GD: Espgaluda Scoring Tips

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
ali710

GD: Espgaluda Scoring Tips

Post by ali710 »

Hi

Im new to Arcade scene and Espaluda my first game, my control panel 3 buttons (so no Full Auto) and im waiting my new control panel (Seimitsu joystick and sanwa buttons) but right now im trying to score well in the game but cant seem to get anywhere close to the Superplays.

Laser seems weak and stage 1 midboss dont seem affected by Ageha laser like the superplays on youtube.
and the green gem seems to finish faster than the superplays when im in kakusei mode.

My board PCB battery removed( I know not affecting gameplay).

Voltage 4.97
BulletMagnet

Re: Espgaluda Scoring Tips

Post by BulletMagnet »

I'm not an expert, but one thing that you might be overlooking in the "gems seem to drain quicker" department is "kakusei over" - basically, if you switch to "awakened" mode, run out of gems and enemies start shooting at you faster, look closely and you'll see a circular meter filling around your character. If you stay in "over" mode long enough before switching back it'll max out, and from then until you die enemies will give more gems than before. This article was written with the help of this forum and will hopefully offer some additional assistance.
ali710

Post by ali710 »

more tips guys?

emphatic maybe?
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

1.Kill enemies 'just' as they enter the screen, for more greens. This means to learn where they appear. It is sometimes opposite side from where you are positioned (left/right)

2.Be sure to stay in "Red Bullets mode" at the first Boss until the small blue circle around you disappears completely. Then return to normal mode, kill the boss and you will enter Stage 2 with the ability to gain maximum number of greens that the game allows. If you die however, you have to repeat the process of staying in "Red Bullets mode" until the blue circle dissapears completely, so better not die.

3. It is all about timing and learning the "feel" of in and out of kakusei mode
ali710

Post by ali710 »

start of stage 1, those 3 popcorn enemies always showing randomly? , coz i tried to memorise their place but always they show different places, one time to right side then next time to left side of screen.
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

ali710 wrote:start of stage 1, those 3 popcorn enemies always showing randomly? , coz i tried to memorise their place but always they show different places, one time to right side then next time to left side of screen.
Yeah, well the devs kinda anticipated people will learn the enemy placement so they spiced things up a bit :D
ali710

Post by ali710 »

Stage 1 midboss whats the best strategy for him?

I try to use the barrier bomb and stay in the middle but sometimes only one arm flashes (gets weak).
Ghegs

Re: GD: Espgaluda Scoring Tips

Post by Ghegs »

Moving thread to Strategy.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
ali710

Post by ali710 »

No more tips?
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

You might be able to get more specific advice by posting an actual replay of you playing, it's easier to give more detailed feedback that way. Otherwise, if you're having trouble, often it's ideal to watch someone else play such as on video, to understand what's going on.

If you're losing a lot of gems when you're in kakusei it's because you're killing a lot of smaller enemies, which generally burns through kakusei rapidly since it costs gems every time an enemy is killes. Also note that you can increase how many gems you earn from enemies for your current life by purposefully increasing the overmode rank (the meter that fills when you're out of gems, increases rapidly when not shooting and is easiest to fill on the last phase of the stage 1 boss).