you EVER sent me. Stop spreading lies!
fernan1234 wrote:Awesome to hear! Yeah, it definitely had a lot of problems before. It struggled with Super CD-ROM games in particular, and stopped reading all CD-Rs that it read at first. I'm glad I sent it out to you. Thanks again for all your help!

Cheers!

Mobiusstriptech

Oh and to make sure I am not misrepresenting. I charged $70 with him providing a shipping label to recap and calibrate his CD-ROM2. The same price I would charge anyone else for the same work.

And yes the SSDS3 has SD access noise when accessing the SD card. So does the Everdrive. And yes the difference is that you only hear it when the ROM loads. Since the Everdrive doesn't play CDs, yet, it won't have the same amount, but the point is that the noise is still there.

fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

Mobiusstriptech wrote:You have done literally nothing for the community and your presence on shmups is a blight nothing more. You never have ANYTHING positive and all your comments are thinly veiled.
OK, this is ridiculous. I'm not even a very active poster here, and besides my critical comments on the SSDS3, which seem to be your only focus, I generally post positive things--including the very same topic you're posting on. Not sure if you can view my posting history, but it should be very obvious. The onus is on you to prove otherwise about me being unreasonably negative about anything that is not the SSDS3 (or some Analogue stuff).

Mobiusstriptech wrote: This is the last comment you EVER sent me. Stop spreading lies!
fernan1234 wrote:Awesome to hear! Yeah, it definitely had a lot of problems before. It struggled with Super CD-ROM games in particular, and stopped reading all CD-Rs that it read at first. I'm glad I sent it out to you. Thanks again for all your help!

Cheers!
I'm not spreading lies, just posted a single comment based on my experience. I didn't want to go into details because it's awfully off topic and unnecessary, but since you're raising it and making ridiculous accusations, I'll address it. I sent that message simply due to being relieved to receive the CD-ROM2 back after 1.5 months since sending it in, and naively trusted it was fine based on your reputation and your claim that it was tested and "golden". It actually turned out to work worse than when I sent it in to you, failing to work with original discs, which was not a problem before. I didn't even bother contacting you again because I knew it would be pointless, and even if you had offered to work on it again for free I wouldn't want to wait over another month plus spending on shipping all over again. It's not that someone else couldn't have done it, I just trusted you were the best person for the job. You weren't. In fact someone else fixed it after you, for a fraction.

Honestly, that was a long time ago and don't really care any more. I was more bothered by the inaccurate claim of equating the issue of SD access noise on SSDS3 and on Everdrives, which are significantly different both in how loud/noticeable noise is at the same volume level and how frequent it is present, as you were just compelled to admit. Just accept that the device is still very flawed not only for this reason, which doesn't mean other TO products are bad. MODE sounds great. Now move on and "bow out" gracefully with your false sense of higher moral ground for real this time.
Last edited by fernan1234 on Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mobiusstriptech

If you were genuinely unhappy then any adult would have contacted and let me know you didn't. Instead you chose to flame me here. If you didn't want to send it back because you thought it was going to take 1.5 months to get it back, then you messed up. If there is an issue, I pay the return shipping both ways and if I couldn't fix it to your liking I would have refunded you AND given you a new drive. If you did send it back, you would have gotten immediate attention, because that's exactly how a REAL business works. I'm not going to make a customer with an issue wait. I address it immediately. But you didn't give me that opportunity. Instead you decided to make false accusations here in a sad attempt to tarnish my reputation.

One and a half months to get back a job is not uncommon at all. Especially when you sent in that CD-ROM2 during the peak of me fixing the SSDS3 board for everyone. I had literally hundreds of those. I was working 16 hour days and even ended up in the hospital twice over it. But please tell me again how awful of a person I am.

You don't like my comment that the everdrive has SD access noise, that's fine. It doesn't change the fact that it does. The point I was making, which you also overlooked was not that the everdrive constantly has the sound, why would it. It was the fact that as a device it ALSO has SD access noise. Giving precedence to the fact that all flashcarts very well may have SD access noise and WE as a group should be understanding of that fact.

fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

So it's not "adult" to not want to bother anymore and simply find another solution? Alright. I'm not going to keep talking about my experience with purchasing service from you. It wasn't an attempt to tarnish your reputation. I simply made a comment and then you dug out the issue. I specifically said before it was only my opinion and that I didn't want to go into details. After receiving the product in worse working condition, I simply decided to handle it in the way that seemed better for me. That's all there is to it, really. Doesn't any "adult" have that freedom?

BTW, I never got personal with you, never said you're "awful as a person". It's actually the other way around, with you literally saying my "presence is a blight and nothing more" here.
Mobiusstriptech wrote:t was the fact that as a device it ALSO has SD access noise. Giving precedence to the fact that all flashcarts very well may have SD access noise and WE as a group should be understanding of that fact.
100% stand against this. I think we don't need to be understanding of that "fact", because plenty of other products have shown it's not an inevitability. We can expect better because better has been done already.
Mobiusstriptech

You could have not made the comment and spared everyone this. Instead of trying to attack me personally, we could have stayed on topic and vetted what your real issue is. Or you could have not come at me in the first place if you didn't think there was any value for the MODE conversation. Since I wasn't attacking you in the least.

Mobiusstriptech

You've been refunded. Now we've never exchanged money for me to have ripped you off.

fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

Mobiusstriptech wrote:You've been refunded. Now we've never exchanged money for me to have ripped you off.
I was going to say that I appreciate the thought even though I didn't feel entitled to it nor was it necessary, but then I saw the message you attached. It's actually just a way for you to grandstand again while throwing yet another passive aggressive insult at me with the refund:
Mobius Strip Technologies sent you $70.00 TODAY
"Next time just talk to me like an adult. Here's your refund. "
Too bad I can't be "adult" enough for you to tolerate me expressing my personal opinion. Again, I never attacked you personally at all. It's funny because you have done so in this topic, more than once (blight, spreading lies, not adult, etc.). Anyone can read the posts, see your first post and how that started this whole thing, and make their own judgments. My "overcharge" little jab was uncalled for initially, but now I can't even regret it. There isn't anything more to say on this.
ApolloBoy

Post by ApolloBoy »

EDIT: NM
Last edited by ApolloBoy on Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
opt2not

Post by opt2not »

But I was enjoying this train wreck of a thread. It’s been boring these days. :)
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

ApolloBoy wrote:Can you two take it to PMs please?
That's what I suggested in the beginning but... anyway, sorry about all that. I think a lot of stress is going on particularly during these unusual times.

Back on topic, one thing I'm curious to see is how MODE will let users access the original disc/media player on each console. The GDEMU does it in a nice way. Though I guess we'll lose the ability to play discs anyway, including playing game discs as audio discs to hear messages on the audio tracks, usually telling you that this should not be used on a CD player and stuff like that. They're often funny. I guess we can always mount the disc image on our PCs to hear those, at least. If MODE had a way to mound discs as audio discs to play audio tracks, that would be amazing.
amerika

Post by amerika »

fernan1234 wrote:
Mobiusstriptech wrote:You've been refunded. Now we've never exchanged money for me to have ripped you off.
I was going to say that I appreciate the thought even though I didn't feel entitled to it nor was it necessary, but then I saw the message you attached. It's actually just a way for you to grandstand again while throwing yet another passive aggressive insult at me with the refund:
Mobius Strip Technologies sent you $70.00 TODAY
"Next time just talk to me like an adult. Here's your refund. "
Too bad I can't be "adult" enough for you to tolerate me expressing my personal opinion. Again, I never attacked you personally at all. It's funny because you have done so in this topic, more than once (blight, spreading lies, not adult, etc.). Anyone can read the posts, see your first post and how that started this whole thing, and make their own judgments. My "overcharge" little jab was uncalled for initially, but now I can't even regret it. There isn't anything more to say on this.
You are spreading an "opinion" by attacking somebody that did work for you despite giving them feedback stating they did a good job. And then never contacted them with any issues you had so they could potentially correct them. From my point of view, this is entirely your fault and your issue and just because you can throw out your "opinion" doesn't mean it's immune to criticism. Especially when you are attacking the reputation of people who drive future business based on that reputation. That's not just a not adult thing to do, that is straight up sabotage.

If you have an issue with something, you contact people involved and at least allow them the opportunity to make it right or understand the situation. And that is assuming there was ever a problem. You don't go to some forum X time later and then try to low-key sabotage somebody's business by telling people you had the exact opposite experience from what you actually communicated to them.

"Again, I never attacked you personally at all." The fact that you don't understand what you said/did just astounds me.

And please, get back to MODE talk.
broken

Post by broken »

never change Shmups, never change.
Todd of Retro Frog

https://retrofrog.net/
Arthrimus

Post by Arthrimus »

I wish someone would try to develop an ODE that doesn't require removal of the original optical drive. In my experience Saturn drives especially seem to hold up extremely well to this day and it would be nice not to have to lose optical disc functionality to have one of these ODEs inside your system. Surely it would be possible to integrate some sort of switching logic that could revert back to the optical drive when the ODE is not in use. This would be difficult with the Dreamcast due to it's use of a direct board to board connector, but the Saturn simply has a ribbon cable connection to the optical drive.
plus ça change,
plus c'est la même chose,
The more that things change,
The more they stay the same.- RUSH- Circumstances

I install and sell mods at arthrimus.com | SNES RGB Bypass+Dejitter available now! | Watch me live stream my work on YouTube
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

amerika wrote:"Again, I never attacked you personally at all." The fact that you don't understand what you said/did just astounds me.

If this is your take then you didn't read the whole exchange carefully enough. Please don't keep bringing this up, especially without paying adequate attention. If you or anyone else have issue with what was said in that off-topic discussion, please address it over PM. And yes, I already got back to MODE talk, until you brought this up again. Hope this is the last time.

Arthrimus wrote:I wish someone would try to develop an ODE that doesn't require removal of the original optical drive. In my experience Saturn drives especially seem to hold up extremely well to this day and it would be nice not to have to lose optical disc functionality to have one of these ODEs inside your system. Surely it would be possible to integrate some sort of switching logic that could revert back to the optical drive when the ODE is not in use. This would be difficult with the Dreamcast due to it's use of a direct board to board connector, but the Saturn simply has a ribbon cable connection to the optical drive.
This is what the Satiator will do (if/when it releases), which is why I'm inclined hold out a bit longer. Comparing the UI and overall user experience to MODE will be important though, as well as the price. I'm actually more interested in this for the DC right now, in spite of already having a fully set up GDEMU.
amerika

Post by amerika »

fernan1234 wrote:
amerika wrote:"Again, I never attacked you personally at all." The fact that you don't understand what you said/did just astounds me.

If this is your take then you didn't read the whole exchange carefully enough. Please don't keep bringing this up, especially without paying adequate attention. If you or anyone else have issue with what was said in that off-topic discussion, please address it over PM. And yes, I already got back to MODE talk, until you brought this up again. Hope this is the last time.

Arthrimus wrote:I wish someone would try to develop an ODE that doesn't require removal of the original optical drive. In my experience Saturn drives especially seem to hold up extremely well to this day and it would be nice not to have to lose optical disc functionality to have one of these ODEs inside your system. Surely it would be possible to integrate some sort of switching logic that could revert back to the optical drive when the ODE is not in use. This would be difficult with the Dreamcast due to it's use of a direct board to board connector, but the Saturn simply has a ribbon cable connection to the optical drive.
This is what the Satiator will do (if/when it releases), which is why I'm inclined hold out a bit longer. Comparing the UI and overall user experience to MODE will be important though, as well as the price. I'm actually more interested in this for the DC right now, in spite of already having a fully set up GDEMU.
I read the whole discussion and I quoted one of your last responses. You are now trying to bury this because you know what you said is incredibly wrong yet you are trying to paint it like I don't know what's going on by not "paying adequate attention". In reality, you want to move this to a PM because you are massively in the wrong and you know it. You are attempting to sabotage the reputation and the business of a person and that is uncalled for and downright dangerous fiscally.

Do not try to dress this up as I me mis-reading what has been said. I clearly read your intent and your words and the situation. I want this information to be perfectly visible and in the clear air, in this thread, where you started this so that what you said doesn't get taken seriously by anybody casually reading it. So this does not need to go to an PM. You wrote the words, now you get to be criticized for them.

However, you can PM me about this. How do you not think sabotaging a person's reputation and by extension their business by doing what you did to not be a personal attack (and it's more than just a personal attack as I've outlined)? I am interested on a psychological level what makes a person like yourself tick where you can rationalize that. So feel free to message me privately as it does not belong in this thread. But I am genuinely curious.
Arthrimus

Post by Arthrimus »

fernan1234 wrote: This is what the Satiator will do (if/when it releases), which is why I'm inclined hold out a bit longer. Comparing the UI and overall user experience to MODE will be important though, as well as the price. I'm actually more interested in this for the DC right now, in spite of already having a fully set up GDEMU.
I know about the Satiator, and that's the one that I ultimately plan to invest in, but it's still looking like we could still be many months if not years from being able to purchase one. If someone developed an internal ODE that manages to retain the optical drive, it would be a lot easier to persuade me not to wait for the Satiator.
plus ça change,
plus c'est la même chose,
The more that things change,
The more they stay the same.- RUSH- Circumstances

I install and sell mods at arthrimus.com | SNES RGB Bypass+Dejitter available now! | Watch me live stream my work on YouTube
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

amerika wrote:I read the whole discussion and I quoted one of your last responses. You are now trying to bury this because you know what you said is incredibly wrong yet you are trying to paint it like I don't know what's going on by not "paying adequate attention". In reality, you want to move this to a PM because you are massively in the wrong and you know it. You are attempting to sabotage the reputation and the business of a person and that is uncalled for and downright dangerous fiscally.
JC, I'm trying to "bury" this simply to not add even more off-topic posts to this topic. There's no mysterious evil psychology or sabotaging plot going on. There's a reason why I never mentioned this at all for over a year, it wasn't a big deal. Instead of asking mobius to work again on botched work I simply preferred to cut my losses and later asked someone else to fix it. That's just as valid as contacting him to potentially correct it, none is more or less "adult" than the other.

I wasn't sitting on this for over a year in some insane "sabotage" scheme. It just happened to come up after mobius came into this topic with an unnecessary and inaccurate defense of a device that's not even the main topic and was barely mentioned in a previous post. I can't even imagine how a single post and ensuing discussion in an obscure topic among all the topics in the shmups forums is going to have any impact on someone's reputation or business, so this is a gross exaggeration. Don't worry, he'll be fine.

Hope this solves the mystery for you and anyone else. Apparently a few got some entertainment out of the whole thing so at least there's that.

Arthrimus wrote:I know about the Satiator, and that's the one that I ultimately plan to invest in, but it's still looking like we could still be many months if not years from being able to purchase one. If someone developed an internal ODE that manages to retain the optical drive, it would be a lot easier to persuade me not to wait for the Satiator.
Preserving the original drive is also something I also really appreciate about the PSIO, in spite of its flaws. I don't think we'll see such a solution for the DC unfortunately, but it would be nice. Some people also complain about the Satiator occupying the video card slot, but it's nothing to just pop it out and plug in the video card whenever you want to play some Lunar (really the only game for which this matters).