10 games I bought only for their soundtracks.

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Elrinth

10 games I bought only for their soundtracks.

Post by Elrinth »

In this video I playback 1 song from each of the 10 games I bought only because I knew their soundtrack had atleast one song I love.

Footage recorded on an OSSC for the Fm Towns, X68k, MSX & Super GrafX / Super CDROM2.
gscartsw is used the rgb systems.
GBA Consolizer used for GBA footage.
Analogue NT Mini for Famicom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkWavGbmCeo

Enjoy.
it290

Re: 10 games I bought only for their soundtracks.

Post by it290 »

Great video, thanks for posting. I think Dungeon Explorer II deserves a bit more credit though, that game is legitimately good and relatively unique for its scope at the time (along with its predecessor).
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
Elrinth

Post by Elrinth »

Yeah I guess I didn't give it enough credit :) If it's not the best game on the Pc-Engine it's definitely in the top 10. Atleast one more video is planned to make now as people seem to appreciate it.
Elrinth

Post by Elrinth »

Here's 10 more games with some good music (didn't buy these specifically for their music tho):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9uC7NZlUN0
it290

Post by it290 »

Haha, can't say I ever really gave much notice to Under Defeat's music—too entranced by the gameplay and the symphony of destruction it engenders—but it is pretty catchy when you turn down all the explosion sounds. That's the arrange OST right?
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
Elrinth

Post by Elrinth »

it290 wrote:Haha, can't say I ever really gave much notice to Under Defeat's music—too entranced by the gameplay and the symphony of destruction it engenders—but it is pretty catchy when you turn down all the explosion sounds. That's the arrange OST right?
The music you heard in my clip is from the PS3-game. You can use the old DreamCast/Arcade music if you want to by selecting in the options.
I wouldn't call it arranged soundtrack though, because afaik the soundtrack is all different.
it290

Post by it290 »

Ah, right, the "New Order" OST. I've predominately played the DC game (even though I own the PS3 release as well) and tended to just stick with the original soundtrack since I'd been so used to it. Sounds like I should give the new OST a second chance!
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

Worth noting that Namco X Capcom has a (very, very rough) fan translation.
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
Elrinth

Post by Elrinth »

https://youtu.be/fhu684Zk7yA

Third episoden is up.
it290

Post by it290 »

Surprised you put Bionic Commando on here over Rearmed — that one has a truly amazing soundtrack, this being my absolute fave:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyFLuTZnXpI

Also, your video reminded me that I need to go back and play F-Zero GX again. Has there ever been another game that conveys a sense of speed in such an exhilarating fashion?
Elrinth

Post by Elrinth »

I absolutely love Bionic Commando: Rearmed aswell, but it was never released physically. So that's probably why.
Simon Viklund did great in remixing the original tracks for the game. It's also a better game than Bionic Commando 2009 IMO.

I'll be sure to include it in a different episode. Maybe for a future non-physical games episode.
Elrinth

Post by Elrinth »

New video where I show 10 games with great music! This time, it's only MSX games! Lo and behold! :)
But sit tight, it's a rather lengthy video!... Almost 1h ._.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiitplkAUoI
Elrinth

Post by Elrinth »

Elrinth

Post by Elrinth »

ep 6 is up... this time I don't really show soundtracks but show actual games coming in 2020/2021 which I'm looking forwards to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1M0FxvQaX8
MX7

Post by MX7 »

Often playing a game is the worst way to actually appreciate their soundtrack. Some games (Ikaruga, Killer 7 etc) have a perfect synthesis between sound and other elements yet others (Gunstar Heroes, Bare Knuckle 3, Recca etc) are not bad games but benefit from the soundtrack being isolated and enjoyed on CD or LP. So many games I remember just booting up to hit the sound test menu (Vectorman!) Given this is the age of super high quality audiophile (lol) videogame soundtracks of record it's much more agreeable to just appreciate the soundtrack as a separate entity. Life is too short to play a non-agreeable game just to fetishise a single element. Just wholesale isolate the fetish object and spend more time playing good games!
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Part of the reason I bought a couple of the JP Sega Ages games was for their soundtracks (I heard they were in redbook), but also so I can play Space Harrier and ABII with the Mission Stick on a CRT.
lemans123

Post by lemans123 »

the game i mostly bought because of its soundtrack is killer instinct
Elrinth

Post by Elrinth »

This time I teach how to format 3.5" floppies on a modern computer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG_EIIkqwCs
DEL

Post by DEL »

Elrinth

Post by Elrinth »

Thank you for sharing that DEL! Very good songs in that soundtrack!

Here's my latest clip where I talk about my PVM:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzSp4BA6LMs