Space invaders Invincible Collection

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Wittischism

Space invaders Invincible Collection

Post by Wittischism »

Anyone else preorder this? Just bit the bullet on the Famitsu DX edition. My holiday present to myself lol expensive but Exclusive board game, space invaders dishes and more, plus the game. I mean, all time classic game
davyK

Re: Space invaders Invincible Collection

Post by davyK »

I still love Space Invaders. Collecting different versions is a bit of a weakness of mine.

Looking at the game lineup though I think I have most of those between all the compilations I own..

I don't own a current gen console yet either so unlikely I'll be dipping!
Wittischism

Post by Wittischism »

Just this week, they announced that it will have a version of SI Gigamax, only a four player version, though. The special edition also has ports of Space Cyclone and Lunar Rescue.

Having a switch, even though I don’t always play stgs on the go, the switch has a fantastic selection. Having an easy solution for great retro games in hd is wonderful. I play old games way more than any new AAA ones anymore.
Mortificator

Post by Mortificator »

I've never heard of Lunar Rescue before! It looks cool, I'll have to give it a try. The classic invaders only seem to show up in attract mode, though.
RegalSin wrote:You can't even drive across the country Naked anymore
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

Wittischism wrote:Just this week, they announced that it will have a version of SI Gigamax, only a four player version, though. The special edition also has ports of Space Cyclone and Lunar Rescue.

Having a switch, even though I don’t always play stgs on the go, the switch has a fantastic selection. Having an easy solution for great retro games in hd is wonderful. I play old games way more than any new AAA ones anymore.

Im with you. Don't know if its my age now, but I can't get into RPG's anyone. Used to love them , especially JRPG's. Cant' get into the open world stuff either. But give me the Pskiyo Collection on Switch and I'm all over it. Give me the Genesis Mini and I'll be on it having the time of my life.
Wittischism

Post by Wittischism »

Gamer707b wrote:
Wittischism wrote:Just this week, they announced that it will have a version of SI Gigamax, only a four player version, though. The special edition also has ports of Space Cyclone and Lunar Rescue.

Im with you. Don't know if its my age now, but I can't get into RPG's anyone. Used to love them , especially JRPG's. Cant' get into the open world stuff either. But give me the Pskiyo Collection on Switch and I'm all over it. Give me the Genesis Mini and I'll be on it having the time of my life.

I have a Mega SG. One step better than the mini. I absolutely love it. Should look into it if you have your Genesis carts still. Even if not, since flash carts work and there is even an unofficial first party jailbreak that lets you do more without a flashcart.
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

Wittischism wrote:
Gamer707b wrote:

I have a Mega SG. One step better than the mini. I absolutely love it. Should look into it if you have your Genesis carts still. Even if not, since flash carts work and there is even an unofficial first party jailbreak that lets you do more without a flashcart.
Yea, I have heard that the Mega SG is the best way to play Genesis carts. I do have a bunch of Genesis games and use my OG Genesis. I'll probably eventually get an SG. I just have a shit ton of consoles that I hardly use these days, except for a few.
Wittischism

Post by Wittischism »

https://www.destructoid.com/get-your-pe ... 7170.phtml

New trailer. Both versions will include Arkanoid vs Space Invaders.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I'm surprised they got Arkanoid vs. Space Invaders for the DX edition. Because that happens to be my personal favorite smartphone game. I'm a bit peeved they don't have Extreme 2 or Infinity Gene, though.
silvergunner

Post by silvergunner »

I did pre-ordered this (normal version) because of the even better pc/steam version
of SI Extreme.Space Invaders was the very first console game (Atari VCS)in roundabout 1979/80
i owned. After 40 years in gaming shmups (now I turned 51 :lol: ) this will be a "special" item to me.
I don`t need the SE collectors edition,though!
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

Can anyone offer clarity on the baffling array of Amazon Japan choices?
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
Wittischism

Post by Wittischism »

brentsg wrote:Can anyone offer clarity on the baffling array of Amazon Japan choices?
I believe...

The 4980 version is just the game, the 18,480 version is the special edition with all of the swag listed in that one pic, with the board game, cards, etc. The 26,180 version I have heard called the Famitsu DX pack. It includes all of the SE swag, plus a set of actual nice collector dinner plates. You can swipe to a second pic on that listing to see an example of what style the plates might look like. Idk if we will find out what they look like before release.

I see two listings for the SE, but I can't tell if there is a difference between those...
blossom

Post by blossom »

Does anyone know why Taito seems against the idea of giving Infinity Gene another release? My only guess is somehow there are music licensing issues.
qmish

Post by qmish »

blossom wrote:Does anyone know why Taito seems against the idea of giving Infinity Gene another release? My only guess is somehow there are music licensing issues.
Weird, i recall OST being made by Zuntata, which is under Taito. There should be still some Infinity Gene tracks in newest Groove Coaster version, anyone knows?
blossom

Post by blossom »

That was purely a guess based on games like Alan Wake being pulled from digital services for musical reasons. Maybe it's more simple and they don't see a point in Infinity Gene on this collection which would make me sad.
Mortificator

Post by Mortificator »

Space Invaders '95 is a pretty significant omission as well.
RegalSin wrote:You can't even drive across the country Naked anymore
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

Wittischism wrote:
brentsg wrote:Can anyone offer clarity on the baffling array of Amazon Japan choices?
I believe...

The 4980 version is just the game, the 18,480 version is the special edition with all of the swag listed in that one pic, with the board game, cards, etc. The 26,180 version I have heard called the Famitsu DX pack. It includes all of the SE swag, plus a set of actual nice collector dinner plates. You can swipe to a second pic on that listing to see an example of what style the plates might look like. Idk if we will find out what they look like before release.

I see two listings for the SE, but I can't tell if there is a difference between those...
I tried to use Google Translate to figure out the differences between the two versions of the special edition. I wasn't able to accomplish anything.
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

Anyone knows the games that will be included in the collector and omitted int the regular one??
velo

Post by velo »

Phellan Wolf wrote:Anyone knows the games that will be included in the collector and omitted int the regular one??
I assume the official site would know best: https://spaceinvaders.jp/SIIC/titles.html

So: Space Invaders DX, Space Cyclone, and Lunar Rescue are the Special Edition exclusives, if I'm understanding correctly
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

velo wrote:
Phellan Wolf wrote:Anyone knows the games that will be included in the collector and omitted int the regular one??
I assume the official site would know best: https://spaceinvaders.jp/SIIC/titles.html

So: Space Invaders DX, Space Cyclone, and Lunar Rescue are the Special Edition exclusives, if I'm understanding correctly
Yup already find out those were the games in the special edition.
The game comes out this week. Eagerly awaiting for a prompt review/opinion to see if the package is really worthy.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Man, with the country on lockdown I'll be lucky to get mine by May...

UUGGHH!
heli

Post by heli »

I have space invaders on PS2, and i dont see it in here.
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

It just me or the special edition of the game has already risen up in price 2000¥ at amazon japan :shock:
Wittischism

Post by Wittischism »

Phellan Wolf wrote:It just me or the special edition of the game has already risen up in price 2000¥ at amazon japan :shock:
I think it's just you. On play asia, the more expensive edition got a discount, from $300 to $270. My personal guess is because it wasn't selling for that price. The $200 edition had been back in stock, it seems the same as the other, except it's missing an original sticker and the set of six dinner plates in the 'luxurious' box lol

Stock is pending arrival still. Hope it's not delayed too much.
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

Wittischism wrote:
Phellan Wolf wrote:It just me or the special edition of the game has already risen up in price 2000¥ at amazon japan :shock:
I think it's just you. On play asia, the more expensive edition got a discount, from $300 to $270. My personal guess is because it wasn't selling for that price. The $200 edition had been back in stock, it seems the same as the other, except it's missing an original sticker and the set of six dinner plates in the 'luxurious' box lol

Stock is pending arrival still. Hope it's not delayed too much.
You are right, I thought that the launch price for the LE was 16480¥, but researching just a bit and I was wrong and was above 18k.
Anyway looks like the pandemic is affecting everything.
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

I keep looking at this and still can't figure out the difference between 1 and 2 for the special edition on Amazon Japan (speaking of the 2 ~18k yen versions).

I'd like to find someone that has the DLC code version on hand but haven't seen one pop up yet.

I have the DX item from Darius.. but can't see forking out nearly $300 to keep that nonsense going.
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

brentsg wrote:I keep looking at this and still can't figure out the difference between 1 and 2 for the special edition on Amazon Japan (speaking of the 2 ~18k yen versions).

I'd like to find someone that has the DLC code version on hand but haven't seen one pop up yet.

I have the DX item from Darius.. but can't see forking out nearly $300 to keep that nonsense going.
I think that the first one comes with a sticker or something that was a gift for preorders. Seeing the low sales I would like it to drop in price soon :oops:
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Standard edition arrived from Amazon Japan. Emulation/ports seem solid so far (emulation done by Gotch, telling from credits), though Arkanoid vs. Space Invaders is a separate code and, as far as I can tell, can only be played via the touch screen in handheld mode. It also appears to be tate only.

Edit: Played more Arkanoid vs. Space Invaders. One oddity is that it has full English text, rather than partial English text like the rest of the collection.
Wittischism

Post by Wittischism »

BrianC wrote:Standard edition arrived from Amazon Japan. Emulation/ports seem solid so far (emulation done by Gotch, telling from credits), though Arkanoid vs. Space Invaders is a separate code and, as far as I can tell, can only be played via the touch screen in handheld mode. It also appears to be tate only.

Edit: Played more Arkanoid vs. Space Invaders. One oddity is that it has full English text, rather than partial English text like the rest of the collection.
Is it Tate mode only? I haven't used my standard joycons at all since I purchased hori split pad pros. If it's touchscreen though I suppose it doesn't matter lol

The DX version is still pending stock arrival to ship out for orders. I ordered it on Release day when it had temporarily dropped to $270. I hope it gets another drop. $300 is just too steep.

Edit: they must have checked them in within the last hour or two. Says in stock now. Tracking number soon, hopefully!
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Arkanoid vs. Space Invaders is a mobile port and it's tate only and touchscreen only.