how to play DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu Black Label non emulated?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
MidOrFeed2015

how to play DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu Black Label non emulated?

Post by MidOrFeed2015 »

i have been only reading about how to play arcade games from home on a CRT but how can this game be played without MAME? i dont want to use mame.
i can see there is a JAMMA pcb for $6500 USD which is crazy. is there a non emulated alternative to the official pcb?
drunkninja24

Re: how to play DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu Black Label non emula

Post by drunkninja24 »

The game is available on Steam as Dodonpachi Resurrection, and it includes the Black Label mode

You can also get it on 360, though its a little more split up there, there's a European DDP Resurrection release but you have to buy Black Label as separate DLC (which requires a European XBL account to purchase), but you can import the Japanese releases of which there is a standalone DFK Black Label disc release or again, as DLC for the DFK 1.5 disc release (which then requires a JP XBL account to purchase)
MidOrFeed2015

Post by MidOrFeed2015 »

drunkninja24 wrote:The game is available on Steam as Dodonpachi Resurrection, and it includes the Black Label mode

You can also get it on 360, though its a little more split up there, there's a European DDP Resurrection release but you have to buy Black Label as separate DLC (which requires a European XBL account to purchase), but you can import the Japanese releases of which there is a standalone DFK Black Label disc release or again, as DLC for the DFK 1.5 disc release (which then requires a JP XBL account to purchase)
i understand the standalone release is region locked which is a shame. so youre saying theres no "arcade alternative" to the official pcb/mame, right?
pegboy

Post by pegboy »

Couldn't you just get the Steam version and a CRT VGA monitor and play it?
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

If the official PC and 360 releases aren't what you are looking for, can you give an example of what you would consider an acceptable arcade alternative?
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
MidOrFeed2015

Post by MidOrFeed2015 »

Jeneki wrote:If the official PC and 360 releases aren't what you are looking for, can you give an example of what you would consider an acceptable arcade alternative?
sorry if i wasnt clear but im probably going to get banned for asking this. i have seen when people enter the arcade scene they show mame vs jamma stuff. can this jamma thing be loaded with daifukkatsu black label? and given that this might be my last message on this forum, it was nice knowing you guys. gg.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Are you thinking of something like the PGM converts ? no, that sort of stuff is of exception and DFK is not running on the same hardware.

It's like he says, either get the PC or 360 port and a VGA monitor, or even a downscaler and a 15khz CRT.
(IIRC the slowdowns accuracy is better on 360)

Otherwise build a GroovyMAME setup with a 15khz CRT and use the underclock/blitter delay features to simulate slowdowns (with hit-or-miss accuracy, still better than no slowdowns IMHO)
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
MidOrFeed2015

Post by MidOrFeed2015 »

Xyga wrote:Are you thinking of something like the PGM converts ? no, that sort of stuff is of exception and DFK is not running on the same hardware.

It's like he says, either get the PC or 360 port and a VGA monitor, or even a downscaler and a 15khz CRT.
(IIRC the slowdowns accuracy is better on 360)

Otherwise build a GroovyMAME setup with a 15khz CRT and use the underclock/blitter delay features to simulate slowdowns (with hit-or-miss accuracy, still better than no slowdowns IMHO)
guess i have no choice. ill look into groovymame on linux
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

this thread is confusing. what's the problem with just getting the 360 or PC version with a new monitor? what exactly are you looking for?
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

MidOrFeed2015 wrote:
Jeneki wrote:If the official PC and 360 releases aren't what you are looking for, can you give an example of what you would consider an acceptable arcade alternative?
sorry if i wasnt clear but im probably going to get banned for asking this. i have seen when people enter the arcade scene they show mame vs jamma stuff. can this jamma thing be loaded with daifukkatsu black label? and given that this might be my last message on this forum, it was nice knowing you guys. gg.
JAMMA is just an arcade pcb connector standard, not some special thing, people might just be using "JAMMA" interchangeably with "PCB"
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

drunkninja24 wrote:The game is available on Steam as Dodonpachi Resurrection, and it includes the Black Label mode
As well as the Black Label Arrange "Ketsuipachi" mode. The PC version is the best way to access it aside from owning a Japanese XB360.