From Software 'n such

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Stevens

Re: From Software 'n such

Post by Stevens »

Went back to forest. Leveled up to 30, grabbed cannon, and went to visit Rom again. Arcane armor everywhere (student clothes eh?) Tried cannon once, fight and die. Steven's response - "Fuck this shit".

Same armor. Go in with LHB and nothing else. Discover you can 1 hit the babies in the ass. This changes everything. Take my time, kill the family, fuck up mama. Repeat three times. Attempt six - Rom is dead.

Dipped my toe into the Unseen Village. Think I might go back to that cave first..
My lord, I have come for you.
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Big f for attacking the spiders in their armored heads. No wonder you were struggling with it.

There is a boss where the cannon will really come in handy, you'll know it when you get there.
Steamflogger Boss

BLINGE. I believe I may have given you shit before in regards to Ebrietas. My bad, I'm sorry.
Marc

Post by Marc »

You're all making me want to start BB again. Considering it's taken me two months to play halfway through Resi 2's campaign, this is a really bad idea, stop it. Never did get the DLC though.... :D
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Whoa the Unseen Village is fucking hectic. Way to turn it on its ear From Software.

Not too far in yet. I encountered the bell bitch in the chalice dungeon and figured out her game but forgot when I got to the village. More to come.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Stevens wrote:Whoa the Unseen Village is fucking hectic. Way to turn it on its ear From Software.

Not too far in yet. I encountered the bell bitch in the chalice dungeon and figured out her game but forgot when I got to the village. More to come.
Do you have the normal version or the "Old Hunters" version?
Steamflogger Boss

There is a lot of annoying stuff in there, but then one of my favorite earlier grind spots.

Did you go back to that cave? It's not so bad if
Spoiler
you equip Clear Deep Sea you should have by now. Combined with the White Church set that is an additional +252-352 to your resistance. Obviously the +200 one is better but you probably don't have it yet. Typically you won't, but +100 is good enough to get by here. Then what I would recommend is luring the two active giants one at a time to the entrance. They can't fit through it and you can safely poke at them from there. The third one you can more or less sneak up on and smash before it can do much. The worms you have to be careful with but aren't too bad.
There are some
Spoiler
good gems in there but one you probably want for sure. More importantly though it leads to the back entrance to Iosefka's clinic which has two things you definitely want.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

i would highly recommend not reading anything steamflogger is saying until after you have finished the game.
Steamflogger Boss

I would assume he isn't (he mentioned he wasn't) and that's why it's in spoilers.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

I did in fact go back into the cave. Cleared it out and found the shortcut back. Didn't spend too much time there, but I did kill one of them things from Old Yharnam and got another claw rune. The climb up to Central Yharnam was disturbing and awesome.

I would like to revisit the 1st area at some point..I remember going back in Dark Souls to get some shit and I've noticed since I've killed Rom even the prison is different. I'm betting if I waited till now to fight Paarl I would have had a much easier time with him.
evil_ash_xero wrote:
Stevens wrote:Whoa the Unseen Village is fucking hectic. Way to turn it on its ear From Software.

Normal, but I am interested in the DLC.

Anyway the Village -

Definitely have died a lot here, more than anywhere else by far. Powered through and ran like hell to make it back to the prison. Shit was relentless. Died a LOT.

Got back to the prison. Walk up to the hunter in the middle - figured he didn't want to talk but you never know, got caught in the pincer and died. Walk down the stairs and approach the guy on the stairs, jump him from behind and we wind up with a double KO. This is OK with me cause I've got my echoes and I know he isn't coming back. Go back, molest the guy in the middle who appears to like bondage. Hit him a bunch. Cannon guy comes out to help. I fire my cannon and kill bondage man and get killed by cannon guy's cannon. Go back, kite cannon guy around a pillar, all three gone.

Go outside and re investigate the area. Kill lots of cool things, find the bell bitches and kill them. Left off with the area passed the last cadaver truck clear. I found the teleporting hot tub and took it, but took it back.

I think my next move is to investigate the rest of the non hot tub area, but it appears there could be a boss up ahead. Naturally I want to do both and will, just not sure in which order. Oh - I've found a shit ton of blood chunks.

In other FS news I just bought a sick new laptop and am going to christen it with Sekiro. Haven't bought it yet, but my new toy is super fancy. Never had anything like it.
Steamflogger Boss

The Old Hunters is the best dlc I've played and it's not close. To me, it's an integral part of the game.

I really hate the first half of yahargul.

Congrats on killing those three basically straight up. I took the cowards way out to kill them this time since they could kill me in 1-2 hits.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:BLINGE. I believe I may have given you shit before in regards to Ebrietas. My bad, I'm sorry.
I don't remember all that much, did you LHB her or something?
https://youtu.be/oVUQr0Ts1EY - This video is what i think of when anyone mentions owning Ebrie..
Steamflogger Boss wrote:
Spoiler
good gems in there but one you probably want for sure.
eh? which gem?

Ah yeah the Yaharghul Fuccboi Trio have given me some real problems in the past. I'll never forget my shock when I was one-hit by that cannon before i knew he had a cannon.
Or how they work together, thought I was being sneaki beaki with the guy on the stairs ;]. nope, his mates came down to cockblock me.

In other FS news I bought Metal Wolf Chaos XD but can't be arsed to play it yet.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Steamflogger Boss

Blinge wrote:
Steamflogger Boss wrote:BLINGE. I believe I may have given you shit before in regards to Ebrietas. My bad, I'm sorry.
LOL
Blinge wrote:I don't remember all that much, did you LHB her or something?
https://youtu.be/oVUQr0Ts1EY - This video is what i think of when anyone mentions owning Ebrie..
Spoiler
I had the Cannon at a high level, maybe even 9. Used Bone Marrow Ash on each and went to town on her head. I could finesse three shots out of the Cannon but I don't even remember if I needed all three or just two. Cannon boom, v attack with LHB and CLAWMARK runes on. Makes the fight a joke. This time I didn't have that option so I had to fight her straight up with Eve and Reity. What a chore.
That video is amazing. She misses an obvious v attack chance early, then misses it again and the guy explains it. Sometimes bosses derp and I'm guessing she had a lot of health and damage.
Blinge wrote:
Steamflogger Boss wrote:
Spoiler
good gems in there but one you probably want for sure.
eh? which gem?

Ah yeah the Yaharghul Fuccboi Trio have given me some real problems in the past. I'll never forget my shock when I was one-hit by that cannon before i knew he had a cannon.
Or how they work together, thought I was being sneaki beaki with the guy on the stairs ;]. nope, his mates came down to cockblock me.
Honestly don't remember for sure at this point.

On the trio this time I did the bullshit where you
Spoiler
clear out the area below first. Then you give the one on the stairs a little charge R2 love tap and run like hell for the cage on the bottom floor and shut yourself in. Proceed to carefully measure their attack patterns and get in on them when you can, retreating frequently as to not get hit through the cage yourself.
Not my proudest moment, but dead is dead. :lol: :lol:
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Oooo there has been a fair bit of progress.

The One Reborn is dead. I opened up the quickest route to him and never needed it. I killed it on my first try. Same load out again, just LHB. I went in and heard the bells and was like aww fuck here to? I found the stairs and killed all the bell bitches before heading back down. Didn't take too long and I don't think I was ever in any real trouble per se. In an FS game that can turn real quick..

Went to the Lecture Hall, cleared it like a team of seals. Got sucked into the nightmare killed spiders, a hunter. Few deaths here and there but not like the start of the Unseen Village. Followed Micolash. He took me a few tries oddly enough. Pressed on and met the Nurse. Put some time in, and got her within 2 hits on three different occasions and decided to take a break. Not Father G levels of frustration, I could tell where it was going and said enough for now.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

AAAAH KOS. OR SOME SAY... KOSM.

Micolash can be a right fucker!

It depends on playstyle I guess. Someone who's hyper aggressive and likes to get in there mashing R1 attacks out will deal with him easily.
I'll upload a great ending to micolash fight tomorrow..

on my first playthrough if he used A Call Beyond it tended to kill me. I'd dodge the first wave of projectiles and be hit out of my dodge by the second. I had to use the pistol to stop him casting if i was too far away to hit him.

Well Stevens.. You're basically near the point of no return mate, so if you wanna do the DLC you should do it after the Wet Nurse

Also i think you might've missed something. Guys I mean:
Spoiler
Upper Cathedral
so ask for a hint if needs be.
Steamflogger Boss

Micolash is a lil bitch. Ain't shit.

@Blinge: You just gotta never let him get that shit off tbh. Sounds like Stevens definitely missed that. He may just have to play the game again but with all the info. :D
Steamflogger Boss

Had a weird glitch against ole Mycosynth this time. Not sure if this is a known bug or not but in the second half of the fight I somehow beat him to the room he is supposed to go to. I stood in the door way. The gate would not come down and he was in front of me. So I shot him and...he did nothing... I proceeded to shoot him a bunch and killed him. Lollers.

This is probably the only time I wish I had recording gear.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:Micolash is a lil bitch. Ain't shit.

@Blinge: You just gotta never let him get that shit off tbh.
Well i know that now!

Pfft, say what you want but one slip up in a later playthrough and you'll be kissing my ring again!
and yes that sounds wrong.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Here's my Micolash Mishap from yesterday:
https://youtu.be/WLGUbPnfgwQ

Another thing I've been thinking about recently is Soulsborne tribute runs. The idea is that people decide to playthrough a Soulsborne in the style of another forum member.

Example, I wanna do a Squire Grooky tribute run of Dork Souls.. so what am I using?

DS1 - Gold and Silver tracers.

DS3 - Any dagger or move with a step-dash special akin to Bloodborne (albeit not as good)

Correct me if I'm wrong, Squire!
If you want to do a Burinju tribute run?
Well play DS2 or 3 with a Murakumo or Curved Greatsword.

I'd like to know what a Necron tribute run would be.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Stevens wrote:
evil_ash_xero wrote:

Normal, but I am interested in the DLC.
Yeah, I just wanted to say that if you finish the game and are duly impressed, the DLC is a must have. It takes the game over the top. Awesome new areas, weapons, lore... It really takes it to that next step. The game's a little short, and light on a few things, and they really listened to fans. But do enjoy the version you're playing. It's one of their absolute best.
Steamflogger Boss

Blinge wrote:
Steamflogger Boss wrote:Micolash is a lil bitch. Ain't shit.

@Blinge: You just gotta never let him get that shit off tbh.
Well i know that now!

Pfft, say what you want but one slip up in a later playthrough and you'll be kissing my ring again!
and yes that sounds wrong.
I dunno. Kicking his ass seems pretty universal.
Blinge wrote:Here's my Micolash Mishap from yesterday:
https://youtu.be/WLGUbPnfgwQ
f

I had something similar happen with another boss. Might have been TOR but anyway I killed it, got the PREY SLAUGHTERED and then it killed me with a parting gift of some sort. It counted the kill and I had to go get my bloodstain in the boss area.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Ah you have your statistics on every bloodborne blind play ever made at your disposal i see..
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

evil_ash_xero wrote:
Yeah, I just wanted to say that if you finish the game and are duly impressed, the DLC is a must have. It takes the game over the top. Awesome new areas, weapons, lore... It really takes it to that next step. The game's a little short, and light on a few things, and they really listened to fans. But do enjoy the version you're playing. It's one of their absolute best.
The game has been everything I was hoping it would be. It has a claim to be Game of the Decade and I completely understand those saying it could be their desert island game.

At this point I think I'm going to finish up and either move to NG+ or start a new character. Probably the latter - I want to experiment with a different build. Word on the street is that the DLC is harder than the base game so I don't think I want to subject myself to that on NG+.

As far as Micolash - the attack that did me in every time was not the homing shot. I was able to dodge that pretty consistently, but those fucking tentacles.

So after seeing I am close to the end (I think?) I've decided to do a little backtracking. I've left the Wet Nurse for the time being - and doubled back to Cainhurst. I couldn't miss out on it during my initial play through. Huge Castlevania vibes. Incredible. Opened the first short cut and called it a day.

Although I do wish I found it when I was sort of supposed to. Doesn't make it any less incredible though.

Back to the Wet Nurse. I don't say this lightly - it is one of my favorite boss encounters ever. The approach, the arena, crying baby, the lullaby. Creature design is through the roof on that one.

Like if you wanted to show someone how awesome an FS game is you would show them that fight.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Stevens reeeeee there’s another area you’ve missed i think!
Not DLC. Hint here:
Spoiler
The upper cathedral key is hidden in Yaharghul
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

I looked. If that is the locked door at the top of the healing church workshop then yes I haven't been there yet.

Thanks. Really want to see as much as the game as possible.
Steamflogger Boss

Blinge wrote:
Ah you have your statistics on every bloodborne blind play ever made at your disposal i see..
I meant for myself only, regardless of build mate.
Stevens wrote:
At this point I think I'm going to finish up and either move to NG+ or start a new character. Probably the latter - I want to experiment with a different build. Word on the street is that the DLC is harder than the base game so I don't think I want to subject myself to that on NG+.
Uh yeah that's one way to put it.
Stevens wrote:As far as Micolash - the attack that did me in every time was not the homing shot. I was able to dodge that pretty consistently, but those fucking tentacles.
Those became a very easy dodge for me once I got used to it. That's a great item too, good for locking up problematic regular enemies.
Stevens wrote:So after seeing I am close to the end (I think?) I've decided to do a little backtracking. I've left the Wet Nurse for the time being - and doubled back to Cainhurst. I couldn't miss out on it during my initial play through. Huge Castlevania vibes. Incredible. Opened the first short cut and called it a day.

Although I do wish I found it when I was sort of supposed to. Doesn't make it any less incredible though.

Back to the Wet Nurse. I don't say this lightly - it is one of my favorite boss encounters ever. The approach, the arena, crying baby, the lullaby. Creature design is through the roof on that one.

Like if you wanted to show someone how awesome an FS game is you would show them that fight.
Yeah it's the best.

Clearing Cainhurst will help you a lot
Spoiler
with the Wet Nurse.
Stevens wrote:I looked. If that is the locked door at the top of the healing church workshop then yes I haven't been there yet.

Thanks. Really want to see as much as the game as possible.
Ya it is.
Steamflogger Boss

H8ters sed it culdnt bee dun but I killed Ludwig with the Chikage, transformed the entire fight.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:
I meant for myself only, regardless of build mate.
loool ah shit sorry.

Transformed the fight how?
Steamflogger Boss

I mean I had the Chikage transformed, draining my health.

I went ahead and beat the game.
Spoiler
Gehrman
is a lot more interesting with 10 VIT. The last time I did that fight I had jacked up my VIT to deal with the Orphan so it wasn't shit.
Spoiler
Moon Presence
is still the most epic fucking reveal in any From game even if the fight itself isn't great.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

The Martyr has been laid to rest. Took four or five tries. Shredded him with the saw cleaver.

Off to Upper Cathedral next, then back to the Nurse.