Micomsoft XCAPTURE-1 USB 3.0 Capture Unit

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
SixFisted

Re: Micomsoft XCAPTURE-1 USB 3.0 Capture Unit

Post by SixFisted »

FinalBaton wrote: Have you tried disabling the line-doubling in Amarec when in 480p?

It's too bad my psp is busted, I would have tested this right away
I took a peek through the various settings and couldn't find anything related to line doubling. Even looked at the device set up tab to see if I was missing anything.

However it does this in OBS and VideoKeeper 2 as well. I'm using 1.1.0.140.1 of Video Keeper if that in any way shape or form makes a difference.

Then again it also did the same thing in all the versions of Video Keeper I have as well. I would just call it a day and record in 480i, but losing half the frames and the image quality is really frustrating.

Edit: It even does this if I set the PSP to display at 4:3 or 16:9.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

SixFisted wrote:I took a peek through the various settings and couldn't find anything related to line doubling. Even looked at the device set up tab to see if I was missing anything.

However it does this in OBS and VideoKeeper 2 as well. I'm using 1.1.0.140.1 of Video Keeper if that in any way shape or form makes a difference.

Then again it also did the same thing in all the versions of Video Keeper I have as well. I would just call it a day and record in 480i, but losing half the frames and the image quality is really frustrating.
Oh, if it does this with all other capture software then maybe what I'm talking about won't make a difference then. I was speaking of the "Graph2(preview)" tab, there's an option at the bottom right called "Scan Line doubler", I wanted you to try and turn that off. ALso have "Deinterlacing" set to "Not use" of course.

If you ever want to give it a try, on the previous page I have uploaded my driver version (1.1.0.129.5) which has worked great for me. Unfortunately I have not tested 480p capture through it
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
SixFisted

Post by SixFisted »

FinalBaton wrote: Oh, if it does this with all other capture software then maybe what I'm talking about won't make a difference then. I was speaking of the "Graph2(preview)" tab, there's an option at the bottom right called "Scan Line doubler", I wanted you to try and turn that off. ALso have "Deinterlacing" set to "Not use" of course.

If you ever want to give it a try, on the previous page I have uploaded my driver version (1.1.0.129.5) which has worked great for me. Unfortunately I have not tested 480p capture through it
Filedropper isn't letting me make an account.

Which means I guess I'll try and figure out how to use drivers for the other devices on the X-capture.

Edit: I thought this was relegated to only my PSP. Turns out it's any 480p signal. Both my Xbox and Gamecube using 480p through component cables do the exact same thing!

I'll give it a shot with my PS3 and see if 720p gets in. Time to start digging.

Edit 2: PS3 component video is a no go. It again displays that it's detecting the resolution, but again I get no video and only popping audio.

I'm now starting to think this could be related to my laptop more than the drivers.

Live and learn.

Edit 3: You ever feel a warm wave embarrassment swallow you whole? That perhaps you overlooked something going on two or so years?

That one TINY thing may be the entire source of all your issues?

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls; I have been using the wrong USB port this entire time. Now I've gone from USB 2.0 to proper 3.0 and literally everything is working just fine.

Always double check your cables, friends.
SilverNano

Post by SilverNano »

Not sure if it's okay to mention here as im new but im selling my XCAPTURE-1 in retrogameboards.com Buy/Sell/Trade -section.

Edit: Sold :)
SavagePencil

Post by SavagePencil »

Looks like new firmware was published in September. Anybody given it a go? Did it restore 240p?

https://translate.googleusercontent.com ... tvrlJr8fnA
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

SavagePencil wrote:Looks like new firmware was published in September. Anybody given it a go? Did it restore 240p?

https://translate.googleusercontent.com ... tvrlJr8fnA
I, too, am curious about this. I'm also curious about the drivers FinalBaton posted! Could you possibly upload those again, Baton? I've had one of these capture cards sitting around for ages and am finally finding the time to use the dang thing :P
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Yes I'll upload them again! it's oo bad that upload site didn't work. Any suggestion for another upload site?
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

FinalBaton wrote:Yes I'll upload them again! it's oo bad that upload site didn't work. Any suggestion for another upload site?
I've had good luck with Google Drive, but it was something niche that I knew wouldn't hit some bandwith limit (English translated Dead of the Brain which mysteriously disappeared from the 'net, still had it on my hard drive and said fuck it)
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

Bumpity bump, I would love to try out these drivers that aren't gonna bork my laptop :P
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Ooops, forgot to upload earlier :oops:

Here is the driver, version 1.1.0.129 :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_9k2i ... 0UFwN4vs7x

It works great for me on Windows 7, but note that I haven't tested it on Windows 10.

Happy fiddling!
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

Thanks!!! Hopefully Windows 10 will cooperate, hehe
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

So it seems there are a few different arcade games I can't capture with my USB3HDCAP (I'm assuming the Xcapture-1 is exactly the same). I'm sure this is a known issue, but I can't find any discussions about it.

Most other games work completely without any issue, but off the top of my head, two games that don't work are Tetris The Grandmaster 2 (so presumably any Psikyo game on the same hardware) and Dead Connection.
They behave slightly differently, but I'm assuming the problem is probably the same. The former just freezes on the last frame it was able to get a picture, while the latter is able to occasionally show some of the picture (correctly) at the first few scanlines, but then shows nothing for the rest of the image.

I'm using the "Thrillness" drivers, which I believe is just the Micomsoft Xcapture drivers altered to work with the Startech hardware ID? On the games that don't work, the configuration window does show that it detects a 240p signal, but claims it's a straight 60.0fps rather than the exact framerate.

I was surprised because these games (or at least TGM2) worked perfectly which my PEXHDCAP which is also based on Micomsoft hardware, and I assumed they used similar technology.
Any idea if it's possible to make these games work?
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

Question: Does anyone happen to know the pinout of the 7-pin mini DIN port of the Startech USB3HDCAP?

I got my USB3HDCAP for very cheap, brand new, but it was a liquidation sale and it came with none of the original cables (it was an eBay listing a long time ago that accepted 'best offer', so even after going out and buying any cabling/that DVI-I to DE-15 dongle you need for analog RGB capture, it still ended up being far cheaper than other options). The only thing I'm taking a risk on is anything I attempt to use with that 7-pin mini DIN port, but I'm not super concerned.

I picked up a boring ol' 7 pin to female composite and RCA audio breakout, but I've proceeded to go on and amass some other shit for it. I found an old 7 pin to female YPbPr breakout in my basement that I found, but I also found this quite obscure thing online:

I've also stumbled across this, not particularly interested since I won't be capturing S-Video -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-7-Pin-S-Vide ... 3643391422

So, yeah essentially I was wondering if anyone knows if the USB3HDCAP mini DIN port may happen to have some special, unique pinout? Whether it does or not, I had an idea not long ago about how it could be really fun to making a custom female SCART breakout for that port!

I'm also putting this out there for the hell of it, I am not particularly concerned with finding out but it could be nice: if anyone happens to have the OEM breakout cables for that port and never uses them, I'd be willing to purchase them off of you!

If this is still a popular capture card amongst people who stream old consoles / strive for 240p video capture (that's initially why I bought it, but I'm not to worried about 240p. I know it's a hassle unless you have certain drivers, I can always scale shit externally / with OBS and make some tweaks in there)? If it is indeed still a quite popular one, I think a female SCART breakout for that port would be a super cool idea!
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Hey been meaning to ask you kitty666cats : did my drivers work for you?

I'll check if there's a manual with pinout diagram in my box but I don't think there is.
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

FinalBaton wrote:Hey been meaning to ask you kitty666cats : did my drivers work for you?

I'll check if there's a manual with pinout diagram in my box but I don't think there is.
I haven't gotten around to it yet! I recently picked up a old-ish desktop my uncle used to have, which I intend to use as a dedicated emulation / CRT Emudriver PC, and it has Windows 7 on it... I'm kinda leaning towards trying out your drivers on that sucker, instead! However, I first need to double check if it has any USB 3.0 ports or not :o
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Gotcha! know that this device works fine on USB 2.0 ports as well. I don't event have USB 3.o ports on my pc and used the card plenty of times.
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

I checked the paper manual and there is no pinout diagram for the A/V port in it.

Personally I always pumped RGB through the DVI-I/DE-15 adaptor that comes with the unit. the source being either an Extron crosspoint/MVX or a SyncStrike.
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

FinalBaton wrote:I checked the paper manual and there is no pinout diagram for the A/V port in it.

Personally I always pumped RGB through the DVI-I/DE-15 adaptor that comes with the unit. the source being either an Extron crosspoint/MVX or a SyncStrike.
Yeah, that's what I'm going to do most of the time, heh. Just curious about what I can & can't get the other port to do, like if anyone's tried RCA RGBS on the OEM breakout. Good to know that USB 3.0 ports aren't essential! Thanks!
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

kitty666cats wrote:Yeah, that's what I'm going to do most of the time, heh. Just curious about what I can & can't get the other port to do, like if anyone's tried RCA RGBS on the OEM breakout. Good to know that USB 3.0 ports aren't essential! Thanks!
I wonder if it works, to send RBG via the component leads.

Those breakout cables are handy for audio, so it's a good thing you got one.

The 2 dongles for AV port that come with a brand new unit are :

-one with : S-video, composite, audio left and audio right

-one with : Y, pB, pR, audio left and audio right
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

FinalBaton wrote:
kitty666cats wrote:Yeah, that's what I'm going to do most of the time, heh. Just curious about what I can & can't get the other port to do, like if anyone's tried RCA RGBS on the OEM breakout. Good to know that USB 3.0 ports aren't essential! Thanks!
I wonder if it works, to send RBG via the component leads.

Those breakout cables are handy for audio, so it's a good thing you got one.

The 2 dongles for AV port that come with a brand new unit are :

-one with : S-video, composite, audio left and audio right

-one with : Y, pB, pR, audio left and audio right
Ahhhh, from the photos I'd seen I always thought the two breakouts were just one for audio-only (to be used with the DVI-I), and then a massive one with audio plus all those different video inputs!
Sixfortyfive

Post by Sixfortyfive »

http://www.micomsoft.co.jp/xcapture-1.html

I decided to install the most recent drivers (from September) just to see what's different and I'm having this issue where the right half of 240p RGB signals is being cut off completely.

Is there a known fix for this? If not I can still roll back to my old drivers. Was just curious to see that there had been an update in the past year.
lilkuz2005

Post by lilkuz2005 »

FinalBaton wrote:I checked the paper manual and there is no pinout diagram for the A/V port in it.

i used my multi meter and poked around the pins on my composite s-video cable that came with my usb3hdcap, i could do the same for the component cables if anyone needs it, remember this picture is laid out like you would be looking at the ends of the cables, so it would be mirrored on the capture card https://imgur.com/a/sERPLha
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

lilkuz2005 wrote:

i used my multi meter and poked around the pins on my composite s-video cable that came with my usb3hdcap, i could do the same for the component cables if anyone needs it, remember this picture is laid out like you would be looking at the ends of the cables, so it would be mirrored on the capture card https://imgur.com/a/sERPLha
That would be awesome!
DasFool

Post by DasFool »

I'm getting the 100% CPU bug while using Thrillness drivers.

I can fix it temporarily by running the following commands in the command prompt:

Code: Select all

PowerCfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_PROCESSOR IDLEDISABLE 000
PowerCfg /SETACTIVE SCHEME_CURRENT
But it returns, seemingly randomly. Possibly more after waking the computer from sleep?

My desktop has a Ryzen 9 3900x and the power plan is named "AMD Ryzen Balanced". Is it possible that the fact that the power plan name isn't exactly "Balanced", the old fix in the driver doesn't work because it can't find the power plan to reset to?
gamerman

Post by gamerman »

Created an account just to get some help, as information on this device is scarce and all troubleshooting so far has been contacting people individually. (Would love a compiled google document with multiple contributors)

Anyways, I own the XCapture-1 Device and am capturing my N64 and all is well.. well, except for HDMI Passthrough. My current setup is Composite into the card (Through the S/Video adapter) and HDMI into my monitor, I have playback in Amarec but No Signal output on my monitor.

I've read things regarding HDCP but I don't really understand it nor do I assume that that's the underlying issue. I have also tried using an RCA to HDMI converter as my N64 output is in RCA, however the issue is video formatting where the RCA Converter keeps swapping between NTSC and NTSC433 and therefore the output is glitchy, with the S-Video cable I was able to change the video format in AmaRec to PAL_60 as shown here, though as also shown in the picture using PAL_60 makes PAL games hide "go under the view" and I am not able to see the bottom of the output, but I do not mind that as my main intent is to play NTSC and NTSJ games.

Nonetheless, I've been searching for a while for answers as the passthrough would not contain any lag whereas the software playback would, I'm trying to minimize the lag. I've just now tried changing my drivers to 1_1_0_141_5 but same results everywhere, my video output is my only issue with the device and would be very glad if anyone has a solution that does not involve spending 200 bucks on an S/Video to HDMI converter of some sorts.

Oh and just in case, here are my Device Properties and Graph Preview
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

HDMI out just passes through an HDMI input - hence the name.

You can't expect HDMI output from a composite input. For this to work the unit would have to have an built-in deinterlacing and scan converter.
gamerman

Post by gamerman »

Fudoh wrote:HDMI out just passes through an HDMI input
Well hence my RCA to HDMI converter won't really work and I've read that S-Video to HDMI converters don't exist, what options do I have? Without having to mod my N64.

Are there any S-Video to DVI or VGA converters? so I can then convert DVI to VGA.. lol

Or better yet, are there any RCA to HDMI converters that don't have video format issues?
strayan

Post by strayan »

gamerman wrote:I've read that S-Video to HDMI converters don't exist
https://www.retrotink.com/product-page/2x-mini
gamerman

Post by gamerman »

Looks great, however, do you know whether this converter will have the same issue as my current cheap RCA to HDMI one where it repeatedly swaps between NTSC and NTSC433? It happens on Everdrive games, my Japanese cartridges haven't arrived yet so I don't really know if it's an Everdrive only thing either.

If the issue does not exist in this converter then I'm all for purchasing it, but I'd rather be sure as it's quite pricey at the moment.
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

Double checked the pinout of one of the ElGato cards, and (unsurprisingly) workin' with the same pinout lilkuz2005 stated/documented earlier in this thread! :)

Still curious about the USB3HDCAP component breakout's pinout, and whether it's feasible to squeeze a certain few types of RGB signals into the 7-pin miniDIN port - seems PERHAPS possible with sync over luma or composite video, and then there's also the possibility of sync on green which would require even less tomfoolery!

I know there is no point as I can freely display some 15kHz RGB video game footage via the analog DVI-I input, but it would be a fun little project making a female SCART cable for the 7-pin miniDIN port. A LOT of people seem to end up losing their breakouts for that port, and StarTech doesn't sell replacements! Very clown-ish of them, bleh!

P.S. sorry if I've already asked, but does anyone know if the USB3HDCAP will pass audio over the DVI connector? I know audio over DVI is an extremely uncommon use-case, but I heard at LEAST a Micomsoft PCIe capture card will take audio in over DVI :o