New SCART & RCA RGBS>VGA scalers, SCART switch, etc

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
kitty666cats

New SCART & RCA RGBS>VGA scalers, SCART switch, etc

Post by kitty666cats »

https://diy918.world.taobao.com/index.h ... 7dbbPMf86K

Any of you guys familiar with this guy's TaoBao store? Perhaps known for his RGB>S-Video encoders for the MD/Gen 1 and 2 (similar to the old Micomsoft ones), the guy's been churning out some new stuff.

Interestingly, there also looks to be a 50Hz Famiclone on there, as well as yet ANOTHER consolized MVS. Just spreading the word and checking if anyone has tried this guy's stuff out!
fernan1234

Re: New SCART & RCA RGBS>VGA scalers, SCART switch, etc

Post by fernan1234 »

I remember seeing a video of the RGB>S-video converter for MD, and the resulting image didn't look great. Then again, I've never seen S-video look good from an MD using internal S-video mods, so maybe that console's non RGB signal is just cursed.

I'm actually curious to try one of those FC clones, but where's the 60Hz model?? It looks like it uses harvested PPU and CPU, with no FPGA voodoo, just the old board recreated with newer (and hopefully better) components.
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

fernan1234 wrote:I remember seeing a video of the RGB>S-video converter for MD, and the resulting image didn't look great. Then again, I've never seen S-video look good from an MD using internal S-video mods, so maybe that console's non RGB signal is just cursed.

I'm actually curious to try one of those FC clones, but where's the 60Hz model?? It looks like it uses harvested PPU and CPU, with no FPGA voodoo, just the old board recreated with newer (and hopefully better) components.
Fo' real, I hope that happens! The quick video of the Famiclone in action looks awesome. The screenshots of the SCART/RCA RGBS to VGA also make the thing look real nice (I wonder if it's just a very nicely disassembled/modded GBS board hiding in there, heh)!

The RGB>Svid video you saw is probably the same I saw, this guy who goes by 'The Chinese Guy' on YouTube was showing it off. Forget if he posts here, or the crtgaming Reddit, but I randomly dug up said video and checked out the Taobao store. Was shocked to see how much other cool stuff there was on there!
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

Actually looking at this again and noticing the chips, it seems to be using Dendy Russian clone chips rather than original PAL chips.

Then again, I wonder if it would be simply a matter of replacing them with original Famicom PPU and CPU chips, and changing the crystal.