Psyvariar Medium Unit / Psyvariar Revision

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
EmperorIng

Re: Psyvariar Medium Unit / Psyvariar Revision

Post by EmperorIng »

Hope my post doesn't cause Maximo's scores to go ignored!

I want to give Maximo some company. And competition :twisted: To do that, I got a new personal best in Revision... One good run, then 40 total shit runs. Then, another good one... with a caveat. You can tell in the stage tally where I finally "gave up." God this game knows how to piss me off. Still, I have improved enough to trigger X-A right after stage 2, and even get the second X stage after 3.

I wish I didn't lose so many lives to Photon. I fuck up so hard during the fight and I have nothing left except rattled nerves for afterwards.

Pyvariar Revision

29,181,100 - EmperorIng - 132 - X-B - Yes

maximo310 wrote: I've played a bit of 2-D in practice, but in actual runs I've haven't gotten a chance to play it ( since my stage 1 PB is something like lv23/24 which I believe is insufficient for getting 2-D to show up). I'll have to see if can find a table that breaks down stage level requirements if there is one.

I kinda understand how harder stages will net more score, but I'm trying to find a balance between stage layouts/bosses so that I have enough resources for later stages ( especially for getting past x-b at the moment.
I'm tentatively switching my strategy to go to 3-B versus some of the harder variants for precisely that reason: I want to be able to actually survive far enough into the game to make it to the end (and Gluon, one day).

IIRC some of the stages are somewhat comparable in terms of what you get out of them. For a long time Bananamatic was getting pretty deep into the game while still playing 2-C if I recall. The score benefits might be outweighed by the survival challenge.

As for level 1, I should upload a video or something; I have a fairly hacky route to get ~26 by the end of the stage (24 is the requirement for 2-D). The main point is that your roll attack, if the button is rhythmically tapped, can let you speed across the screen faster than your default movement, and this lets you catch some more bullets (especially after the opening few waves with all of those lines of pink bullets coming down).
OSUANDY

Post by OSUANDY »

OSUANDY wrote:Here is a score I got a while back. I really enjoy playing this game. So hopefully I can keep improving on this.

Medium Unit (Steam)
18,645,480 - OSUANDY - 135 - 6A (Clear) - yes

Link to replay:
https://youtu.be/1OQtOKKOcDU
Can someone add my score as well?
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

New Personal Best!

Pyvariar Revision

35,135,200 - EmperorIng - 147 - X-B - Yes

I even have a video of it recorded. Watch some safe strategies, and check out my amazing wtf-luck dodges on 3-B's boss.

If only I didn't choke at the Graviton boss. This run went smoothly otherwise. I had my best fight with Photon yet, managed to have my best fight with CREK-G on 2-D, milking those late patterns I usually chicken out on (I still chickened out, only later). Even X-B went pretty well, all things considered. I just am unused to fighting Graviton, so when I got there I didn't have any strategies or tricks in place.

I hope I can repeat this great attempt!
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

All updated! That's some great activity here! :D

Finally opened a table for Delta as well. Keep the scores coming!
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
maximo310

Post by maximo310 »

Thats a nice score jump Ing. Finally got a little bit of time to play today, and got my first X-B clear on Revision

Pysvariar Revision (Steam)
29,056,500 - maximo - 134 - X-B(Clear) - Yes
Image - 1 - 2-C( Valley) - 3-B (Cloudbank) - X-A (Photon) - 4-A (Factory) - X-B (Graviton)

Played it pretty safe after X-A; X-B boss went pretty well since I figured out how to misdirect some of his attacks for better survival ( the second attack with the blue/green spread & red aimed streams, and especially the fourth with the orange spread mixed with fast purple spreads w/ bigger gaps).

I really need to check out Ing's stage 1 pb vid , and learn 2-D, since I can get to it on delta, but my survivalbility on the stage is not good enough yet.
maximo310

Post by maximo310 »

Wanted to wait under I got an improvement, but here you go:

Psyvariar: Medium Unit (Steam)
24,015,120 - maximo - 168 - 6-B (Clear) - Yes

Replay here: https://youtu.be/3MbMys7Xjes

Route used:Route used: 1(Earth) - 2-C (Valley) - 3-B (Cloudbank) - 4-D (Colony) - 5-B (Photon) - 6-B (Gluon)

Decided to experiment with the harder paths, which weren't too bad in this iteration. I even had a ton of bombs for this babby version of Gluon, so I used them up during the fight to get additional graze at the end. Maybe I'll go for 25 mil eventually.

Psyvariar: Revision
33,285,400 - maximo - 151 - X-B(Clear) - Yes

Route used: 1(Earth) - 2-C (Valley) - 3-B (Cloudbank) - X-A(Photon) - 4-B (Deep Space) - 6-B (Graviton)

Didn't get a replay for this ( or beat Ing's PB yet), but got another X-B clear over 30 million this time. I decided to go for 4-B in this run versus 4-C (Colony) since I'm not entirely consistent at dealing with that stage yet ( or 2-D). Had one death early on Deep Space, but thankfully it didn't impact my score too much, & was able to graze a bit more with Gluon.

Edit (02.05.2020)

Got a pb in Psyvariar Delta
32,552,700 - maximo - 148 -X-B -Yes
1(Earth) - 2-C (Valley) - X-A(Photon) - 3-B (Cloudbank) - 4-B (Deep Space) - 6-B (Graviton)

Messed up on Graviton's second phase.
maximo310

Post by maximo310 »

26,840,790 - maximo -205 - 6-B(Clear) - Yes

Replay here: https://youtu.be/wydbU0Fu9uM

Psyvariar Revision
36,849,500 - 159 - X-B(Clear) - Yes

Finally beat Ing's PB on Revision :twisted: with another X-B clear (better grazes on bosses & last stage). Only 4 levels away from unlocking X-C to my route....
I'll see if I can get the next Revision run recorded; OBS had an error while recording this one so no footage ;-;

Also, feel free to update the Delta table with my new 32 mil PB on my previous post.
maximo310

Post by maximo310 »

31,802,840 - maximo -242 - 6-B(Clear) - Yes

Got 31.8 million thanks to improved grazing strats & trying out 5-C (Graviton). Got more points on the stage thanks to more windmill guys, but somehow died to the last enemy formation before the boss & died once more on the boss. Played it safe on 6-B, although I was able to get a point blank in Gluon last spiral attack before he died. I have achieved my 30 mil goal & am uploading the replay for that one ( maybe I will try the og mu ship to see if I can get anything comparable, otherwise maybe its worth noting what ship type was used in this version).

Replay here: https://youtu.be/fB9QHW4E13o

Psyvariar Revision
42,647,300 - maximo - 191 - X-C(Clear) - Yes

Replay here: https://youtu.be/Jo6Jqv0c6hE

Was messing around with X-C briefly in practice & did some runs yesterday. Despite taking a death in X-A, I decided to keep on going & made it to X-C again with 1 life, 1 bomb. Even though I used up those two resources, Weakboson felt easier compared to Graviton given how this attempt cleared despite it being my first time facing him.

From here, I'll be looking into more profitable lvup routes, & refining my strats, since I imagine the next step up (X-D clear with Gluon) is going to take a while to reach. I'll probably still post some score updates in between reaching that goal, but for now, X-C clear feels pretty good for around a month's worth of playtime.

Edit (2.16.2020)
Psyvariar Delta
38,371,700 - maximo -177 - X-C - Yes ( 2nd score place in the pic)

Tried out a quick cred of Delta; almost got to the boss, but unfamilarity w/ the stage cost me my resources.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Some big PB's to share!

Pyvariar Revision (Steam)
43,632,300 - EmperorIng - 193 - X-C - Yes

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/553845706

I finally smashed through the 40m barrier in Psyvariar! I got really lucky with RNG with Photon and Graviton; sometimes their spread attacks (where they belch pink and blue bullets, respectively) can totally overwhelm. I wonder if there is a way to misdirect them?

I played it safe with the 3-B boss, because he would give me an unneccessary death more often than not. I gritted my teeth fighting Graviton with almost no resources, and I thankfully pulled through. I proceeded to play very cautiously and in a sloppy manner in 4-B, because I was not very familiar with the stage or routing yet (this goes for everything past X-B). I killed the boss waaay too fast because I wasn't aware its health would go down so quickly. I didn't make it far into X-C, but I was pretty happy all around. I have a lot of improvement to do if I want to get to the 218 level requirement for X-D.

I was so amped up from my success last night that I went ahead and started messing around in Psyvariar Delta for fun... and what do you know:

A X-C clear of Psyvariar Delta!

I decided to use the new ship/char, Blanche, and have denoted that in my post. Is this sufficient?

Pyvariar Delta (Steam)
47,631,000 - EmperorIng - 206 - X-C (Clear: Blanche) - Yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqjAPQfaYpM

Blanche is definitely easier to play as since her (his?) attacks, particularly the sword, can shred through tough foes (getting up close and personal to the IU's with its sword is a surefire way to annihilate their health). That being said, I didn't realize until too late how close I was to an X-D clear! If I had taken things a bit more seriously I would have gotten the requirement... Blanche also upgrades at a different rate than the other ships (often upgrading earlier); probably to compensate for the fact that Blanche is a multidirectional mech with a melee attack, ha.

I'm glad I recorded my run since there doesn't seem to be much Delta, let alone Delta/Blanche footage on youtube.

EDIT: OUTDATED SCORES
Spoiler
Pyvariar Revision (Steam)
38,905,900 - EmperorIng - 175 - 4-C - Yes
Video

Despite choking at the 3-B boss "miracle spot," I soldiered on and finally got a Graviton kill, my first ever. I got too greedy with 4-C, picking it because I wanted to try and beat maximo's 42 million score quickly... Well that backfired, but I still have a new best.

Speaking of Delta, I've been thinking of posting some Blanche scores, but I don't know the best way to denote using the all-new Blanche character in Psyvariar.
maximo310

Post by maximo310 »

Big update below

Psyvariar: Medium Unit

Axion-u
21,386,890 - maximo - 171- 6-B(Clear) -Yes - https://youtu.be/FSUnhnJDHqs

Axion-r
48,155,660 - maximo - 362 - 6-B(Clear) - Yes- https://youtu.be/FSUnhnJDHqs

Blanche:
35,605,830 - maximo - 326 - 6-B (Clear) -Yes - https://youtu.be/n60WBTjaSsU ( partial recording from 3-B onwards)

Psyvariar Revision (Axion-r):
56,546,600 - maximo - 241- X-D - Yes - https://youtu.be/GBLFOzbRVIM

Psyvariar Delta (Axion-R):
48,103,700 - maximo - 208 - X-C(boss) - Yes - https://youtu.be/BjCdwtJcsJQ (partial recording from X-A onwards)

Still working on improvements based on replays & strats I've seen in the last month.

Medium Unit: There's one guy on YT who posted a 78 mil & 79 mil run w/ axion R, so I've been incorporating his routes into my runs. The other nice bonus is that a large number of strats can be incorporated into Blanche (besides some boss patterns which are difficult to start shield chains due to no short bombs).
Revision: I've made it to Gluon on a few occasions, got through one attack cycle on a 53 mil run I had a week or two ago but decided to slightly refine scoring routes so that I could get the power upgrade @ lv 256 + 1 bomb at the end. Just need more consistency on X-B boss & X-C/X-D routes. This includes a full milk of photon (X-A boss) & a few new strats ( keeping the 4-C boss alive a bit longer, short bomb on X-C' boss second pattern when he's low on health).
maximo310

Post by maximo310 »

I have taken over the old score thread; new topic can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66695