Battle Circuit - the best beat em up featuring Fat Elvis

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
awbacon

Battle Circuit - the best beat em up featuring Fat Elvis

Post by awbacon »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TyRPzDOQrYk

Back in the arcade days when this was out, I put a few credits in, died, and walked away. I have no idea what I was thinking

Now with it in my collection...holy shit is this game amazing. It’s as good as AvP but the whacky and the colorful and the weird has been dialed up to 11. Strange bosses, weird enemies, and a storyline that makes almost zero sense...it’s shocking this stayed unported until the current generation.

Glad I finally came around to this game! I never knew what I was missing!
Bratwurst

Re: Battle Circuit - the best beat em up featuring Fat Elvis

Post by Bratwurst »

Is there a 'best' character mechanic-wise? I always just play the alien plant dude because he looks so cool and has a good attitude.
awbacon

Post by awbacon »

They all feel pretty interchangeable, but I go with the pink ostrich because how could you not? lol
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

All of the characters have been 1CC'd on the hardest difficulty (there's videos for each you can find on Youtube) and all have strats to clear the game, so you can play whoever you want and be assured the game can be cleared. I'm not sure who is considered the easiest though. Alien Green's grabs are pretty damn effective and he's ideal in cooperative play for healing all players, it's just he has that command grab when pressing Forward + Attack that leaves you wide open for a second and a half if it misses that sucks.
awbacon

Post by awbacon »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:All of the characters have been 1CC'd on the hardest difficulty (there's videos for each you can find on Youtube) and all have strats to clear the game, so you can play whoever you want and be assured the game can be cleared. I'm not sure who is considered the easiest though. Alien Green's grabs are pretty damn effective and he's ideal in cooperative play for healing all players, it's just he has that command grab when pressing Forward + Attack that leaves you wide open for a second and a half if it misses that sucks.
I'll have to check them out. Sounds impressive
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Here's a Pink clear without any deaths: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBhIceKZRio

Replay Burners has some more clears, the amazing Korean beat 'em up player M.Janet has a Yellow clear, Vludi has several clears on his channel, etc. The video description on that one suggests stage 2 and 3 are apparently particularly hard for Green and Pink and that they're harder to 1CC with? Not sure how accurate that is, but the game is totally doable for all the characters.