I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
EmperorIng

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by EmperorIng »

Last night I 1CC'd the Normal mode of Armed Police Batrider with the Psychic Team.

I will admit, this one doesn't have much of a ring of victory. I had gotten to stage 5 before and fought two, or maybe three final bosses. This time, I only fought one (Sobut). So it felt like I didn't achieve much - to say nothing of my score, which was a paltry three million+. It definitely felt like I had played the game 'wrong' for it to skimp on the challenge that way.

I wonder if killing the other two bosses would bring my score up to over 4-million... just to take away the 'top' leaderboard spot for the default teams that no one uses.
Licorice wrote:Hi all.
I just 1CC'd Sylphia on the default difficulty. On retroarch.

I recognize this isn't much of an achievement, but it is for me. It's my first 1CC of anything.
Congratulations Licorice! The first 1cc is always cherished. I can relate about the lack of 'filler' in many arcade games, which makes practicing them more engaging then some other games which pad out their content beyond the breaking point.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

EmperorIng wrote:Last night I 1CC'd the Normal mode of Armed Police Batrider with the Psychic Team.

I will admit, this one doesn't have much of a ring of victory. I had gotten to stage 5 before and fought two, or maybe three final bosses. This time, I only fought one (Sobut). So it felt like I didn't achieve much - to say nothing of my score, which was a paltry three million+. It definitely felt like I had played the game 'wrong' for it to skimp on the challenge that way.

I wonder if killing the other two bosses would bring my score up to over 4-million... just to take away the 'top' leaderboard spot for the default teams that no one uses.
Cool! I'm guessing you've seen that the only "default team" scores on the forum board are mine. :lol: I included some brief notes when I submitted those to Restart Syndrome. For my Psychic Team score, I only got Sobut as the final boss, but I made up for that with some medal chaining and picking up extend items for points (which destroys rank but Normal course is short enough that I can get away with it). If you trigger multiple bosses I'm sure you could beat the score even with some mistakes elsewhere.

I'd like to get Advanced course clears with the default teams someday for that "canonical" experience, but for now I'd be happy to clear with anyone other than solo Shorty (recently I've been trying with solo Maria-C).
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
ciox

Post by ciox »

Shepardus wrote:
EmperorIng wrote:Last night I 1CC'd the Normal mode of Armed Police Batrider with the Psychic Team.

Cool! I'm guessing you've seen that the only "default team" scores on the forum board are mine. :lol: I included some brief notes when I submitted those to Restart Syndrome. For my Psychic Team score, I only got Sobut as the final boss, but I made up for that with some medal chaining and picking up extend items for points (which destroys rank but Normal course is short enough that I can get away with it). If you trigger multiple bosses I'm sure you could beat the score even with some mistakes elsewhere.

I'd like to get Advanced course clears with the default teams someday for that "canonical" experience, but for now I'd be happy to clear with anyone other than solo Shorty (recently I've been trying with solo Maria-C).
Nice to see others are thinking about giving Batrider another go, I would like to clear Advance with a Garegga team sometime, that's kinda my style and I got an A many years ago but also perished just before the final stage. It's a hell of a crazy game what with the delicate rank control and gotchas galore.
BrainΦΠΦTemple

Post by BrainΦΠΦTemple »

1-ALL no miss of gardia on hard. super cute little shmup complete with classic 80s era oversized idiot hitbox
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3XTvz4glNQ

(Loops don't get more difficult from what I can see, so i didn't have motivation to 2-ALL it)
nO-miss superplAyz i \m/ash in shmupz + mOsh w/ ur mom
berlin schOol albums | sOundcloud
new albUm:Kristallgeist
"Here is a molding synthesis creator with a strong personality. It needs to be better known." --rockliquias.com's reviEw of "kristallgeist"
BIL

Post by BIL »

Interesting stuff... I don't think I've ever heard of that one, a quick search only brings up 20 or so hits in the last fourteen years! Xevious is the first thing that comes to mind with the precision ground bombing, but that shield and spreadshot look almost Compile. Don't think I've seen that setup with the armours spawning orbital hazards for the player to sneak through anywhere before. I wonder if it might've influenced Cho Ren Sha's powerup rings at all.

That ship launch is indeed super cute, reminds me a bit of Viewpoint's. :mrgreen:

I like that arcade catalogue of Coreland, Westone, ADK et al stuff Sega published in the mid/late-80s, got a bit of an underdog feel to 'em (even with a few going on to be pretty big deals in their own right, like Wonder Boy). M2 do Aurail aka You Are The Sniper Tank pls.
BrainΦΠΦTemple

Post by BrainΦΠΦTemple »

BIL wrote:Interesting stuff... I don't think I've ever heard of that one, a quick search only brings up 20 or so hits in the last fourteen years! Xevious is the first thing that comes to mind with the precision ground bombing, but that shield and spreadshot look almost Compile. Don't think I've seen that setup with the armours spawning orbital hazards for the player to sneak through anywhere before. I wonder if it might've influenced Cho Ren Sha's powerup rings at all.

That ship launch is indeed super cute, reminds me a bit of Viewpoint's. :mrgreen:

I like that arcade catalogue of Coreland, Westone, ADK et al stuff Sega published in the mid/late-80s, got a bit of an underdog feel to 'em (even with a few going on to be pretty big deals in their own right, like Wonder Boy). M2 do Aurail aka You Are The Sniper Tank pls.
yeah, the Xevious influence in the design is immediately apparent. It feels kind of like a more advanced Xevious with a more unforgiving hitbox. I definitely haven't ever seen anything like the orbital hazards around ship upgrades either, and idk if it influenced Cho Ren Sha, but it's possible =o

I haven't ever heard of Gardia either until about a month ago and ended up clearing it because the difficulty is deceptive, and i didn't want that dinky little shmup to get the better of me lol

Viewpoint is awesome, also. Thanks for reminding me about it 'cause that's one I have on my list of stuff to clear. And coreland is definitely pretty rad. Gonna have to look into Westone's and ADK's stuff. I played a couple of Wonder Boy games briefly.
Pretty sure I played a little of Aurail too. =o
"Here is a molding synthesis creator with a strong personality. It needs to be better known." --rockliquias.com's reviEw of "kristallgeist"
Ythundyth

Post by Ythundyth »

No Miss Double Hibachi in DaiOuJou (2nd Loop Death Label): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlsZ0V0fvRQ

I finally did it...

The 2nd Loop version of Death Label Double Hibachi (hardest version), which you are forced to no miss, but I thought I would put it in the title for anyone that doesn't know. Done from a save state in PCSX2. I have heard that PCSX2 has a lot of input lag on Windows, making it apparently unplayable, but I use Linux which has input lag similar to the PS2. I was getting somewhat consistent at all the attacks in practice, but I still lost to the final attack at basically the last bullet 4 times. I finally beat it now though. I can definitely say this is by far the hardest thing I've done in any game.
awbacon

Post by awbacon »

Finally 1CC'd Tobe! Polystars. If you can keep the homing attack from stage one through the entire game and not lose it it's not too hard...but if you lose it and can't quickly get it back it's a "reset" situation.

Wish I'd been capturing
BIL

Post by BIL »

Is that the M2 shooter you mentioned? I was surprised to hear one was on the platform and had a quick look, but didn't seem to find any (could've easily missed something). Should've figured it'd be on your channel. :smile:
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Ythundyth wrote:No Miss Double Hibachi in DaiOuJou (2nd Loop Death Label): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlsZ0V0fvRQ

I finally did it...

The 2nd Loop version of Death Label Double Hibachi (hardest version), which you are forced to no miss, but I thought I would put it in the title for anyone that doesn't know. Done from a save state in PCSX2. I have heard that PCSX2 has a lot of input lag on Windows, making it apparently unplayable, but I use Linux which has input lag similar to the PS2. I was getting somewhat consistent at all the attacks in practice, but I still lost to the final attack at basically the last bullet 4 times. I finally beat it now though. I can definitely say this is by far the hardest thing I've done in any game.
Did you use any cheats to achieve this? Invincibility by any chance? Slowdown? Save states?

Apart from the wrong aspect ratio that is.

Asking for a friend.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Ythundyth

Post by Ythundyth »

Plasmo wrote:
Did you use any cheats to achieve this? Invincibility by any chance? Slowdown? Save states?

Apart from the wrong aspect ratio that is.

Asking for a friend.
Of course I didn't use any cheats, why would I even bother doing this in that case? As far as slowdown is concerned, everything is as you see it in the video, and it looks the same as actual 2-Alls of Death Label to me. And I already said that I started from a save state. The fight itself however was done in one go obviously. You can check the video for yourself, analyze it, compare it with other videos, whatever you want.

The wrong aspect ratio? That's just how I play. Although the way you worded that it almost sound like you think the wrong aspect ratio is cheating? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sorry if I sound a bit rude, but I can say with 100% certainty that there was no cheating involved in the fight itself (other than starting from a save state) and I doubt you'd be able to find any evidence that suggests otherwise.

And if I may ask, who's this friend? No need to answer if you don't think you should.

Either way, thanks for commenting, I guess?
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Thanks, just wanted to make sure it's legit.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Mills

Post by Mills »

I would like to view the entire 2nd loop clearance up till the boss. Because that it's quite a feat to reach that.
BrainΦΠΦTemple

Post by BrainΦΠΦTemple »

Ythundyth wrote:No Miss Double Hibachi in DaiOuJou (2nd Loop Death Label): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlsZ0V0fvRQ

I finally did it...

sick bee blastin', dude
Ythundyth

Post by Ythundyth »

BrainΦΠΦTemple wrote:sick bee blastin', dude
Thanks.
Mills wrote:I would like to view the entire 2nd loop clearance up till the boss. Because that it's quite a feat to reach that.
I'll probably do more Death Label, not sure if I'll do the entire 2nd loop up until Double Hibachi. And yes, it is quite a feat.
Plasmo wrote:Thanks, just wanted to make sure it's legit.
Alright.
Mills

Post by Mills »

1cc, no miss Truxton F2P on Very Hard difficulty using Red Shot weapon throughout.

Panicked at the two Blue mid-bosses on Stage5 and used two bombs to clear them.

Not going to record the run until I no miss no bomb for at least 2 loops.
Mills

Post by Mills »

Finally got 1cc no miss no bomb on normal difficulty F2P mobile. Need to get consistency on Stage5 before recording entire run on Very Hard difficulty as I keep messing up stage5
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Just out of curiosity, how many legitimate no-save-state 2-alls of Death Label exist? I haven't been following it for a few years, but I remember at one point only one single legitimate clear existed and it was kind of a big deal.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

I remember seeing at least one, maybe two, with each of ship types A and B, somewhere in the depths of Nicovideo.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Ex_Mosquito

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

PC Engine Super Grafx - Aldynes completed 1-life.

It seems to have unlimited loops (I tested until loop 4) but the difficulty appears to max-out at the 2nd loop. The difficulty increase is pretty minor compared to something like R-Type which is significant, so you could potentially play forever..

https://youtu.be/DEJA-9JbKVg
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito
BIL

Post by BIL »

Excellent, I've been wondering what an IREM vet like you might think of that one! I enjoyed it a lot, though the later parts of the first loop battered me and I scarpered after the 1-ALL. :mrgreen: Good memories of charge-bayonetting various big bastards to thumping explosion SFX.

The curiously hardcore ethos aside (really feels like something IREM themselves might've done, ala their "on-foot Image Fight" Metal Storm) - it does indeed have some quality tunes. stage 3 is absolutely plaintive, particularly against the game's cataclysmic take on the classic "ruined cylindrical colony" backdrop. Soldier Blade-esque.
Ex_Mosquito

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

BIL wrote:Excellent, I've been wondering what an IREM vet like you might think of that one! I enjoyed it a lot, though the later parts of the first loop battered me and I scarpered after the 1-ALL. :mrgreen: Good memories of charge-bayonetting various big bastards to thumping explosion SFX.

The curiously hardcore ethos aside (really feels like something IREM themselves might've done, ala their "on-foot Image Fight" Metal Storm) - it does indeed have some quality tunes. stage 3 is absolutely plaintive, particularly against the game's cataclysmic take on the classic "ruined cylindrical colony" backdrop. Soldier Blade-esque.
Heya bil, cheers :) I didn’t find the difficulty too punishing really apart from the laser enemies on stage 4, they drove me nuts! I went as far as to make a map of their locations. The looping stage really made it hard for me to mentally picture where they’re located. They wouldn’t be so bad if they didn’t shoot you off-screen with a 999mph laser to the barnet. I was horribly inconsistent on that stage.

https://ibb.co/vLpPf3p
https://ibb.co/gPXsrrN
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito
BIL

Post by BIL »

Stage 4 is such a bizarre turn, both aesthetically and mechanically. Abruptly introduces the Gradius-style infinite vertical loop, which doesn't go too well with the deadly-punishing enemy design, while also going for an apparent... Sonic The Hedgehog tribute? Art deco (visualy distracting art deco at that), complete with golden rings. Image I was glad it snapped out of it for the remainder! Cookin' New Order-esque bassline at least.
Licorice

Post by Licorice »

Got my second 1CC. Battlemania 2. Counterstopped :shock: which I hear is easy to do so not much of an achievement.

Really fun game, great for a complete noob like me. Oozes and I mean oozes with style.

Although I'm not one to comment much on gameplay (not much experience) it seems to always be forcing you to move and do stuff, so even though it's easy it doesn't seem boring at all.

Even though the game is super generous with lives (health, whatever. Game calls it "guts") you can lose it all if you get stuck behind something and the stage scrolls past you. Had this happen to me a few times.

Played it 8-way with the pod set to "homing". Mainly used the white pod except for stage 2 and 5 where I used red and blue respectively.

I imagine better players might find it fun to do a no damage run through this, although I haven't seen anything like that on YT. It definitely seems possible. Every place I took damage there was at least one run or practice session where I didn't.
mojilove

Post by mojilove »

Just got a 1CC in Crimzon Clover Novice Original - not much, but still happy about it!

I also cleared Blue Revolver Normal about a month ago!

I wonder how long it will take for an arcade/hyper mode clear in either of these...
ancestral-knowledge

Post by ancestral-knowledge »

https://ibb.co/z76Ksdt
https://ibb.co/NYP4PVw

I did a 1cc for Esprade on my arcade cabinet. Last boss is a nightmare and the game feels different from the other galuda games.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Got my first 1CC on Espgaluda (arcade, default settings) about two weeks ago. Went back last week and got my second. Nice to have finally got a clear down on this one as it's one I've gone back to a lot over the years. Came close several times but that final boss can be tough.

Picked up the 1.5 DLC for Mushihimesama (Steam) a couple weeks ago as well and got a 1CC (Original mode) on my first play there. Nothing terribly special, but a clear is a clear, I'll take it. :)
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Austin wrote:Got my first 1CC on Espgaluda (arcade, default settings) about two weeks ago. Went back last week and got my second. Nice to have finally got a clear down on this one as it's one I've gone back to a lot over the years. Came close several times but that final boss can be tough.
Congrats! It's a tough one at the end, as most of the clear depends on the resources you bring into the final boss fight. And you will use them! Good job showing the game who's boss... twice!

I myself just got my first-ever Psikyo 1ALL, in Sengoku Blade!
Spoiler
Score post

This was a hard one, using Junis (who has a weak shot and bomb). I took the lower route, not because of any perceived difficulty but because I was a little more familiar with it and I like its ending better. 8) I guess I could say I used Junis in general because I liked her character. That and her charge attack really suited my playstyle more than any of the others (sans Marion, but the Calice Cup tourney I submitted this score to didn't allow Marion). Her strong charge attack allows you to preemptively plan your offense, and eliminate threats and still move around and focus on other enemies or dodging. This for me is really an ideal way, especially since you really want to be able to move around dangerous patterns while still hurting enemies/bosses. Of course, the trade-off is the weaker shot and bomb, but the balance around her deficiencies is nonetheless palatable, at least for a 1ALL clear.

I need a break from Psikyo right now. Maybe I'll come back eventually for the Sengoku Ace or Gunbird 1ALL.
Austin

Post by Austin »

EmperorIng wrote:Congrats! It's a tough one at the end, as most of the clear depends on the resources you bring into the final boss fight. And you will use them! Good job showing the game who's boss... twice!
Thanks a lot! I recall a thread here recently that talked about using your shield energy on the last final boss phase and intentionally missing. Not sure why I never thought to do that, but that helped out a ton for my first clear. Somewhat ironically, on the second clear I didn't use that strategy, simply weaving between the bullets (successfully) on the last phase. Got to love experiencing improvements like that in this genre from run to run.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

EmperorIng wrote:This was a hard one, using Junis (who has a weak shot and bomb)
Clearing the first loop with Junis is impressive! Nice :)