gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thread

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
superg

Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre

Post by superg »

Every order is shipped. I still have plenty of gcompsw and gscartsw units.

For some of you who doesn't know, to make switches look even better, here you can order nice 3D printed bumper cases for my products:
https://laserbear.net/shop?olsPage=prod ... umper-case
Greg is currently working on gscartsw v5.2 bumper design, but you can already order gcompsw variants for both old gcompsw and new gcompsw (and older gscartsw_lite).
I ordered two colored gcompsw cases for myself and I love how it looks!
DJ Kevgeez

Post by DJ Kevgeez »

Redneck retro gamer wrote:
Does the cable you are using use csink or sink on luma?
CSync.

But i connected my HD Retro Comp. cables today direct to TV and the bars were still there.
DJ Kevgeez

Post by DJ Kevgeez »

superg wrote:
DJ Kevgeez wrote: I'm tired of the horizontal jailbars on the SNES. I've tried everything.
When my GScartw arrives i'll know for sure if its just the Auto Bandridge switcher i'm using causing the problem.
I don't think that gscartsw will fix the jailbar issue unless it's really the bandridge who is messing it up. Do you get the jailbars if connected directly?
Yes. Tried today with the HDR Comp. cable.
Jailbars still there.

Im going to buy a new adapter and see if thats the problem.
WHen i took my snes to the gameshop it looked good on their tv.
superg

Post by superg »

jumpman1229 wrote:Hello,

I wanted to see if I could get my gscartsw repaired. I have a 3.2 unit that has worked great since I got it in May of 2016. I purchased one of these superguns to play my Sammy Atomiswave on my PVM:

https://www.diyretroarcade.com/index.ph ... chine.html

I have been using it for the last week or so on small playthroughs of no more than maybe 15 minutes each time. Well tonight, I was about 20 minutes into a playthrough of Dolphin Blue and all of a sudden, I started to see what appeared to be sync issues on screen. I then started to hear a slight whine from my gscartsw and unplugged the supergun and tried to run my other consoles hooked up to the gscartsw. I powered on my SNES and NES and saw lots of red horizontal lines all over the screen and color errors. I took some videos which can be seen here:

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipM ... N2Jr9zYCXF

Please let me know if you feel this can be repaired! Thank you!
I don't repair v3.2 anymore. Especially supergun damage.
superg

Post by superg »

RetroDad88 wrote:Hello! I the. Gas art and the power connector fell off the motherboard, it lasted about a week! Who do I contact about getting fixed under warranty? Thank you. JeffJJacobs@Hotmail.com
Mechanical damage is not covered under warranty, I test every switch before shipping. But I can fix it, PM me.
superg

Post by superg »

DW5 wrote: Have the gcompsw shipped yet, and if not, ahen can we expect them to?
I shipped everything as of yesterday, somehow missed 4 people but fixed that.
bunny4

Post by bunny4 »

Hi superg,

I have my gscartw lite doesn't work anymore since yesterday, the led is off and no input work :cry: :oops:
Could you please repair me?
bunny4

Post by bunny4 »

Hi superg,

I have my gscartw lite doesn't work anymore, the LED is off and neither input work :oops: :cry:
could you please repair me. i am so frustred that i am just buying the new unit gscartw by your site
jumpman1229

Post by jumpman1229 »

superg wrote:

I wanted to see if I could get my gscartsw repaired. I have a 3.2 unit that has worked great since I got it in May of 2016. I purchased one of these superguns to play my Sammy Atomiswave on my PVM:

I have been using it for the last week or so on small playthroughs of no more than maybe 15 minutes each time. Well tonight, I was about 20 minutes into a playthrough of Dolphin Blue and all of a sudden, I started to see what appeared to be sync issues on screen. I then started to hear a slight whine from my gscartsw and unplugged the supergun and tried to run my other consoles hooked up to the gscartsw. I powered on my SNES and NES and saw lots of red horizontal lines all over the screen and color errors. I took some videos which can be seen here:

So there is absolutely no option for me with this thing? I'm blown dead in the water?
superg

Post by superg »

jumpman1229 wrote:
superg wrote:

So there is absolutely no option for me with this thing? I'm blown dead in the water?
Well, the biggest problem with that version is that they stopped manufacturing those multiplexer IC's in SOIC case, I got multiple end of life notifications from digikey - and it was years ago. If you can find somebody who can source them and find somebody else who will resolder them - it might work for you. But you will probably spend so much funds on this project and it's not worth it. Sorry for the bad news.
Another point is SUPERGUN and my repair experience with it, long story short - I'm not happy about SUPERGUN at all, it will never be supported and I hate all those people who implement faulty hardware which blows everything else.
jumpman1229

Post by jumpman1229 »

superg wrote: Well, the biggest problem with that version is that they stopped manufacturing those multiplexer IC's in SOIC case, I got multiple end of life notifications from digikey - and it was years ago. If you can find somebody who can source them and find somebody else who will resolder them - it might work for you. But you will probably spend so much funds on this project and it's not worth it. Sorry for the bad news.
Another point is SUPERGUN and my repair experience with it, long story short - I'm not happy about SUPERGUN at all, it will never be supported and I hate all those people who implement faulty hardware which blows everything else.
Darn. Well thank you for the transparent explanation. Would I run the risk of blowing out my gcompsw if I use the component out? My gut tells me no, but I wouldn't mind your insight on it.
superg

Post by superg »

jumpman1229 wrote:
superg wrote: Well, the biggest problem with that version is that they stopped manufacturing those multiplexer IC's in SOIC case, I got multiple end of life notifications from digikey - and it was years ago. If you can find somebody who can source them and find somebody else who will resolder them - it might work for you. But you will probably spend so much funds on this project and it's not worth it. Sorry for the bad news.
Darn. Well thank you for the transparent explanation. Would I run the risk of blowing out my gcompsw if I use the component out? My gut tells me no, but I wouldn't mind your insight on it.
There are no exceptions for SUPERGUN - don't use it. Right now I am repairing first gcompsw 8:2 damaged by supergun - apparently they started to make conversions with component output which has amplified audio on RCA plugs.
schmosef

Post by schmosef »

superg wrote:
jumpman1229 wrote:
superg wrote:Another point is SUPERGUN and my repair experience with it, long story short - I'm not happy about SUPERGUN at all, it will never be supported and I hate all those people who implement faulty hardware which blows everything else.
There are no exceptions for SUPERGUN - don't use it. Right now I am repairing first gcompsw 8:2 damaged by supergun - apparently they started to make conversions with component output which has amplified audio on RCA plugs.
This is my gcompsw, that superg is working to fix.

I have the same supergun as jumpman1229.

My gcompsw died while playing a multi game modded CPS1. It was working fine for a couple of weeks, until it wasn't. :cry: Lesson learned.

I'm in the market for a new supergun...
schmosef

Post by schmosef »

superg wrote:Another point is SUPERGUN and my repair experience with it, long story short - I'm not happy about SUPERGUN at all, it will never be supported and I hate all those people who implement faulty hardware which blows everything else.
Hey superg, maybe your next project should be to work on a supergun! :wink:
the Goat

Post by the Goat »

schmosef wrote:Hey superg, maybe your next project should be to work on a supergun! :wink:
I wish he would at least support a list of approved superguns. FYI, I've used the HAS and the minigun with the gscartsw without issue.
-the Goat
Heliopause Heavy Industries :: video game console repairs and modifications
schmosef

Post by schmosef »

the Goat wrote:I wish he would at least support a list of approved superguns. FYI, I've used the HAS and the minigun with the gscartsw without issue.
I'm on the waitlist for a HAS. I was also looking into getting a ProGamer supergun, while I wait for the HAS.
jumpman1229

Post by jumpman1229 »

schmosef wrote:
the Goat wrote:I wish he would at least support a list of approved superguns. FYI, I've used the HAS and the minigun with the gscartsw without issue.
I'm on the waitlist for a HAS. I was also looking into getting a ProGamer supergun, while I wait for the HAS.
I was thinking of getting a HAS, but the preorders are closed at the moment :(
bunny4

Post by bunny4 »

Hi superg,
Sadly my gscartsw lite is broken since yesterday, don't know the reason, the unit doesn't work anymore and the led is off. :oops:
Could you please send me a pm.
superg

Post by superg »

Guys, it was brought to my attention that I provided a wrong power supply with recent switches (barrel connector).
I looked into it and found out that DigiKey has mixed in different power supplies in a box. I'm trying to figure out how many of you were affected.
superg

Post by superg »

Everybody potentially affected (wrong power supply) has got an email with instructions.
This affects about 80% of back orders starting from August 12.
This doesn't affect new orders placed starting from October 1. I've already printed some shipping labels for it but I will drop it off only after I include the correct power supply with each one (will be shipped early next week).
I apologize for the inconvenience.
superg

Post by superg »

Ok, I rechecked everything again and I didn't took into account that I had mostly correct MicroUSB power supplies from early orders.
Only 10 buyers are affected, so far one is identified. I feel much better now :)
Darkglobe1977

Post by Darkglobe1977 »

superg wrote:Ok, I rechecked everything again and I didn't took into account that I had mostly correct MicroUSB power supplies from early orders.
Only 10 buyers are affected, so far one is identified. I feel much better now :)
I have a gcompsw enroute that I ordered last week so I may be affected. I'll let you know as soon as it's delivered.
ClarkDV

Post by ClarkDV »

Hey Superg, I have had my gscartsw lite a few years now and it’s been flawless until recently. The last few weeks, sometimes when I turn it on my video output is a yellowish color where it should be white. It seems to go away if I power cycle the unit or unplug and replug my scart output cable in. What do you think would be the cause of this?
superg

Post by superg »

ClarkDV wrote:Hey Superg, I have had my gscartsw lite a few years now and it’s been flawless until recently. The last few weeks, sometimes when I turn it on my video output is a yellowish color where it should be white. It seems to go away if I power cycle the unit or unplug and replug my scart output cable in. What do you think would be the cause of this?
It looks like THS amplifier damage of one of RGB lines. What did you have connected lately?
superg

Post by superg »

superg wrote:Ok, I rechecked everything again and I didn't took into account that I had mostly correct MicroUSB power supplies from early orders.
So far 4 people have been identified. 6 to go.
ClarkDV

Post by ClarkDV »

superg wrote:
ClarkDV wrote:Hey Superg, I have had my gscartsw lite a few years now and it’s been flawless until recently. The last few weeks, sometimes when I turn it on my video output is a yellowish color where it should be white. It seems to go away if I power cycle the unit or unplug and replug my scart output cable in. What do you think would be the cause of this?
It looks like THS amplifier damage of one of RGB lines. What did you have connected lately?
The only thing new would be a CBOX Supergun for my PGM and Atomiswave hardware. And does that mean the cable is damaged or my gscart?
superg

Post by superg »

ClarkDV wrote: The only thing new would be a CBOX Supergun for my PGM and Atomiswave hardware. And does that mean the cable is damaged or my gscart?
Oh, it will never end. Supergun destroys everything.
superg

Post by superg »

Guys, the orders are still coming through, just want to clarify that I have units in stock but waiting for the correct power supplies to arrive which should be here this weekend or early next week.
I will ship / drop off each and every new order made on October 1 and later right after I get the power supplies and sorry for the inconvenience.
ClarkDV

Post by ClarkDV »

superg wrote:
ClarkDV wrote: The only thing new would be a CBOX Supergun for my PGM and Atomiswave hardware. And does that mean the cable is damaged or my gscart?
Oh, it will never end. Supergun destroys everything.
Okay, do you do repairs of something like this? If not, how would you recommend setting up my Supergun? Now I’m afraid that if I plug it direct in to my PVM that it could ruin it. I bought this way before I ever heard of the warning you put out, and it’s an older model, if I could get some help I couldn’t be appreciative enough. Ugh :( . Thanks.
schmosef

Post by schmosef »

ClarkDV wrote:The only thing new would be a CBOX Supergun for my PGM and Atomiswave hardware. And does that mean the cable is damaged or my gscart?
CBOX is made by TimeHarvest. It's the same brand of supergun that blew jumpman1229's and my switches.

Just pointing out the common factor. I guess this brand of supergun is especially problematic.