I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
DaringSpino34

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by DaringSpino34 »

NMNB Hibachi in DDP Daifukkatsu 1.0:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF1h-B6YhOA
Kyuuky

Post by Kyuuky »

Mushi Arrange
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Rolling Gunner Original TRUE ALL Clear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obxgz3H9Ngo
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

goddamn! i can't even clear casual mode (i've come close though). Well done roo, congrats!!
"Just fire and forget" 1cc List
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I’ve only done casual mode.
DaringSpino34

Post by DaringSpino34 »

Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Ver 1.0: Omote 2-All Counterstop (99999999999)
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUQrI_QG1D0
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

DaringSpino34 wrote:Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Ver 1.0: Omote 2-All Counterstop (99999999999)
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUQrI_QG1D0
Absolute insanity. Bravo.
Jonst wrote:goddamn! i can't even clear casual mode (i've come close though). Well done roo, congrats!!
It's a tricky game learning to handle controlling the gunpod. I actually had more trouble with Deathsmiles for the longest time. However once repositioning the gunpod becomes more natural, and you're in habit of using the lock on shot for anything bigger than popcorn, it's really, really great to control. You shouldn't have too much trouble I bet, the way the gunpod moves around your ship is the same as with Type B in Akai Katana (except without lock-on auto aim).

Not gonna lie, I was about ready to give up. I had dozens of runs crash and burn with me losing massive amounts of bombs stocked in S4 and S5. If I didn't get to the final boss with all 5 lives or at least 4 lives, 3 bombs left, I didn't have the resources to safely take out the TLB, and the TLB itself is a very challenging fight where you could potentially screw it it up easily with an autobomb. Rapid cancelling out of Limiter Release (the red mode) with a bomb to quickly recharge Power Up is very helpful during the TLB.

Currently working on Expert - I'm not gonna be able to get a TLB clear I think, but if I really make good use of resources a normal clear should actually be doable, I seem to get to Stage 6 decently reliably. Had one nearly perfect run up to S5 where I got a touch distracted by chatting with someone and completely botched the run eating 4 hits in a row. >_>;
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

awesome work roo! ... i played the game a lot when i first got it, so feel comfortable controlling and positioning. I just seem to make stupid mistakes or panic bomb in silly places, so i don't have the resources at the final boss. I also stopped playing for a while but am getting back into it.

good luck with expert clear, i'm sure it won't take long!
Queen Charlene

Post by Queen Charlene »

i finally got the 1CC 2-ALL in DFK 1.5 Novice :mrgreen: (and my first CAVE 2-ALL)
84 hours of practice...
Spoiler
run was still overall pretty sloppy, especially in 2-5... lots of embarrassing deaths and auto-bombs. i'm still refining my strategies to each stage and boss... but i'm getting closer to the goals i'm trying to achieve for this game!

up next... 100 billions!
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Congratulations on achieving the 2ALL! I would like to get an 'official' 2ALL myself after the game denied my run as legitimate earlier, though I find myself playing 1.51 a lot just to skip the second loop entirely :lol:

Just get it consistent in time for shmup slam, now!
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Congrats on the Omote loop 2-ALL! It feels good taking down Golden Disaster for the first time, I bet. Are you planning on trying for a Ura 2-ALL to trigger Hibachi? I bet the extra points from that would get you closer to that score you're after. I still can't seem to trigger Ura loop yet, I get hit a couple too many times in Stage 5 still.
NegativeElectron

Post by NegativeElectron »

Cleared Mushi Futari Black Label on Original!

Did it on Mame 0.217 with low latency turned on. No missed up to Stage 4 with Reco. Finished with no lives left.

I need to practice stage 4 more.
Queen Charlene

Post by Queen Charlene »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:Congrats on the Omote loop 2-ALL! It feels good taking down Golden Disaster for the first time, I bet. Are you planning on trying for a Ura 2-ALL to trigger Hibachi? I bet the extra points from that would get you closer to that score you're after. I still can't seem to trigger Ura loop yet, I get hit a couple too many times in Stage 5 still.
yeah, that's the plan! that means i gotta narrow down my bombing and movement considerably. i'm still getting saved in some messy situations by auto-bomb, but every time it happens i'm like "welp, no Ura for me this time" lol.

i can still push at least 100 in Omote i'm sure, especially if i route stage 3 and 5 correctly... but i have a feeling that once i get to that point where i'm routing those stages consistently, i'll have probably already narrowed down my deaths/auto-bombs right then and there.

hilariously enough, literal minutes after i posted my 2-ALL, i jumped right back into the game to try again... and beat my old PB, but died at Golden Disaster again :x

also hilariously enough, GD + Hibachi isn't even what i'm scared of, since i practice both of those bosses all the time, just for fun... it's the goddamn tiger lily mazes :evil:
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

Finally! rolling gunner (casual mode) counting it as "i did it" because even casual mode is pretty challenging and i'm glad to finally clear it. The long road to original mode awaits.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Congratulations on the RG clear!
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

thanks roo! original is going to be tough, i can't get used to autobomb taking my whole stock and leaving me no safety net for tricky sections.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

There's a LOT of stuff that can be outright wide dodged or misdirected. The RS (blue) has the easiest time but the RX (red) has sufficient speed to pretty much do all the major misdirections during minibosses/bosses. The RA (yellow) has lower speed which means it can't do some of the wide dodges as reliably, but instead it can make small tap dodges and squeeze through stuff with good reaction timing. Learning what can be misdirected and exploited will help save some of your bombs.
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

thanks again! atm i need to identify the real problem areas and know original mode better than i do. My previous best is only into stage 4 with no resources and not enough score for the first extend.
Flobeamer1922

Post by Flobeamer1922 »

I just did eight loops and 12 million points on Vimana! I'd been meaning to get this score for a few months now, and I finally did it!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/545035165
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Sisters Royale coming in as the first 1CC of the year!

First time playing as Ode, who may be a bit OP, but cleared it on Normal with 564,200,050.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

Flobeamer1922 wrote:I just did eight loops and 12 million points on Vimana!
Holy balls, nice job.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Everyone's going nuts on Vimana loops lately. O_o

Jet Buster - Expert 1CC + EX Boss Rush
Prales

Post by Prales »

Last edited by Prales on Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Wow, fantastic! It makes me want to try Tatsujin Oh.... but I know that's a bad idea!
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Prales

Post by Prales »

Last edited by Prales on Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kyuuky

Post by Kyuuky »

Sturmwind EX hard
Leander

Post by Leander »

After many tries I finally cleared Danmaku Unlimited 3 Spirit/Normal. Hard mode is beyond my abilities at this point.
Next on the chopping block: Mushihimesama Original.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Ghost Blade HD, Normal, on my third attempt. Not a score even worth mentioning, but my second 1CC of the year.

The hardest part of that game is just finding a way to ignore all the translucent globs continually flying into your ship and focusing only on the actual bullets. It's a bit like those old 3D "Magic Eye" posters. If they just took those out, I'd have some interest in going for a Hard mode clear, but I find them so annoying I'm glad to just be done with Normal and put this one back on the shelf.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
OSUANDY

Post by OSUANDY »

I've been trying to beat Bullet Soul Infinite Burst for over a year now, and I finally did it last night. Still a lot of room for improvement, but it felt great to finally beat that last boss.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mDcSA9kGmo&t=27s