Darius Cozmic Collection [Switch, PS4]

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
FRO

Re: Darius Cozmic Collection [Switch, PS4]

Post by FRO »

I'm not hopeful they'll make the March deadline, but who knows. I did finally receive Ultracore, but still waiting on Vasara. It's pretty disappointing, how long these things take. Not sure why Limited Run can make these things happen, but Strictly Limited can't do so in a timely fashion.
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

FRO wrote:I'm not hopeful they'll make the March deadline, but who knows. I did finally receive Ultracore, but still waiting on Vasara. It's pretty disappointing, how long these things take. Not sure why Limited Run can make these things happen, but Strictly Limited can't do so in a timely fashion.
Limited Run has had their share of problems and a lot more experience.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
Kobayashi

Post by Kobayashi »

Cozmic? Without G-Darius? :roll:
steveovig

Post by steveovig »

I made the possible mistake of now pre-ordering the Arcade collection on top of the Console collection I pre-ordered a month or two ago. I hope I don't regret it, lol.
Sparkoids

Post by Sparkoids »

steveovig wrote:I made the possible mistake of now pre-ordering the Arcade collection on top of the Console collection I pre-ordered a month or two ago. I hope I don't regret it, lol.
You and me both then. They didn't make it clear that it would take months. Also I got Vasara from Play Asia (never again with the custom's duty to the UK) so why are Strictly Limited claiming it's an exclusive?
Special World

Post by Special World »

I didn't see a release date, so i assume it's coming out Feb 28th, as that's when the J version came out last year (i think?)
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

Sparkoids wrote:
steveovig wrote:I made the possible mistake of now pre-ordering the Arcade collection on top of the Console collection I pre-ordered a month or two ago. I hope I don't regret it, lol.
You and me both then. They didn't make it clear that it would take months. Also I got Vasara from Play Asia (never again with the custom's duty to the UK) so why are Strictly Limited claiming it's an exclusive?
It maybe due to their rights to publishing in a certain region. It has always been like that
CRP

Post by CRP »

Sparkoids wrote: You and me both then. They didn't make it clear that it would take months.
You missed it . There was info about release in feb or march cant remeber exact, i think it was on the main page were they listed all the diffrent versions and what was included in them or it was somewhere else.
Zeether

Post by Zeether »

Kobayashi wrote:Cozmic? Without G-Darius? :roll:
Probably a lot of effort for M2 and they didn't have the time. I do wish it was in though.
<Aquas> EDMOND DROPPED OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL TO SMOKE COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF OPIUM
<Zeether> shoe failed college again <croikle> credit feed
Loom1es

Post by Loom1es »

The following is an excerpt from the latest update on Darius collection release date. Hopefully all being well delivery to Strictly Limited could be last week in March then off for assembly and despatch thereafter. Looking at a mid April delivery (fingers crossed):

https://mailchi.mp/strictlylimitedgames ... eb-616616/

DARIUS - The master files are currently being QA checked by Sony and Nintendo. If no bugs are found, we will finally be able to start production. We expect the games to arrive at our new warehouse in roughly 6-8 weeks after the QA approvals. 
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

DARIUS - The master files are currently being QA checked by Sony and Nintendo.If no bugs are found, we will finally be able to start production.We expect the games to arrive at our new warehouse in roughly 6-8 weeks after the QA approvals.
None of their published or stated timelines have ever been anything close to accurate.
Look a their loose language... "currently being Q/A checked" ... "if no bugs are found" .... "start production" ...."arrive roughly 6-8 weeks"
It is generous to suggest the games arrive at their warehouse before May.
Then they have to assemble the limited editions sets.
So shipping in June, at the earliest.
Loom1es

Post by Loom1es »

Koa Zo wrote:
DARIUS - The master files are currently being QA checked by Sony and Nintendo.If no bugs are found, we will finally be able to start production.We expect the games to arrive at our new warehouse in roughly 6-8 weeks after the QA approvals.
None of their published or stated timelines have ever been anything close to accurate.
Look a their loose language... "currently being Q/A checked" ... "if no bugs are found" .... "start production" ...."arrive roughly 6-8 weeks"
I believe you will be correct in your timings. I think mid April is an absolute best case scenario if the wind is behind them and all lights are on green.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

Koa Zo wrote:

Isn't all of this already readily available in Japan? Is there anything completely new here that is has to be Q/Aed again, and they took pre-orders months ago how is it just hitting Q/A? There can't be that much translation needed here, but maybe I'm wrong.
prophetic

Post by prophetic »

This is good news for me. I've always been worried that SLG was pulling the PS4 version out of their ass. Not at least I know they got it from Japan, so hopefully no major bugs.
Dharmajones93

Post by Dharmajones93 »

So, I have a package arriving from Germany. This is the only thing it could possibly be. Does strictly limited just create postage really early or did anyone else get a tracking number this morning?
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

A new update turned up today. English text support added!
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

^JP Special Edition also got Darius Plus, Sagaia MD, and Super Nova with the update, making the list of titles on the grand menu ludicrously long. It's so awesome to see that a year after launch the JP version of such an obscure game is still getting proper support free of charge. I <3 M2 and Taito :)
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Then you are going to love the fact that they just announced a Cozmic Collection 2. No other info yet. G-Darius M2???? Make it happen!
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

!!!!!

BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I hope it will be "Burst"ing with quality.
ZaKa-tokyobassist

Post by ZaKa-tokyobassist »

I have a feeling this one might just be G-Darius, Metal Black and guess some handheld ports. Most of the Darius series as been accounted for with between the two current Cozmic Collections so I'm not sure why they are doing a whole ass collection with G-Darius being THE selling point. Rather it be just a single ShotTrigger release. Seems like Taito just doesn't want to release anything that won't be $80-100 edition instead of a modest $35-$40 digital release.

Is there any point in getting Dariusburst PSP when CS is basically that game but better and more feature complete?
PSN: tokyobassist
Fighting/SHMUPS/Run N' Gun/Action/Horror/Stealth Games/Arcade Racers/Rail Shooters/Gaming Lore
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I was under the impression that the original Burst was different from the AC and CS games (and I wasn't referring to a specific Burst game, though I would rather see one of the AC games over the PSP version).
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Metal Black > G Darius for me personally. There are plenty of console/handheld ports unaccounted for as well. Also DB on PSP is a different game from AC/ACEX/CS. Those are sequels, not upgrades.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

G-Darius ver.1 and ver.2 plz.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
ZaKa-tokyobassist

Post by ZaKa-tokyobassist »

I stand corrected. I guess G. Darius ver. 1 and 2 + Taito Legends 2 ver., Metal Black, GB Darius games, and Dariusburst PSP+Second Prologue would be ideal. At some point though I gotta ask, is anybody really dying to take resources away to put more effort into the remaining better entries to play the ZX Spectrum version or some other strange port for the sake of preservation?

I'll be honest. Mentioning the possibility of Metal Black alongside this second collection makes me sad we haven't gotten an updated port of Border Down for modern consoles. That's a game I would love to see M2 bring back to life. The scale of what G.Rev wanted might cost too much but I think M2 could whip something substantial yet faithful to the original.
PSN: tokyobassist
Fighting/SHMUPS/Run N' Gun/Action/Horror/Stealth Games/Arcade Racers/Rail Shooters/Gaming Lore
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

ZaKa-tokyobassist wrote:At some point though I gotta ask, is anybody really dying to take resources away to put more effort into the remaining better entries to play the ZX Spectrum version or some other strange port for the sake of preservation?
Yes.

Dariusgate plz! Make it happen M2!
(Amazon.jp preorder bonus confirmed) :lol:
heli

Post by heli »

"A second collection incoming"

Yes they are collecting again.
Split version 1 in 2 discs.
Then version 2.
CRP

Post by CRP »

btw https://www.strictlylimitedgames.com/ma ... e-updates/
Latest Update: 27. February 2020
Darius Cozmic Collection - Scheduled to ship in April.