PS4 Ketsui ?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
heli

PS4 Ketsui ?

Post by heli »

Hello, i am intrested in Ketsui for the Playstation4.
If i look on the box in ebay and play-asia it has in the upper left corner saying : sample
What is this, if i look the unboxing video i dont see sample.
Am i buying a sample for 60 euro ?

Is this game limited ?
Will it be cheaper then 60 euro ?, for 20 euro i ask no questions.

thank you
it290

Re: PS4 Ketsui ?

Post by it290 »

I'm not sure what image you're looking at but the sticker in the top left refers to the two DLC which are included on the disc along with the full game. Rest assured that the copies that play-asia are selling include the full game; the price is a bit high but this game may not ever see release in Western territories and the physical version is likely to be somewhat difficult to find pretty soon. You could do worse for 60 euro.
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
heli

Post by heli »

Thank you, i already ordered it, took a while before this topic went up and could not resist.

*this will be my most expensive game ever if the postman asks for tax + his payment (13,-) to handle the tax.
Hope its worth 80 euros.

They all gonna say i,m crazy paying 80 euro for a 20 minute game with 90s graphics.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

heli wrote:Thank you, i already ordered it, took a while before this topic went up and could not resist.

*this will be my most expensive game ever if the postman asks for tax + his payment (13,-) to handle the tax.
Hope its worth 80 euros.

They all gonna say i,m crazy paying 80 euro for a 20 minute game with 90s graphics.
If all you get out of it is 20 mins of entertainment, you're doing it wrong.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
heli

Post by heli »

That is how people look to it, since they normally play a game once.
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

heli wrote:That is how people look to it, since they normally play a game once.
I don't think this game is for you then.
BIL

Post by BIL »

I think heli meant that's how the mainstream tends to view arcade-styled games - he's not wrong. 3; They're wrong. :cool:
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Do these ports rotate 3:4 TATE mode?

I noticed ESPrade is getting a switch port. I'd rather play it full screen or fullish screen, rather than having huge stats bars down the side.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
heli

Post by heli »

Battle garegga has, i expect ketsui also.
Will find out soon if it arrives, i took the gamble.

I have to say the stats are real nice in battle garegga, worth playing like this to know your rank and items.

Raiden V dont have option to rotate screen, very bad, while they have also zoom out on some scenes.
Not to mention the render bugs.
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

M2 has fallen behind a bit on ROW releases. We STILL don't have Sorcer Striker/Mahou Daisakusen after close to 2 years. Localisation on their games shouldn't be that hard when they're not JRPGs. Let's hope we don't have to wait so long for ESP.Ra.De after its Japan release.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

I'm guessing the sales from Garegga and Dangun in western regions weren't enough to spend the money to localise the rest of their games.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

DoomsDave wrote:I'm guessing the sales from Garegga and Dangun in western regions weren't enough to spend the money to localise the rest of their games.
If they translate them and release physical versions through LRG they will sell out. There is no excuse really.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
heli

Post by heli »

It is their first own physical release i think.
The other one is limited run games, its not M2`s own product, or am i wrong ?
Or is the korean battle garegga not limited, since it is still for sale ?

Therefore it is logical to have only 1 japanese version instead of 3 versions, it reduces factory costs very much if you dont need more glass-masters.

There are 3 battle gareggas i seen on PS4 ( besides the collector edition ):
Japan
English
Korean

Because it was limited to 3000 piece i thought :
1000 japan
1000 english
1000 korean ( and maybe not all sold of this cus it is still for sale in playasia ( my theory ) )

I have the english battle garegga version, i need to read the menu.
Is the ketsui partial japanese menu ?, i hope not.

With these prices it it not weird they dont sell much, 60 + tax, cost me 80 or more euros, they dont handle tax for free here.
heli

Post by heli »

I have the game, phew, the graphics hurt my eyes initially, then i only see bullets and dont mind the graphics anymore.
I am used to play on saturn copys, then i dont mind japanese menu,
a bit dissapointing after paying 80 euro for a all japanese menu.
Is there a english setting ?
Anyone has a translation ?
Loom1es

Post by Loom1es »

heli wrote:I have the game, phew, the graphics hurt my eyes initially, then i only see bullets and dont mind the graphics anymore.
I am used to play on saturn copys, then i dont mind japanese menu,
a bit dissapointing after paying 80 euro for a all japanese menu.
Is there a english setting ?
Anyone has a translation ?
Hi, the following link has a translation for the menus. Hope this helps a bit.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/789 ... anslation/
heli

Post by heli »

Thanks a lot Loom1es.
heli

Post by heli »

I was playin Ketsui yesterday,
i had high hope for M2, only i found 3 bugs in this Ketsui PS4.

The highscore does not save.
Can not exit practice menu.
The menu (options button) would not appear one time.

Battle garegga was well made with the menu and all, so i thought they have it good for next games, i was wrong.
If you copy this game or not you are still a criminal if you play outside japan it says.

Wont spend another 80 euro on these M2 games, they need at least bug free and english menu.

And this game is hard even on easy setting,
i dont like it when they shoot in the back and from the sides.
I like dodonpachi more.

WTF no highscores ?
Why the hype ?
BIL

Post by BIL »

heli wrote:i dont like it when they shoot in the back and from the sides.
Try Gun.Smoke you'll love it :cool: <--SARCASM ;3 ;3 ;3

EDIT: :idea: actually, try Elemental Master, you might like it! They try to hit you from the back, but BIN RAIDEN don't get down like that! :o
If you copy this game or not you are still a criminal if you play outside japan it says.
It's too late now sonny, blood in blood out. Image I just called a dastardly crim by my own PS4 for enjoying the bounty of Arcade Archives titles on Japanese PSN! :o Including many essentials like GRADIUS II and IMAGE FIGHT! :evil: The absolute nerve - I paid many of the king's good pounds to these UNGRATEFUL NIHONJIN back in the day! Apparently, sad Britfordshire residents have been cucked out of BUBBLE BOBBLE and NINJA SPIRIT by the likes of... WATER SKI? (maybe Water Ski is actually really good, I have not played it! but I wouldn't bet it against the aforementioned two!)

Well, I'm going back to Saigo no Nindou. Put this GIF on my grave if I get gunned down by the filth, pls.

heli

Post by heli »

Bubble bobble is best
BIL

Post by BIL »

Hell yes bro. Image Image Image And the ACA version is beautiful. Finally arcade-perfect on console, only took three decades! :o For anyone who is stuck in Britfordshire, make a Japanese PSN account and get on that! It sounds crazy not to do this, I know, but I have seen chaps on other forums complaining "WHERES MY BUBBLE BOBBLE" :shock: It's on Japanese PSN you frickin noobs! Do like Vigilante by IREM says and take the law into your own hands!
heli

Post by heli »

Anyone knows why the highscore list is empty for all game modes ?, how to fix this ?
it290

Post by it290 »

Your high score is saved in the rankings, not in the game's highscore table. IIRC the Garegga port functions exactly the same way.
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
heli

Post by heli »

I know, i have empty tables there for all modes.
In battle garegga its all working ok.

I did have a standby crash, that happens alot with PS4, when going into rest mode.
If you power up the PS4 again it says it is not closed down properly, checking hard-disk for errors.
Maybe i have to remove all data, and try again.

And they swapped the X and circle button for the menu compared to battle garegga, argh.
heli

Post by heli »

Without using a credit the highscore works, with the translated menu i found the no credits option.
And the good thing is i cant even get to the part where they shoot me in the back.

I did got this bug yesterday again : can not enter the menu or use restart,
i thought it might be my new gamepad, only after closing application it all works good.

I will faithfully buy all my M2 airplane helicopter and spaceship games from now on, i have played for 80 credits at least!
Now i still need some more translation on the other untranslated things like screen etc.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

heli wrote:I know, i have empty tables there for all modes.
In battle garegga its all working ok.

I did have a standby crash, that happens alot with PS4, when going into rest mode.
If you power up the PS4 again it says it is not closed down properly, checking hard-disk for errors.
Maybe i have to remove all data, and try again.

And they swapped the X and circle button for the menu compared to battle garegga, argh.
That type of crash happens when your PS4 is in standby mode and then power is cut. It should rarely happen, so if you've had it often, can you check to see if your home is having brownouts where the PS4 outlet is cutting off while your system is in standby?
heli

Post by heli »

I googled it and many people have these problems, it is a unfixable PS4 issue Sony is aware of i think.
Not all PS4 have this problem.
heli

Post by heli »

What is this, mars matrix without GHB ?
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

heli wrote:What is this, mars matrix without GHB ?
Nailed it. :|
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
BIL

Post by BIL »

:lol:
heli

Post by heli »

1 game per year M2 makes on disc ?
Soon is PS5, is downloads only not discs, i need money for 2 more games only ?
I have a long wishlist for PS4.

Dear M2 if you read this : please continue release PS4 discs ( in english )