The History of Sunsoft

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
6t8k

Re: The History of Sunsoft

Post by 6t8k »

BIL wrote:Gimmick! is a strong contender for best game of the Famicom's best and still world-class genre, the sidescrolling action/platformer. SUPER STRONG RECOMMEND. Stick a time limit on and chop the extend rate, and it could go straight into a cab.
Dictum ac factum! Image

Loco citato:

BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

I 1CC'd Galaxy Fight recently. It's... very average. Not great. It probably plays a lot better vs another player, but against an AI, your normals struggle to come out of blocking to punish attacks, it's weird. However, I discovered you can cancel blocking by double-tapping forward to do a dash. With dash cancelling, you can much more quickly attack out of guard it seems. Against the CPU, they all have very obvious patterns you can exploit such as getting away from Juri to lure her into running into air heavy attacks, or bait Rolf / Kazuma into doing their dashing versions of their shoryuken style attacks (which take forever to recover and can be punished by dash attacking as they're landing).

Felden's a jerk, but apparently all it takes to kill him is turtling until he does an elbow drop, then quickly dash cancelling your guard and using your fastest melee to punish. Spamming it in his face repeatedly works alarmingly well for what is supposed to be a final boss.

The rabbit from Trip World also appears as the second-last boss. Reminds me I need to play that Sunsoft platformer, it looks like a good Game Boy game.
Gazimaluke

Post by Gazimaluke »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:The rabbit from Trip World also appears as the second-last boss. Reminds me I need to play that Sunsoft platformer, it looks like a good Game Boy game.
Both Galaxy Fight and Waku Waku 7 was directed and programmed by Trip World creator Yuichi Ueda. He told me that for the most of the development time of Galaxy Fight they were two people working on it.