Shippu Mahou Daisakusen / Kingdom Grandprix

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
EmperorIng

Re: Shippu Mahou Daisakusen / Kingdom Grandprix

Post by EmperorIng »

Race Mode

EmperorIng - 492,430 - 1-6 - Chitta - Mameplus 164

Working on getting the clear; won't be using any of the 1337 skills that Ako showed off in his run though. :oops:
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Glad to see another face here. What region? Japan?
Ako

Post by Ako »

EmperorIng wrote:Race Mode

EmperorIng - 492,430 - 1-6 - Chitta - Mameplus 164

Working on getting the clear; won't be using any of the 1337 skills that Ako showed off in his run though. :oops:
I don't think they actually work for Chitta. Her ship is very lightweight and not good at bumping. That's one reason her WR is only about 2m.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Yeah, bumping was a no-go for me because it just didn't seem to do any significant damage. I <3 Chitta though, so I can forgive her lack of girth in favor of a useful H-shot and decent shot damage.

Keres wrote:Glad to see another face here. What region? Japan?
Oops! World region; I don't know if there's any difference; it's the only rom that shows up on MAME. :cry:
Ako

Post by Ako »

double score glitch example http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x517yjc
Ako

Post by Ako »

I have found something major about this game for non-miyamoto characters by the way. Contrary to miyamoto's trying to win race 2, all the other characters should lose race 2 and go slowly, causing a few more 1k point enemies to spawn.

For honest john in particular there's a huge opportunity to gain points from the log carriers in the middle of the stage which miyamoto couldn't get. Because Honest John is heavier, you can push right on top of the log carriers and shoot them while holding the green weapon. This will cause all the logs to spawn right on top of you, and honest john will eat them all up instantly if you've activated the bump glitch, giving you 12,000 points per log carrier. This may be why HJ has the second highest WR, because I can't see any other reason why he would; his attack damage is shit and I still haven't figured out how you're supposed to fight the 2-4 2-5 or 2-6 bosses.
Ako

Post by Ako »

Ako - 1,330,403 - 2-2 - Honest John - Shumpmame 4.2

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/179531206

btw I give up. Image

Also during savestate research I got this score which is higher than the WR.

Honest John mainly gets it from the ships after the kobold tower boss because he can do a super aggressive bumping strategy which Miyamoto can't do. There's maybe 15k more possible score to get from a theoretically perfect run.
Ako

Post by Ako »

Ako - 1,636,235 - 2-5 - Honest John - Shumpmame 4.2 Image
Ako

Post by Ako »

Ako - 2,110,517 - 2-ALL - Honest John - Shumpmame 4.2 Image
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/182572650

140k off WR but I'm not gonna do that. I am gonna figure out chitta's WR now.
Dumple

Post by Dumple »

Dumple - 768,142 - 2-2 - Miyamoto - MAME 0.212 (Japan)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j3PE3KMrgM
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Feels a little silly adding a World score here, but why not! Play is play, right?

EmperorIng - 745,201 - 2-2 - Chitta - mame216 (World)

ImageImage
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/573312072

Video glitches out before I get to 2-2, but trust me. :wink:
I was worried because I didn't know for a while where that 1 point comes from. Well, if you get last or 8th place in a stage, it gives you one pity point! What a shame.

This run was me messing around trying to get a pb, and started poorly with 2 deaths on 1-2! Somehow I managed to pull myself together and cruise through the rest of the loop. The World revision shouldn't be too bad to get a 2ALL in.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

You're right, activity is activity! :wink: Welcome to the board.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

An improvement! Actually it's more accurately a "welcome back" to the board, since I had some scores posted above years ago (you can remove my old score on the leaderboard in 5th or 6th place). Not to keep you pestered but I am enjoying playing this game at the moment, even if an enemy randomly decides to ram into me, or another NPC pushes me into a boss attack (this has seriously happened more than 10 times these past few days).

Still, I improved my score by almost 100,00 and got to 2-4, meaning that I'm just that much closer to a 2ALL!

EmperorIng - 839,702 - 2-4 - Chitta - mame216 (World)

A Video of the Feat

Gotta love this game's pity 1 point for getting last place. What a slap to the face!
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

LOL, I can't believe I didn't notice you already had an old entry on the Chitta board. Thanks for pointing it out. It's gone now!
Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann »

So since the game is a race that takes notes of the best lap times I've been fiddling around with 1-ALL speedrun routing. Currently my best time is a total of 10:26.58.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/893856885

There's a bunch of obvious optimisations possible from even that route. I've been taking the post-boss segment of Cold Corridor much more conservatively than I need to for example. Think I need to test if Kobold is faster and/or safer than Ninja is for the final stage as well. The second orc ninja segment's the big killer; no safe spot in the fast scroll region.

There's still some experimentation I need to take. I'm suspecting that Vivian's homing shot is a better boss kilerr than Miyamato for starters. Her bomb's active for less time but also still clears the stage 2 pirate ship in one go, maintaining that time save. Chitta's rapid acceleration when you stop firing is also something to consider in addition to her F shot probably being even faster at boss kills.

So anyway, does anyone know if there's ever been a JP leaderboard or record of people taking note of their completion times? Would be handy to see if this goal's been chased before and have something to compare to.
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

Meriscan - 1,212,934 - 2-ALL - Miyamoto - MAME (Japan) vid
Mero

Post by Mero »

Shippu Mahou Daiakusen

Mero - 601,522 - 1-ALL - Nirvana - Astro City Mini V [Japan]

1 miss. 2nd in the ranking but way off 1st place, I made a mess of the first stage and never pulled it back.
Prickly Angler

Post by Prickly Angler »

Prickly Angler - 701,262 - 1-ALL - Miyamoto - PCB [Japan] : https://hiscores.shmup.com/photos/16611 ... G1375.jpeg

Realized I never submitted this score. This was done on raisonnable's PCB with him backseating me a bit (the tip on which final stage to choose was particularly usefull). Was surprized of how easy the game was for a basic 1CC. Definetely a very unique game that I'll need to explore more when I have a tate setup for the Saturn.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Updated; I also didn't realize the forum changes had broken the appearance of the tables. Sorry about that.