To anyone with an MVS+ rgb scart, may I ask a question?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Taiyaki

To anyone with an MVS+ rgb scart, may I ask a question?

Post by Taiyaki »

I was wondering if anyone with a Neo Geo MVS setup could tell me which direction the horizontal shift goes when using scart, or in other words in the case of the Neo Geo does using rgb push the picture to the left or to the right?

I've been using rgb on all my systems but the Neo Geo is still on component, and the picture centering as a result is left behind, however not all rgb scart centering is the same (N64 seems to be somewhat noticeably different from SNES and Genesis for example). I have Gamecube and Groovymame on component as well but those have adjustments that made it possible to center both.

The Neo Geo is only component setup that is left off center but I wouldn't want to have to buy a $30+ cable if it's only going to make it worse or keep it the same (somewhat like what's going on with the N64), so I thought I'd check if anyone here has experience with rgb scart on an mvs first. Any feedback would be appreciated.
maxtherabbit

Re: To anyone with an MVS+ rgb scart, may I ask a question?

Post by maxtherabbit »

Taiyaki wrote:or in other words in the case of the Neo Geo does using rgb push the picture to the left or to the right?
relative to what? the MVS doesn't have any other video output formats
Taiyaki

Re: To anyone with a Neo Geo + rgb scart, may I ask a questi

Post by Taiyaki »

maxtherabbit wrote:
Taiyaki wrote:or in other words in the case of the Neo Geo does using rgb push the picture to the left or to the right?
relative to what? the MVS doesn't have any other video output formats
I meant rgb scart vs rca, s-video and component connections (I guess I meant aes and cmvs, you're right, I forgot that actual arcade mvs only uses rgb). RGB shifts the picture horizontally usually, different systems shift it to different degrees. I'm trying to see whether changing from component to scart will help center the Neo Geo relative to all other systems in my setup. :)

If anyone has both tried non rgb connections (rca, s-video and component) and scart and knows which direction the picture is shifted to I'd love to know. If it's to the right then it will save me money as I won't be needing the change, if it's to the left I'll gladly switch my setup to scart and have a better centered video. Hope this makes sense.