Striker's 1945 F2P classic by Mobrix

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Mills

Striker's 1945 F2P classic by Mobrix

Post by Mills »

Hopefully this will be a decent F2P port unlike some of the other Striker's releases that are absolutely shocking
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... x.jp.s1945

https://youtu.be/lUsLV6jHmls

Zero Gunner 2 also available
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ix.jp.zgsp
CMcK

Re: Striker's 1945 F2P classic by Mobrix

Post by CMcK »

The iOS version of Strikers isn’t out until 2/1/20. Their port of Truxton is a pretty good free game too.
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

I quite like the Zero Gunner 2 port :D
Touch controls make it much easier than the DC version but everything runs flawlessly, the graphics are crisp and the whole currency thing isn't too invasive. Nice one 8)
Mills

Post by Mills »

CMcK wrote:The iOS version of Strikers isn’t out until 2/1/20. Their port of Truxton is a pretty good free game too.
Don't like the Idea of the large charge shot icon and bomb on the left corner of screen but Im guessing using your thumbs is the method to multitask the controls as opposed to using your fingers obstructing your view of the screen.

Not sure how I am gonna manage the bullet-hell in the 2nd loop with autofire, unless this port is slightly easier than the arcade.
Buffi

Post by Buffi »

Necronom wrote:I quite like the Zero Gunner 2 port :D
Touch controls make it much easier than the DC version but everything runs flawlessly, the graphics are crisp and the whole currency thing isn't too invasive. Nice one 8)
It's mainly easier because at least on normal mode on the mobile app, there's like 25% of the bullets that are on the Dreamcast version.
Especially the bosses barely do anything. Maybe the harder modes that you can unlock are better? I didn't bother unlocking them.
Mills

Post by Mills »

Now available via Google play.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... x.jp.s1945

You need to 1CC normal (only stages 1-8 clear) to unlock Hard difficulty. Hard has 2loops but you only need to clear stage 1-8 to unlock Very Hard.

Can't trigger the bonus train because of autofire. Hopefully there will be an update to either trigger the train with the autofire because it would too difficult to have a manual fire button whilst controlling the fighter plane via touchscreen.

Will post YouTube video when I 2CC Hard difficulty. 2nd loop on Very Hard difficulty is insane because you have to shootdown everything
Mills

Post by Mills »

Latest update is much better when recording your game. No more lag and slowdown. Will post a gold ending run purely for a viewing reference. Still working out 2loop because the scrolling is too fast and enemy attacks come down too quickly.
szycag

Post by szycag »

Yeah, after all those wack ports of Strikers this hits the spot.
That is Galactic Dancing
Mills

Post by Mills »

Not any more. Latest update is the return of slowdown and lag when screen recording. Works fine without.

Removed the ability to rack up coins by starting the game and go back to menu where you grab coins from watching the ad.

Lag and slowdown during recorded runs isn't as bad as before but still doesn't look as good.
YoniArousement

Post by YoniArousement »

Speaking of Zero Gunner 2, it's funny how RetroArch on the Nintendo Switch can emulate Zero Gunner 2 and Cannon Spike just fine, yet ZeroDiv had to remake the game from scratch. I don't know of any recent re-releases of NAOMI/Dreamcast games.
Buffi

Post by Buffi »

YoniArousement wrote:Speaking of Zero Gunner 2, it's funny how RetroArch on the Nintendo Switch can emulate Zero Gunner 2 and Cannon Spike just fine, yet ZeroDiv had to remake the game from scratch. I don't know of any recent re-releases of NAOMI/Dreamcast games.
I mean, there's quite a lot of re-releases of Naomi/Dreamcast for various consoles.
One pretty recent is Shenmue 1+2 for PS4 that came out end of 2018. Space Channel 5 came out around the same time for PS4.

In general, proper re-releases want to have access to the source code though, which apparently was lost for Zerogunner 2.
Mills

Post by Mills »

Latest update seems virtually spot on apart from slowdown when using Screen Recorder app for recorded runs. I don't personally like it but necessary for 2nd loop on Hard and Very Hard difficulty because of the autofire.

Also don't like how players are cheating with their online highscore posts of 1.3-1.5million on Easy difficulty via tactical suicide and continued credit feed. Already emailed Mobrix about this but I guess it's too late to remove all scores using credit feed.

For those who haven't achieve this, the pilot ending screen picture when you complete all 1-8 stages with Gold destroyed time, Medals and destroyed enemies is different with all except Shinden fighter. P-38 pilot is the best followed by P-51. Will post a YouTube replay later in the week when I get time.