Anime Central 2006, anyone?

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Zweihander

Anime Central 2006, anyone?

Post by Zweihander »

Is anyone going to Anime Central this year? If anyone is, lemme know. I'll be hosting a Twinkle Star Sprites tournament in the gaming room at some point. :)
Schrodinger's cat wrote:Yeah, "shmup" really sounds like a term a Jewish grandmother would insult you with.
dai jou bu

Post by dai jou bu »

Dreamcast/Saturn/Neo Geo version, or the PS2/Xbox one?
Zweihander

Post by Zweihander »

dai jou bu wrote:Dreamcast/Saturn/Neo Geo version, or the PS2/Xbox one?
The Dreamcast version. Wish I had La Petite Princesse but that's still $60. :cry: Anyway, the tentative time is 1 PM on Sunday. I wanted earlier but a staff member on the forums said that due to all the "big" tournaments on Friday and Saturday, they wanted to minimize any other "going-ons". Which pisses me off, because not everyone interested may be there on Sunday. Sure, it may be a niche game in a niche genre, but for fuck's sake, if it's not given a tad more respect at an anime convention, where can it be respected enough to be held earlier? *highly doubts ALL the TV's will be in use on Fri & Sat.*

You know? Pardon me for holding a tourney of Twinkle Star Sprites rather than Tekken 5, Soul Callibur 3, or Virtua Fighter Evolution. Furthermore, I asked if I had a guaranteed time slot on Sunday, about 5 days ago, and still, no answer. This is so well-run, I'd swear it was Anime Reactor 2005. :roll: :roll: :roll: I'll post an update here if that timeframe changes. There'll be prizes, won't mention them here though. ;)
Schrodinger's cat wrote:Yeah, "shmup" really sounds like a term a Jewish grandmother would insult you with.
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Yeah, that's pretty lame. I'd rather see a Twinkle Star Sprites tournament than any of those other ones. If I could go, I would definitely be there on Sunday. How often do you get to see a Twinkle Star Sprites tournament?
fl0w

Post by fl0w »

Well, borrow a caravan and hold the tourney on the parking lot!
This type of event has been quite sucessful in the past.
np: Image
dai jou bu

Post by dai jou bu »

So no news yet of a reservation?

Sadly, I feel this will be my last time visiting the convention. This year doesn't look like to have any Japanese guests that were big enough to make me go "OMG I can't believe they actually brought them here!" like they did every year before 2005.