PSA

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
mario64

Re: PSA

Post by mario64 »

ldeveraux wrote:
mario64 wrote:If I can help even one person avoid this happening to them I'm happy
That is the problem with your PSA. It doesn't teach us anything we didn't know already, especially considering you won't name names.
You know it but some may not. As I didn’t
bobrocks95

Post by bobrocks95 »

I'm still not quite sure what the takeaway should be either. I started with goods/services PayPal payments with my modder, but then as trust was built up I switched to gift payments to avoid the fee. But that doesn't even really matter since I pay after the work is finished.

The only thing I can really think of is do a lot of research on the mods you want done, and maybe ask your modder what they would do if a risky mod went wrong, or how comfortable they are with doing it?
PS1 Disc-Based Game ID BIOS patch for MemCard Pro and SD2PSX automatic VMC switching.
donluca

Post by donluca »

What I get from it is that the 32x might have arrived broken, maybe damaged during the shipment and the modder didn't want to take any responsibility and shipped it back as it was, otherwise if he tried to fix it and wasn't able to, he would have become responsible for the damage.

...or our OP might have tried to scam him by sending him a broken 32x, trying to blame the shipment and get a new, shiny 32x.

At this point all assumptions are valid since OP doesn't want to make names, which means that we'll never get to hear the story from the modder's point of view.
mario64

Post by mario64 »

donluca wrote:What I get from it is that the 32x might have arrived broken, maybe damaged during the shipment and the modder didn't want to take any responsibility and shipped it back as it was, otherwise if he tried to fix it and wasn't able to, he would have become responsible for the damage.

...or our OP might have tried to scam him by sending him a broken 32x, trying to blame the shipment and get a new, shiny 32x.

At this point all assumptions are valid since OP doesn't want to make names, which means that we'll never get to hear the story from the modder's point of view.
Sorry not gonna fall for your troll attempt. Nice try
Last edited by mario64 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mario64

Post by mario64 »

donluca wrote:What I get from it is that the 32x might have arrived broken, maybe damaged during the shipment and the modder didn't want to take any responsibility and shipped it back as it was, otherwise if he tried to fix it and wasn't able to, he would have become responsible for the damage.

Yes. The point was a warning to be careful. Check your modder's policies before doing business with them
Bratwurst

Post by Bratwurst »

mario64 wrote:Yes. The point was a warning to be careful. Check your modder's policies before doing business with them
This is useless because it's common sense application in all business dealings and transactions. Caveat emptor.

Additionally, any person can go back on their word, it's their track record that speaks for them, particularly when something goes awry.

Personally, I will sell goods I've assembled and tested to just about anyone but it's rare I work on anyone's stuff unless they're a friend or close associate, because I hold myself liable in such cases.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

We've gotten one side of the story and it feels like most details are being withheld. What legitimate reasons could a scorned buyer have for not laying it all out there other than there's something he doesn't want shared. I don't think it's "trolling" to surmise something fishy is going on here. Honestly, I'm on board with your theory until we're given something other than "this was just a warning."
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

There's always two sides to a story. Would be good if we had both sides of the story to compare.

That would be an even better lesson to learn and people can form their own conclusions
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

Just let this useless topic die.
mario64

Post by mario64 »

To those of you who feel my post was useless or common sense information please look elsewhere. This thread isn't for you
To those of you yearning for he said - she said drama please look elsewhere. This thread isn't for you
My purpose was just to help someone else avoid what happened to me by asking very specific questions to a potential modder before sending them your console.
Ikaruga11

Post by Ikaruga11 »

Thank you Captain Obvious. Can you tell us something we don't already know? kthxbye
maxtherabbit

Post by maxtherabbit »

I don't think this thread is for anyone