Best OSSC compatible screens in UK -

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
neorichieb1971

Best OSSC compatible screens in UK -

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Hi all,

I am fitting out a bedroom as a gaming room. I've got money to spend.

I have 2 requirements actually. I would like one or two 24+" size monitors and a TV around 40-55" would be considered absolute as big as I can go as the bedroom is not huge, I need to fit 2 other monitors/TV's in there and possibly a CRT at a later date.

I would consider the LG C9 if I can afford it which I believe is a good TV for the OSSC. Please verify. If I can get similar results with an LCD at 40-55" that would be better as I can put some money saved to other monitors/TV's.

I like Dell monitors and I already have 2 of them on my PC.

I need to TATE the smaller screens in both directions preferably.

Edit - You can tell me what size is best for somone sitting about 6 feet from the screen (40-55).

I can spread the cost over time, so its not the most important thing here. If the benefits are worth it, I can justify and do it.

So in a nutshell. I need 2 24+ screens (Tateable, but likely one will be permanently tated), plus a 40-55" as the main screen and I want the same compatibility on both if possible.

Thanks for your input on this matter. Really looking forward to the room and getting down with some games in there.

Richie.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Guspaz

Re: Best OSSC compatible screens in UK -

Post by Guspaz »

I've only tested it with the SNES and PSX, and not extensively at that, but my LG 27GL850 appears to work with every OSSC output mode except for passthrough (1x). Or rather, it "works" but the image isn't the right aspect ratio (squished), and the monitor can force it 16:9, but not to 4:3.
P1kas

Post by P1kas »

Guspaz wrote:I've only tested it with the SNES and PSX, and not extensively at that, but my LG 27GL850 appears to work with every OSSC output mode except for passthrough (1x). Or rather, it "works" but the image isn't the right aspect ratio (squished), and the monitor can force it 16:9, but not to 4:3.

Is line5x on SNES working properly? I've been looking for a good 1440p monitor that can handle this setting properly
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Thanks guys.

Any other recommendations?
Guspaz

Post by Guspaz »

P1kas wrote:
Guspaz wrote:I've only tested it with the SNES and PSX, and not extensively at that, but my LG 27GL850 appears to work with every OSSC output mode except for passthrough (1x). Or rather, it "works" but the image isn't the right aspect ratio (squished), and the monitor can force it 16:9, but not to 4:3.

Is line5x on SNES working properly? I've been looking for a good 1440p monitor that can handle this setting properly
Yes, 5x appears to work.
FlyingFinn

Post by FlyingFinn »

Guspaz wrote:I've only tested it with the SNES and PSX, and not extensively at that, but my LG 27GL850 appears to work with every OSSC output mode except for passthrough (1x).

I am afraid that bob interlace might burn-in screen so I would prefer 480i passthrough or 3x (laced) for 480i sources.

Have you tried 480i sources? Even psx has some games in 480i.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I just bought a CL9 LG.

Its not necessarily for the OSSC but it got good reviews and appears to be a good compatible TV.

Over the next 6 months I want to get some monitors and a CRT. Monitors are mostly for TATE as I cannot TATE a 55" TV in the room i'm using.