Ketsui Coming to PS4 ?!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Piafoman

Re: Ketsui Coming to PS4 ?!

Post by Piafoman »

Hi !

For play in CRT, i don't know but for play in Candy Cab (Arcade), i use this:
PS4 Slim (Video output 480p) --> HD Fury Gamer 2 VGA (+ PSU require !) --> UVC Ultracade --> JAMMA

https://nsa39.casimages.com/img/2018/12 ... 441217.jpg

Amazing for me !

QUestion:
Have you menus system settings and other in english please ?
How deactivate the auto-save for replay after lose ?

Thanks.
garrz32

Post by garrz32 »

Piafoman wrote:Hi !

For play in CRT, i don't know but for play in Candy Cab (Arcade), i use this:
PS4 Slim (Video output 480p) --> HD Fury Gamer 2 VGA (+ PSU require !) --> UVC Ultracade --> JAMMA
This set up works without lag?
febas

Post by febas »

I've tried to connect meanwhile I was in the game but the joystick led 1 2 3 4 follow to blink like that the signal is not recognized. Do you try to plug a QANBA q4 RAF?

mycophobia wrote:PS3 sticks should work natively with Ketsui Deathtiny, as well as other M2 games.
FEB

Twich : shmup_feb

MUSHIHIMESAMA FANS!!
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

Does anyone know what the new update says?
Loom1es

Post by Loom1es »

febas wrote:I've tried to connect meanwhile I was in the game but the joystick led 1 2 3 4 follow to blink like that the signal is not recognized. Do you try to plug a QANBA q4 RAF?

mycophobia wrote:PS3 sticks should work natively with Ketsui Deathtiny, as well as other M2 games.
Hi, i connect my Qanba Q4 with a Brooks Xbox 360 to PS4 dongle. It works really well. How are you connecting yours to the ps4?
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

What's with all the recent ShotTrigger updates? Anyone know what they did?
CricketyJimit

Post by CricketyJimit »

Not sure, but seems like for Ketsui either replays weren't downloading or weren't playing correctly, and for the others it seems like a fix for wrong modes sometimes being displayed when reading the leaderboards.
febas

Post by febas »

Hi Loom1es,

I have tried to connect directly without Dongle, I guess that the stick was reconizigne wout. At the end I've just bought dongle Xbox3 to PS4.

I ve a question since that is the first time that i buy brooks converters. This dongle have are LAGLESS?

Tks!

Regards,

Antonino
Loom1es wrote:
febas wrote:I've tried to connect meanwhile I was in the game but the joystick led 1 2 3 4 follow to blink like that the signal is not recognized. Do you try to plug a QANBA q4 RAF?

Hi, i connect my Qanba Q4 with a Brooks Xbox 360 to PS4 dongle. It works really well. How are you connecting yours to the ps4?
FEB

Twich : shmup_feb

MUSHIHIMESAMA FANS!!
GSK

Post by GSK »

evil_ash_xero wrote:What's with all the recent ShotTrigger updates? Anyone know what they did?
1.01 had a few tweaks and bug fixes, a lot of stuff related to the pause menu not working under certain circumstances, an additional digit for the in-game play time counter, etc.

That update broke replays, so 1.02 was rushed out to fix them.

The non-Ketsui games got basic leaderboard fixes, iirc.
segasonicfan

Post by segasonicfan »

GSK wrote:
evil_ash_xero wrote:What's with all the recent ShotTrigger updates? Anyone know what they did?
1.01 had a few tweaks and bug fixes, a lot of stuff related to the pause menu not working under certain circumstances, an additional digit for the in-game play time counter, etc.

That update broke replays, so 1.02 was rushed out to fix them.

The non-Ketsui games got basic leaderboard fixes, iirc.
Does this mean the physical copy has these bugs on disc?
oh how modern gaming has gotten weak :( I remember when QA was actually a thing.
I design retro gaming add-ons and repair old consoles :)
My Website: Segasonicfan Designs http://www.segasonicfan.wixsite.com/retro
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

In Arcade Challenge, how do you unlock the red icon?
EDIT: just figured it out. it's anything below the arcade difficulty.
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Loaded this game up today and just now realized that the M2 ports have save state support. I guess I always saw it in the menu but never really bothered to try it.

In any case, I started looking at high scoring runs for inspiration and came across this stellar video from Pazzy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvxef_w5wl8

Don't know if he posts here. Can anyone explain to me how he gets a 44 chip count off of the first six enemy helicopters in 1-1? Whenever I do it I get 25, 30 tops. I suppose there is a technique that the player is leveraging but I can't quite understand what is happening just from looking at the video.
Special World

Post by Special World »

How's this compared to the 360 version? Extra gadgets and a training mode, right? Is it similar to ESP ra.de's port in that respect? Disinclined from double dipping but curious nonetheless.
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Special World wrote:How's this compared to the 360 version? Extra gadgets and a training mode, right? Is it similar to ESP ra.de's port in that respect? Disinclined from double dipping but curious nonetheless.
Lacks X Mode but IIRC has a new arrange mode with a new soundtrack by Virt, and does something differently to run at the correct speed (vs the 360/PS3 port running too fast).
Special World

Post by Special World »

How's the arrange mode? Less hot than X mode? Wasn't amazingly thrilled with the Garegga arrange, and the Dangun Feveron one sounded similar.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

There are two arrange modes. IKD 2007 Special (Ketsui 'blue label') and M2:s new Deathtiny mode. One new arranged sountrack + Basiscape arrange from PS3 & Virt arrange from Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label Arrange

IKD 2007 is a one loop mode that has omote patterns (mixed with some ura?) without suicide bullets and ends in the DOOM fight. Much closer proximity required for 5-chips, each life starts with 1 bomb and Panzer Jager's lock-on is faster. The chip-range change makes the game play quite differently especially if you use panzer jager.

Deathtiny has completely different mechanics from normal ketsui, too much to describe so covered better in earlier posts. Basically hyper system, some bullet cancels, score attack focus mode where you suicide all lives away by the end to maximize score. Like other M2 arranges you need enter a hidden hard mode state to get the 'real' game. It's the easiest to access in this one.

Afaik both of these are considered really good by most people. Especially if you dislike 2-loop games the IKD arrange can be a more focused experience.
Special World

Post by Special World »

That sounds lovely, actually. Added to the list~
BIL

Post by BIL »

I bought this to fund Shottriggers BATWIDER tbh Image
finisherr wrote:In any case, I started looking at high scoring runs for inspiration and came across this stellar video from Pazzy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvxef_w5wl8

Don't know if he posts here. Can anyone explain to me how he gets a 44 chip count off of the first six enemy helicopters in 1-1? Whenever I do it I get 25, 30 tops. I suppose there is a technique that the player is leveraging but I can't quite understand what is happening just from looking at the video.
I'm useless at Empty Locking, but fwiw, SPS also does this in the replay that's #1 on the game's internal leaderboard (Arcade Mode), getting 44 chips off the opening zako helis.

*CSI: Miami BGM*
Spoiler

So somebody, somewhere must know something. :wink:
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Just curious... How does this compare to the XBox version? I have both, but I'm not an expert on lag or arcade slowdown reproduction.
I didn't buy the physical of this one, due to the stupid "Death Tiny" crap cover. But I do have digital. :lol:
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

BIL wrote:I bought this to fund Shottriggers BATWIDER tbh Image
finisherr wrote:In any case, I started looking at high scoring runs for inspiration and came across this stellar video from Pazzy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvxef_w5wl8

I'm useless at Empty Locking, but fwiw, SPS also does this in the replay that's #1 on the game's internal leaderboard (Arcade Mode), getting 44 chips off the opening zako helis.

*CSI: Miami BGM*

Spoiler

So somebody, somewhere must know something. :wink:
Yeah. This is it. No idea how to actually do this on popcorn enemies.
man9child

Post by man9child »

Looking to pick this up.

Quick Question, does a PS3 stick work with this (and M2's other shmups?).

Decent PS3 sticks seem to be half of what a ps4 one is second hand.
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

PS3 sticks do indeed work on all PS4 Shot Triggers titles.
FRO

Post by FRO »

evil_ash_xero wrote:Just curious... How does this compare to the XBox version? I have both, but I'm not an expert on lag or arcade slowdown reproduction.
I didn't buy the physical of this one, due to the stupid "Death Tiny" crap cover. But I do have digital. :lol:
The cover is reversible, so you can change it to be essentially the art from the title screen.
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

My Hori PS3 stick worked great with the Shot Trigger releases, until the PCB got fried... :(
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

FRO wrote:
evil_ash_xero wrote:Just curious... How does this compare to the XBox version? I have both, but I'm not an expert on lag or arcade slowdown reproduction.
The cover is reversible, so you can change it to be essentially the art from the title screen.
Interesting. Thanks for the info.
man9child

Post by man9child »

scrilla4rella wrote:My Hori PS3 stick worked great with the Shot Trigger releases, until the PCB got fried... :(
What happened? Was it an issue with leaving the stick plugged in while the ps4 was in rest mode or something?
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

banjoted

Post by banjoted »

I imported the Japanese disc, but would love to see a Cave game get a digital UK release. Would definitely pick it up.
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

BulletMagnet wrote:Well looky here.
Fucking finally.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

I recently jumped back into my Ketsui to go ahead and get that easy Platinum trophy and had 3 questions.

1. Is there a reason my trophy descriptions are now in English?!!?!
2. Do you think when it comes out in the US, the rest of the game will get translated in a patch, or will we have to re-buy it in English?
3. How do I spend points to unlock the 4 pictures? It's the last trophy I need for the damn platinum. Does it just happen automatically or do I have to go into a menu to "buy" the pictures with the points?