Looking for old avoidance doujin game

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
sllypper

Looking for old avoidance doujin game

Post by sllypper »

Hey, everybody!

Almost 10 years ago I downloaded and played a japanese doujin game that let's you choose a pattern to play and it would time you. I looked for it again but I can't find it. I don't remember its name, but I have a recollection of it.
The game had like 60-150 patterns, you couldn't shoot, but you could bomb. You could also config how many bombs you had. The bullets looked great, like bullets from a full game. The game also came with its source code in C. It doesn't look like a full fledged game, but a freeware side-project thing.
It's not Siroi Danmakukun. The game looks way better than it artwise, but maybe lower resolution.

Does somebody know what game this is?
Thank you so much!
wiNteR

Re: Looking for old avoidance doujin game

Post by wiNteR »

I remember that too (if it is the same game), but I don't remember the name either. The patterns were loosely based upon various boss patterns (from a number of Cave games).
MaXXX

Post by MaXXX »

YGS2000

Didn't run well on Win10 last time I tried it but i don't think I really tried much to make it work
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Seems to be a live download here.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
sllypper

Post by sllypper »

MaXXX wrote:YGS2000

Didn't run well on Win10 last time I tried it but i don't think I really tried much to make it work
YES! THAT'S THE ONE! I recognized its name! Thank you so much!

I'm on linux either way, but I'll try making it work. If everything fails, It still has its source code for me to play with.
CStarFlare wrote:Seems to be a live download here.
Got it! Thanks!

EDIT: It worked great on Wine! Fullscreen is borked but a simple ALT+Enter fixed it, and some japanese fonts are missing, but the game runs perfectly.
Thanks again MaXXX and CStarFlare!