From Software 'n such

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Steamflogger Boss

Re: From Software 'n such

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

I proceeded to make THIRSTYBOI, a large balding man with black spectacles. The cleric beast has been slain with the threaded cane. I'm going for Bloodtinge, let's see if I bitch out. The goal is to get the Bloodletter asap.
Stevens wrote:So in your unhumble opinions, what are the weapons that are most Bloodborne?
LHB.

The Beast Cutter is useful in some spots due to tricks it can pull off. I'm a huge fan of the Whirligig Saw because well it's just fucking cool. Really though you can use w/e you want.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Stevens wrote:So in your unhumble opinions, what are the weapons that are most Bloodborne?
Things that border on steampunky and don't make sense.

Haha yes, as Squire says.. The starting Saw Cleaver is one of the coolest fucking weapons in the game 8)
And is good enough for the game entire.

I like any weapon that transforms into other shit in ways you won't see in souls (not that anything transforms in souls).
Cleaver, burial blade, whirligig, kirk-fuckin'-hammer, Axe. cane.
I guess the reiterpallasch but i questioned my decisions and sexuality when i was using it.

I guess the bloodtinge weapons are but i don't really like the flashy blades either.
I really wanted to like the Stake Driver but i think it blows. At some point i'll put myself through the hell of a stake driver only play.

Ludwig's holy blade is.. it's just a fucking sword inside a sword god damnit!!

Edit:
In defense of Reiterpallasch with my bloodtinge build.
I'd be fighting some boss or chalice variant with my friend on our way to Rom..
A couple of moments happened where he pulled back to heal and I use a Bone Marrow Ash, pull out Avelyn pistol and the Reiter and just blast from both hands at once *bambambambambam* spunking all my bullets and finishing off the boss.
While yelling this down the mic at matey lool
https://youtu.be/jMq5joFVxpQ?t=28
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
BIL

Post by BIL »

Burinju I have BB but DSP says its RLY hard (`ω´メ)
Should I be SCURRED (◎ω◎;)
I think a lot of ppl are bitches tbh (■`W´■)
I don't hate em, it's just how it is (■`ω´■)
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Burinju I have BB but DSP says its RLY hard (`ω´メ)
Don't play with my heart like that, BIL..
BIL

Post by BIL »

I just realised how arrogant that post might come off to onlookers. :mrgreen: Only exposure to BB is the infamous DSP Ludwig (?) beatdown which, other than the amazing human cockroach's usual antics ("BUGGED ROLL MECAYNICS / NOTHING I COULD DO DOOD"), showcased some bangin' art design. That decrepit dead dog-looking fuck was doing his nut. Ludwig, not DSP!

I will get around to it and do my best BURINJU (`ω´メ)

Can you make a dude with assless chaps btw
Steamflogger Boss

I'm confused. Who or what is DSP?
Blinge wrote:
Haha yes, as Squire says.. The starting Saw Cleaver is one of the coolest fucking weapons in the game 8)
And is good enough for the game entire.
The scaling is ass though.
Blinge wrote:I like any weapon that transforms into other shit in ways you won't see in souls (not that anything transforms in souls).
Cleaver, burial blade, whirligig, kirk-fuckin'-hammer, Axe. cane.
I guess the reiterpallasch but i questioned my decisions and sexuality when i was using it.
Lollers.
Blinge wrote:I guess the bloodtinge weapons are but i don't really like the flashy blades either.
I really wanted to like the Stake Driver but i think it blows. At some point i'll put myself through the hell of a stake driver only play.
Waiting for the YT video m8.
Blinge wrote:Ludwig's holy blade is.. it's just a fucking sword inside a sword god damnit!!
Well yeah but it fucks up everything.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

I think I'm going to stick with the axe and LHB for now. If I see something that I have to have I'll move on, but for now the only upgrade I see coming is my gun.

Still rocking the starter pistol.
My lord, I have come for you.
Steamflogger Boss

Just killed Father G again. Actually didn't get hit at all in his second form which is good because he would have killed me in 1-2 hits as I haven't been upgrading my VIT at all. It was just parry + visceral attack 3x for the kill. Came out of it with 14 vials as he hit me a bit in the first form.
Stevens wrote:I think I'm going to stick with the axe and LHB for now. If I see something that I have to have I'll move on, but for now the only upgrade I see coming is my gun.

Still rocking the starter pistol.
Honestly the starting pistol is fine.

Your gun options boil down to this essentially...
Spoiler
Regular pistol, totally fine great option. 2 shotgun type pistols that fire a spread in Blunderbluss and the Holy Rifle. Holy Rifle is better for low Bloodtinge characters. A pistol that is stronger but fires two bullets. A slightly weaker pistol but has S Bloodtinge scaling. A couple big gun options that do massive damage but require many bullets for each firing. A couple different spray type weapons. A gatling gun. Anything can have a use. I was using the big cannon on my previous playthrough for boss fights.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:I'm confused. Who or what is DSP?
A grotesque hybrid of man, pig and roach who gained moderate mid-2000s infamy via his Youtube shitplays of popular harder games, including many FromSoft titles. His superpower is the ability to wheedle and beg for Youtubebux like a wounded animal, and actually receive said bux, all while his repellent personality invites mishap after mishap that would finish off mortal grifters. Warning, don't watch his videos while eating. Image

Outside of the YT gaming sphere, he is perhaps best known for jacking off on webcam, having left it running while dozing on the couch like the barely-human slob he is. Image
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

BIL wrote:
Can you make a dude with assless chaps btw
uh.. probably!?
Haha birru it didn't come across as arrogant I just thought you had actually gotten hold of BB then and that we'd hear of your exploits!!

Pistols huh? I've never really liked anything than the starting pistol. The shotgun types are too slow for muh reaction parries now i'm used to the pistol.
Also Evelyn's fucking barrel sometimes clips through enemies when i'm standing close so they don't get hit for fuck sake.

Is the scaling for saw cleaver really ass? compared to what, the LHB?
On NG and + it still spelled a quick death for pretty much anything I took on. it hits quite fast.
That R1 L1 transforming combo literally never gets old for me. It feels so fucking good.
Steamflogger Boss

I mean...yes? He asked what the actual best weapon is. I also mentioned you can use anything and still beat the game. Hell I'm using the RIFLE SPEAR right now.

I actually never did like the attack pattern of the Saw Cleaver but that's just personal preference. There is nothing inherently wrong with it, it just doesn't fit me.

As far as guns go I have a soft spot for the Cannon. It's just so lovely. I'll be using Evelyn heavily in this run once I get it though. 100% regular pistol is all you really *need* though.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Blinge wrote:uh.. probably!?
Haha birru it didn't come across as arrogant I just thought you had actually gotten hold of BB then and that we'd hear of your exploits!!
Oh no I know you get me (^ω´ )
Spoiler

(■`W´■)

Yeah no I did pick it up! I'm just saving it for a couple weeks from now when I've got the time and more importantly the privacy. In a crowded house and really only up for antisocially busting out muh R2RKMFs with headphones on while everyone's watching Maury atm.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

A man who got confused by a basic tutorial in Bayonetta for a whopping 7 and a half minutes.

There's some question as to if he's genuinely this bad and impatient at video games in general or if he's just a massive troll.
HELLEPHANT

Post by HELLEPHANT »

The sexiest man on youtube
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:I mean...yes? He asked what the actual best weapon is.
bruh i love ur azz but he said this:
So in your unhumble opinions, what are the weapons that are most Bloodborne?
bloodborne functions as an adjective here. trust me i done a grammar once
Steamflogger Boss

Blinge wrote:
Steamflogger Boss wrote:I mean...yes? He asked what the actual best weapon is.
bruh i love ur azz but he said this:
So in your unhumble opinions, what are the weapons that are most Bloodborne?
bloodborne functions as an adjective here. trust me i done a grammar once
Ah fuck.
BareKnuckleRoo wrote:
A man who got confused by a basic tutorial in Bayonetta for a whopping 7 and a half minutes.

Seems like it could be an act.
There's some question as to if he's genuinely this bad and impatient at video games in general or if he's just a massive troll.
Steamflogger Boss

Fighting BSB with 10 vitality had me questioning every decision in my life that led up to that point.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Just walk left :wink:

actually the 200IQ move is when he does that huge wind up slash that goes miles past you if you dodge..

If i'm not dodging I actually dodge it diagonally backwards.. in the same direction. So your iframes protect you and you can immediately punish.
Works like half the time all the time.
Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

Guys. I managed to land a frontside boardslide in the Great Hollow.

Allow me to present...Tony Hawk's Pro Hollow
Steamflogger Boss

Blinge wrote:Just walk left :wink:

actually the 200IQ move is when he does that huge wind up slash that goes miles past you if you dodge..

If i'm not dodging I actually dodge it diagonally backwards.. in the same direction. So your iframes protect you and you can immediately punish.
Works like half the time all the time.
I had beat it when I made that post. Fucking Rifle Spear parry boiz. Smashed with v attacks.
Last edited by Steamflogger Boss on Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Dark Beast Paarl down. Sadly Eileen is also down, she didn't survive the fight with Henryk. Sad face.

Bought the saw blade. It's dope, but currently way weaker than my axe our LHB.

Current location - the woods.
it290

Post by it290 »

A coworker just started DS1 for the first time. I asked him where he was/what he was using and he replied that he was at Blighttown and kicking ass with the Drake Sword... oh, the sins of the innocent :D
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Drake Sword!? HAH. how innocent can he be! That's someone who looked up a noob tips guide, for sure.
Unfriend him forever.
Necronopticous wrote:Guys. I managed to land a frontside boardslide in the Great Hollow.

Allow me to present...Tony Hawk's Pro Hollow
lmao holy shit that's a raw blink on hara-kiri rock if i ever saw one.
There's one pickup in the great hollow that i can never bloody get. might be that one.

Steamflogger I tried to use the Rifle Spear at the beginning of my bloodtinge playthrough (still unfinished cause i was co-opping. might have to re-do it solo), just to use something that involved more shooty.
I hate that thing. It blows. Not surprised you struggled with BSB
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Hey what's wrong with the Drake Sword?
Outside of the certain telltale sign of having used a guide of course.
Steamflogger Boss

Blinge wrote:
Steamflogger I tried to use the Rifle Spear at the beginning of my bloodtinge playthrough (still unfinished cause i was co-opping. might have to re-do it solo), just to use something that involved more shooty.
I hate that thing. It blows. Not surprised you struggled with BSB
I only died a few times to BSB which isn't a surprise tbh as it is always one of the problematic bosses for me.. It's clunky but it's got a rhythm I kinda like esp for lots of regular enemies. It's letting me play this safe poking game with the Snatchers in Hypeon Gaol. Yes I am a coward.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Foolproof method for the baggers:

dodge past their initial attack, usually a swing or a kick, and give 'em three swift hits to the ass.
They'll then charge themselves up, but when they do this you'll be hitting them with a fully charged R2- then you can kill them with the visceral.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Blinge wrote:Foolproof method for the baggers:

dodge past their initial attack, usually a swing or a kick, and give 'em three swift hits to the ass.
They'll then charge themselves up, but when they do this you'll be hitting them with a fully charged R2- then you can kill them with the visceral.
Charge axe attack to face. Repeat:D

Been using the saw cleaver a little more. The r1 to r2 change attack is really satisfying.
Steamflogger Boss

Blinge wrote:Foolproof method for the baggers:

I'm not having a problem with them at all. Give em a love tap, charge R2 then they charge up and I give em another charge R2 and they are dead. I finally got all the shards I wanted though so now I've moved back to clearing through Central Ward and just lit the CHL lamp.

Earlier when I first got snatched I was using the 2 handed axe R2 charge as Stevens mentioned, that works too but I'm being a fuck boi with the Rifle Spear. UR JUST A QUITTER U SAID YOU CAN'T USE THE STAKE DRIVER EITHER.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

bruh i beat
Spoiler
ludwig
with the wheel so eat my azzhoel

rifle spear's moves suck-a-ball
Steamflogger Boss

When did I say it was a good weapon? It's shit that's the point.