GamerGate - and it's continuing aftermath.

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
quash

Re: GamerGate - and it's continuing aftermath.

Post by quash »

That wasn't a bad post, and that's coming from me. But you didn't even touch on the best/worst part: he actually predicted this would happen years ago.
kitten

Post by kitten »

Image that's horrific. i hadn't seen this.

if he was in dbt it's almost definitely due to bpd. those kind of paranoid thoughts (someone is trying to kill me / someone will kill me through malicious indifference / i will be killed by hateful action) often slowly become self-fulfilling prophecies. bpd sabotages your ability to make friends and romantic partners or keep them for substantial periods of time and ascribes significant blame onto people for (often perceived, sometimes quite real) abandonment or personal sleights. it's usually caused by severe, often-prolonged trauma (he mentions being ptsd, as well) and is a lifelong challenge with a terrifying mortality rate. underlying a lot of these paranoias is a deeply inflated sense of self - you often hurt others because sleights against you are perceived as unempathetic and malicious and then lash out more than you were lashed upon. however, you also feel intense and unbearable guilt for your actions and others' words and tend to self-flagellate more than anything.

him having bpd and being the age he was when shit went down with zoe substantiates a lot of her accusations - but i believed her essential claim of receiving abuse to begin with. this isn't a matter of truth, it's a matter of empathy and healing & restoration. zoe has a history of both emotionally and tangibly using people to get what she wants and some stuff that frankly makes her look like a really fucking ugly person, but the stance people are allowed to take on her are "villainous sjw harpy" or "powerful leader of queer politics." she should have never been lionized to begin with. she has been raped (not by alec) and abused but she's also been a desperately attention-seeking social manipulator who has hurt people, too. up until now, i'd probably say she'd been hurt more than she'd hurt others, but a bit of fresh blood on her hands has perhaps permanently changed that.

the fact of the matter is that most people look ugly when you air their dirty laundry and view them on a scale as ridiculously vast as this. coming forward about abuse is to remove serial rapists like weinstein from their position of power (or people that are active threats with power above you), not character assassinate your struggling peers you had a bad lay with a decade ago. i feel like callouts have their very rare place, but god damn was this not one of those places. alec probably was still a paranoid mess, hard to work with, and constantly feeling threatened to the point he wouldn't let people around him off the hook - but this is shit you handle on a personal level. you reach out to people around him who care for him and keep him in check, form a small network to hold him accountable if he keeps it up, keep a reasonable distance if he hurts you. you don't fucking blow him up on twitter when you know your voice immediately reaches a non-trivial fraction of a million and will travel to the millions within a day. especially as you're.... suspiciously declining from relevancy. hm. HMM.

politics and social justice are messy things, but i really hope the bare fucking minimum culture takes away from this is what tremendous and irreparable damage a callout on a peer can wreak and how evil it is to wantonly wield one. people watch a genuine supervillain get taken down on the way-up-high and then become bloodthirsty for justice for all wrong-doings against them. only, well, they're not taking down people with truly toxic power and reach, they're killing their friends and exes who they know very well are available to them and open to the harm. social media doesn't understand you and doesn't understand your friends, it just understands how to celebrate or condemn. a life is not a like/dislike button, don't put one to that metric. it turns out - weirdly enough! - that total strangers don't know you, and when asked to make an evaluation of your life both can and will file into binary lanes over your worth as a person.

sjw kangaroo court tends to have the lanes of "live" or "die." guess we know which people took for alec, and which alec subsequently took as a result. zoe didn't really kill alec, but, honestly, alec didn't just kill himself, either. the culture - which zoe (with at least partial awareness) used as a weapon - drove him to that point. this culture which has become so polarized, bloodthirsty, and deranged. i really strongly feel like this is just going to push one side to being even more insular and instantly trusting of anyone willing to label themselves a victim (which will lead to more alec holowska's), and the other side so staunchly afraid of this culture that they'll protect their absolute worst from the most minor of accusations. both sides have valid points, but there's so much refusal to compromise. women & queers do get taken advantage of and silenced more than White Cis Males, but there are also men like alec who are more fragile & damaged than the women calling them out and who will only be seen as a male abuser, even after taking their own life from insurmountable guilt.

if zoe comes back from this without admitting any sort of guilt or fault - without some acknowledgement she picked a blade and pointed it at alec - i would not hesitate to call her evil.
~Imagination and memory are but one thing, which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Image | Image
~*~*~*~*~*~* If there's a place that I could be ~ Then I'd be another memory *~*~*~*~*~*~
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Bipolar fucks you up. When it starts fucking with my brain I do dumb shit that deep I know is wrong, but I do it. It's weird and scary af and almost like an out of body experience.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

This situation has infuriated me to no end when the general consensus to the situation of a mentally fragile individual committing suicide after being #MeToo'd in the most overkill fashion possible and consequently exiled by all of his social circles within 3 seconds of the call-out being made when a private intervention would have equally satisfied the written intent of Quinn's call-out post, that this was all a "unforeseeable tragedy where nobody was really in the wrong", is horseshit of the highest order. But INFINITELY MORE INFURIATING is the underlying implication behind this consensus, that this couldn't even have been prevented and there's no steps to take to prevent this from happening in the future, and that any ensuing post-call-out suicides are "part and parcel" for the good of enabling call-out culture for when it does nail someone who did deserve it. And that shit is plain diabolical.

Of course, nobody in the progressive sphere wants to admit to taking steps to prevent this, because that implies Zoe Quinn might have made a mistake, and that implies giving the alt-right an inch. And we can't have that, can we? Actually think about that for a moment. The great power and great responsibility that comes with making a call-out post and ethical standards to safeguard human lives after being #MeToo'd are not being given a second thought at all purely because of fucking identity politics.

At this point, the social justice idol will receive such support and understanding from her peers that when she finally reemerges, she doesn't even need to apologize or admit she might have messed up. Nobody expects her to. In fact, some don't even want her to in order to avoid giving more ammunition to the alt-right. And nobody will ever question her complicity. It remains to be seen whether she will take this opportunity to live a blameless life as everyone's idol, or whether she has the heart to reject the safety net everyone built for her and acknowledge the role she and call-out culture played in Holowka's suicide.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
BIL

Post by BIL »

I don't mean to downplay chap's death - but I've no doubt Quinn will waltz right back in and continue where she left off, and thus can't find myself moved. It's like Liquid Metalman poppin' up box-fresh after getting his fuckin wig split by Ahnuld's 12-gauge. It's just what these gruesomely malleable avatars of the new orthodoxy do.

kitten mentioned the possibility of Quinn's star fading - I've not followed this stuff in many months, but I wouldn't be surprised. Even the T-1000 slowed down a bit after one too many grenades! There's never been just one, though. Wu continues to ferment beneath the heat lamp of uncritical publicity, coalescing into the grotesque parody I once thought the preserve of Alan Partridge. Now it's entered our world, shambling around unchallenged. It was only a matter of time before its ilk killed somebody. :sad:

I'm a sentimental nihilist. All this has seemed a gross but relatively benign joke of our pampered age. However I must point out for the sake of a certain young, absent MA friend: this person is running on a platform of cyber security, and is provably incapable of coding her way out of a wet paper bag. Although reality being skullfucked by the media is OFC nothing new, this is some really avant-garde stuff. Wu does not exist, any more than Allison Holiday and the rest of the plucky sorority gals at Bishop U. But holy fuck do the dominant press want her to. This shit is ritual and storied. Fuck a Rosemary, I'm talking Natalie's Baby.

I'm not as familiar with Quinn's backstory, just her more infamous current scams, but the gilding process kitten describes in the indie scene sounds dreadfully familiar. Things just keep getting more outlandish, as Cenk nods along sagely to visions of burning crosses on Wu's front lawn (and for us OG Deagle Nation souljahs, power-drifting Battle Priuses on icy Massachusetts highways :cool:). I guess in both characters' cases, I'm waiting on big denouements that might never arrive. I enjoy the works of Kentaro Miura and George RR Martin, it's nothing new to me.

Anyway, on a happier note, I always loved Chris Sabat's Piccolo. Yeah, the English dub script was frequently utter dogshit - I'm a #17 fanboy, thanks for cramming in lots of happenin' ROBO TEEN lines about circuits and microchips you stupid cunts. It's cool, I'll just beat down the noob hordes with a rolled-up copy of Volume 31 and defend my artificial muscle boi to the death. All is forgiven, when I hear that smouldering, nobly wounded growl!

"Bend over, Yamcha." Image :shock:

Obligatory "wot does this have 2 do w/gilbertgottfriedgate, wa wa waaa" It's about virtue, you illiterate schweinhund! Those who claim to have, and those who have not! Do you not have the barest book-learnedness to follow the fuck-obvious theme?! Image
Last edited by BIL on Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kitten

Post by kitten »

BIL wrote:kitten mentioned the possibility of Quinn's star fading
i meant to link an infographic, but she's been losing subscribers and patreon money kind of steadily for quite a few months (her patreon immediately went on concealing the $ when the suicide hit). the reason i believe she came out about this now was on the coattails of another, higher profile and more substantial callout that was actually quite legitimate. woman had her labor exploited for years and received serious sexual abuse. she also hyper-extensively documents receipts and keeps a very level head.

zoe likely read that and went "hey, i want in," and then banged a rough draft of a hazy recollection out over the course of a couple of hours and dropped it on twitter. people phrase the permission requirements of callouts in absolute language, as if once you hit a couple of criteria you're ready to flick the safety off and just unleash it, but there's extreme nuance to when to do one and how to go about doing it. durandal goes over some what of i did and i'm glad to see him as incensed. progressives preach compassion, empathy, understanding, etc. - yet they're weirdly proud of their vicious cannibal orgy of callouts and their culture war.

i feel safer talking my honest opinions on this event in a fucking gamergate thread and more likely to get people to see across the aisle on a forum that is like 99% men than i would on my old 300 follower twitter account where i talked about progressive politics with peers. that's gotta say something about the state of things! i still believe in "social justice" but i do not believe in what it has popularly become. i'm very far from the only queer estranged by this culture & its dogma, either.

mental illness - often severe, frequently the exact issues alec suffered with - runs rampant in the queer & trans communities. there's a growing sensation that the umbrage of the social justice movement at large doesn't actually protect the people most vulnerable, and i feel like a lot of the infrastructure for its sense of community is collapsing. a culture that claims its basis is equality and empathy for the marginalized and vulnerable can't survive forever if it continues to displace and estrange (or just kill) the marginalized and vulnerable.

a pretty substantial portion of current social justice figureheads are ex-channers and former edgelords, too, but the absolutism of dogma today means a kid who says an ironic slur once is immediately alt-right regardless of the circumstance or situation. you slip up a single time as a teen or young adult and call someone a faggot on twitter and you're never going to live it down. the social justice youth of today are the people who are leaving comments on alec's sister's page about how it's good he's dead - this is how ludicrous the polarization and purity politicking has become, that the youth of the movement are so full-on subscribed to the dogma that they're proud of getting a suicide to happen. what's next, eugenics?
Obligatory "wot does this have 2 do w/gilbertgottfriedgate, wa wa waaa"
the more direct angle here is that funimation recently fired vic mignogna on ethical grounds after allegations against him being indecent and just had their cast of voice actors revealed to giggling at each other saying "faggot" and reading underage incest rape fanfic to each other. vic seemed to have a pretty profound amount of allegations against him for being a creeper but this timing makes funimation look pretty damn bad.
~Imagination and memory are but one thing, which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Image | Image
~*~*~*~*~*~* If there's a place that I could be ~ Then I'd be another memory *~*~*~*~*~*~
quash

Post by quash »

Zoe Quinn will live free of consequence as long as there remain enough simps and sociopaths to continually justify her behavior and refuse to hold her accountable for anything. It would be incredibly naive to assume that this exists in a vacuum and that she's the only example of this, but she is by far the most visible and that alone gives me just a sliver of hope that maybe some people will be awoken from their resetera/Tumblr induced trance and realize the kind of crazies they're supporting are pushing the Overton window to a very interesting, but downright scary place.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

I couldn't keep quiet about this and promptly decided to set fire to my ResetEra account by lazily copypasting the least Zoe-inflammatory parts of kitten's posts in a thread about Scott Benson's post about Holowka, in an attempt to get everyone to question whether the amount of force applied against Holowka was wise. I could only fire off two posts in the overwhelming face of 10+ replies before the cyberpolice arrived within minutes to send my bullet-riddled corpse to the cubes for 'inflammatory rhetoric' and branding "People shouldn’t have to suffer in silence because the perpetrator is mentally unstable" onto my forehead.

When I actually posted about games there I barely ever got any replies.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
ryu

Post by ryu »

why did you have an account there in the first place? everyone knows the community there is mental.
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
MJR

Post by MJR »

[removed]
Last edited by MJR on Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
BIL

Post by BIL »

kitten wrote:the more direct angle here is that funimation recently fired vic mignogna on ethical grounds after allegations against him being indecent and just had their cast of voice actors revealed to giggling at each other saying "faggot" and reading underage incest rape fanfic to each other.
Indeed, I just like to leave 'em some homework. :wink:
Jonny2x4

Post by Jonny2x4 »

quash wrote:That wasn't a bad post, and that's coming from me. But you didn't even touch on the best/worst part: he actually predicted this would happen years ago.
Not only that, but he also threw some shades at Zoe Quinn around the time everyone in the indie scene was talking about Depression Quest way back in 2013.
https://twitter.com/lhm1138/status/1168453359583551488

Such a shame that his "friend" Scott Benson threw him under the bus the moment it was no longer convenient to associate with him.
system11

Post by system11 »

ryu wrote:why did you have an account there in the first place? everyone knows the community there is mental.
Agree. It's like someone took the very worst parts of NeoGAF, turned the dial up to 10, then attached a power drill to it and span that dial until it snapped off. Whenever I feel like I'm seeing the very worst of people on Twitter and such, I quickly have a look there and it recalibrates my expectations.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
MJR

Post by MJR »

[removed]
kitten

Post by kitten »

Durandal wrote:I couldn't keep quiet about this and promptly decided to set fire to my ResetEra account by lazily copypasting the least Zoe-inflammatory parts of kitten's posts in a thread about Scott Benson's post about Holowka, in an attempt to get everyone to question whether the amount of force applied against Holowka was wise. I could only fire off two posts in the overwhelming face of 10+ replies before the cyberpolice arrived within minutes to send my bullet-riddled corpse to the cubes for 'inflammatory rhetoric' and branding "People shouldn’t have to suffer in silence because the perpetrator is mentally unstable" onto my forehead.

When I actually posted about games there I barely ever got any replies.
Image eeugghghghhh. eugh. god. jesus. i apologize pre-emptively for yet another giant post, but this shit really gets to me and has been something really getting to me well before this callout. i spent a couple of days with most of this drafted and wavered on posting it at all.

reading the replies is seriously really upsetting. part of what originally spurned me to post on here about alec was looking at resetera (i don't have an account and almost never look) and then being flagrantly disgusted with people getting instantaneous bans for questioning if what zoe did was right. for a frame of reference here: i have bpd, i have c-ptsd, i'm a child sexual abuse survivor (who has never gotten to hold my abuser responsible and anguished over it), and i spent years being vocally anti-gamergate in the queer community. i still consider myself "anti-gamergate," i don't agree with what the movement was. watching my words get called "transparently gamergate shit" over concern for the culture that wound up driving someone to suicide hurts. what does that fucking mean? i assume it is being suggested my words are in bad faith, which is fucking ridiculous. i've also been through a few deeply abusive relationships (i'd say i'm 50/50 on good/bad exes), some where partners did shit worse than alec was accused of to me. i was a shithead in a couple of relationships when i was younger, too.

i've never done a callout, though i did, years back, retweet or signal boost a few before becoming friends with some popular people and finding out how frequently a callout was for personal gain. what's more remarkable is how often the perpetrator of a callout is actually "an abuser" who just knows exactly how to manipulate the language and when to deploy a character assassination to make sure they come out on top. people who preach these politics frequently find themselves with highly vulnerable people going to them and then take advantage of them, but the queer community is often reluctant to discuss the predatory environment they've created because it opens them to criticism (which just insulates things further and enables more abuse & predation).

i was friends with someone over the course of more than a year as she sunk deeper into irreparable damage over the trauma inflicted from a callout on her until she killed herself (she was also bpd, c-ptsd, queer, and without social resources - also only 21 at time of death). her social outlets were totally cut off and i could only do so much on my own to convince her to not just kill herself. the person who most perpetrated her callout and orchestrated it so that she was exiled from every community she was in was someone popular on twitter who fires off all the time about politics - i just went to look at her twitter account, and her only comment on this latest thing was retweeting scott's account of alec's bad behavior. how surprising.

i don't believe in suffering in silence, but i don't believe in taking dirty laundry to massive platforms like that. i also don't believe in automatic, enthusiastic belief of someone labeling themselves an abuse victim, because it gives you massive leverage in destroying someone's life or career. i have personally been witness to callouts pushed forward by people i know to have been serious abusers who were bought by the public as the victim instantaneously. i'm not accusing or insinuating zoe is a secretly serious abuser in this particular instance (though i do believe she had something to gain, and that's worth scrutiny), and i want to make that clear (what she accused felt credible and i instantly admitted this, i just felt she made herself look totally incapable of personal agency) - but a culture that immediately assumes anyone is being both objective and truthful about these things does allow for the worst of people to ruin lives through lying or exaggerating.

yes, it is fucking dreadful abuse victims are often not believed, but it is much, much worse when abuse victims wind up again further victimized by a callout orchestrated by their abuser. not everyone knows to (or wants to) shoot first or has the social graces to even pull a callout off. callouts benefit the socially skillful more than the victimized - if you want evidence of that, just look at how incredibly widespread zoe's callout was, then look at the very legitimate callout i linked earlier in the thread. did you hear about that one from anyone other than me, despite it taking down someone bigger than alec, and taking them down with extremely carefully orchestrated receipts? no? didn't think so.

it both infuriates me and puts me into genuine despair that the discourse on the left over this has been "well, he was gonna do it anyway, probably. also he deserved it." zoe knew the guy was massively unstable and unwell, why not reach out to a few co-workers to see how bad it was first? why not contact one of alec's family members and ask about if he'll be safe if she comes forward? everyone is so quick to say that you're not responsible for someone's self-harm, but if someone lets a mentally ill friend housesit their place and leaves their self-defense pistol out on a counter, i'd sure hope to see them hold themselves responsible for gross fucking negligence if their friend blew their brains out. the idea that someone serially suicidal is a ticking time bomb, anyway, is so grossly fucking evil and sociopathic that it is appalling people claiming to fight for social justice would even consider saying such a thing.

i believe zoe had a right to talk to some people beyond a therapist and close friends about this. i believe she was abused. i do not believe she should have put this guy on blast the way that she did. i really think one of the biggest problems right now that is that the abuser/victim dichotomy in the social justice sphere is ridiculously binary. i do not understand how we (my peers) in that sphere can preach the fluidity and nuanced spectrum of gender and then be so god damned black & white on an issue of humanity like this. serial monster rapists like weinstein are abusers that deserve to be shuffled into that binary, but mentally-ill game devs on the verge of suicide? maybe not!

scott's recanting of his experiences almost feels he's performing written mental gymnastics to justify a murder - where is the love? where is the empathy? where is the nuance? why are callouts often an arms race to establish one side as the abuser ASAP and why is it not questioned how that system can be horribly misused and abused? "my friend may have killed himself, but he was also a huge piece of shit." damn, dude. fucking damn. there's the barest of concessions in that thing about how this was a horrible tragedy, but most of it is either corroborating a character assassination or getting in while it is hot to that he's a victim, too. your friend is dead, man! like, dead dead. do you think, just maybe, that it would be a good idea to talk about the toxicity in callout culture's capacity to fucking ice somebody while you've got the best platform you'll ever get to? no, just imply justice was served in him being exposed? well, okay. not your funeral, after all. glad to know that a suicide is bad, probably, but what's important is that you were right, and you all did everything so incredibly right in handling this. in fact, you should have shot sooner.

i've seen the worst of the alt-right encourage people's suicides and been personally harassed at a few points by gamergaters to kill myself, but watching the social justice sphere's fucking role models all resoundingly 'yass, queen' someone's death and then ban or block everyone who questions its circumstances sure leaves me feeling more unsafe around my own. but, you know, it increasingly has over the last few years. social justice - as a movement on the internet - has become a fucking cult.
Image | Image
MJR

Post by MJR »

[removed]
kitten

Post by kitten »

MJR wrote:Log off from the internet and stick with old-school shmups.
after writing the initial draft of the last post i went off to do a loop on gradius for pce, felt good! it really is good advice to just log off and play something when this shit is at its worst
Image | Image
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

A lot of hand-wringing and enlightened centrism these last few pages. While it's shocking that social justice has finally accomplished what they said (lied) gamergate was trying to do all those years ago - that is, to harass someone into killing themselves - it's not surprising in any way. Scott's blog paints a picture of a culture who define themselves by their mental illnesses and people who "fail up" into wealth and videogame development without ever actually becoming adults.

I have a lot of experience with emotional manipulators hiding behind mental illness, people driven to suicide and the heart-breaking extent people will go to to damage control their abusers. Thankfully, that's decades behind me. Ummm, get medicated? Build a life and a nice security net. The high pressure, live-or-die nature of games development probably isn't the safest environment for you.

Many years ago, I walked past Vic Mignogna at a con. I didn't talk to him, the ONLY thing I knew about him was that he was a giant shithead, having read so on some blog. Later, having discovered Star Trek Continues and some of his other works, it was clear that he was some sort of awesome guy. When the #meetoo allegations came out, timely after his success as Broly - it was clear that he was being dogpiled by the same curtain-twitchers who fooled me with that blog all those years ago. Something about a jellybean? And maybe he hugged a girl too? Come on. Is it because he's Christian?
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
BIL

Post by BIL »

OMFG I love Resetera :o Image

YOU SURE SHOWED HIM Image

SQUASH THE DISSENTING ELEMENTS
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Heil era!
BIL

Post by BIL »

Sly Cherry Chunks wrote:While it's shocking that social justice has finally accomplished what they said (lied) gamergate was trying to do all those years ago - that is, to harass someone into killing themselves - it's not surprising in any way.
God damn, I am slipping. I forgot to enjoy a good smug laugh as my boss proves herself the superior GG waifu YET AGAIN! Image

Look how they tried to say she drive the mentally unstable into early grave like Zoe! Bullshit! :shock: Boss not kill person. Boss only kill dog!
Sir Ilpalazzo

Post by Sir Ilpalazzo »

Sly Cherry Chunks wrote: Many years ago, I walked past Vic Mignogna at a con. I didn't talk to him, the ONLY thing I knew about him was that he was a giant shithead, having read so on some blog. Later, having discovered Star Trek Continues and some of his other works, it was clear that he was some sort of awesome guy. When the #meetoo allegations came out, timely after his success as Broly - it was clear that he was being dogpiled by the same curtain-twitchers who fooled me with that blog all those years ago. Something about a jellybean? And maybe he hugged a girl too? Come on. Is it because he's Christian?
Eh, I think there's something to that one. There have been stories about his con-creeper exploits circulating since the mid-2000s, and given how many sources there were to them even back then, I think there's something to them - at the very least it's not a case of people falling over themselves to blow up something minor or highly personal just for the thrill of tearing someone down.
MJR

Post by MJR »

Looks like Zoe's allegations can't stand closer scrutiny. For full disclosure though, I investigated the site and it seems to be leaning on conservative centre. So make of this what you will. Still, it's interesting to hear her old podcasts and see her old twitter feeds to find out she was actually having great time with Alec.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/exclu ... ing-apart/
BIL

Post by BIL »

Site was getting DDOSed earlier, apparently. Funny how that always seems to happen!

This afternoon, I rediscovered the gross frisson which accompanies this brazen grifter being referred to as a "game developer." :o Yuuuck! I never thought any force on this planet could make me respect that beardy cunt Tom Zito and his FMV poverty games - but they done did it! These poseurs aren't fit to shine Tom's boots!

"Depression Quest" my fucking ass.

Indeed, Masahiro-san!

Then again Tom never provided a half-decade of consistent entertainment, that is some herpetic staying power for a total waste of space! I will still rank Tom over Zoe because the internet is an unfathomably potent force multiplier.

MJR

Post by MJR »

"She said she got into social justice for revenge which is weird to me" ..Mmkay!

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/exclu ... nns-abuse/
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

As the prophecies foretold, Zoe rises unscathed from the ashes; her first tweet after her lockdown being about shilling her new comic book.

On another doomsday note, I saw Jason Schreier's excellent German Suplex-takedown of Nicalis head honcho and fuck-up extraordinaire Tyrone Rodriguez being posted on one of the more right-chicken-wing gaming sites I frequent. And as kitten predicted, everyone's first reaction was to defend the guy who they perceived as being yet another target of Kanzelkultur, despite being or not being aware of Nicalis' abhorrent reputation as a publisher, while Tyrone's edginess in private was seen as something "pretty based".
Xyga wrote:
kitten

Post by kitten »

i think you missed it, but her first tweet is actually denying any wrongdoing on her part and, in fact, looking for more sympathy as the true victim of this whole thing. i wanted to believe there'd be some manner of conscience, here, but nope. interesting that she acknowledges the necessity of her extremely followed account to shill her comix, but not its capacity to incite a hate mob to drive someone to suicide <:0) *honk honk*

her total lack of acknowledgement of any sort of wrongdoing in the relationship was one of my biggest problems with her initial callout and with callout culture, in general. the victim is a pure being whose accusations must be trusted and whose privacy must be protected, and the 'abuser' is a demon whose entire history of interactions needs to be as transparent as a window pane and assumed to always be in bad faith - doubly so when the abuser is a man, no matter his history of mental illness, attempts to be a good ally, or fact he's also been abused. here i thought "we never forgive, we never forget" was 4chan's motto.

i still believe she was abused, have from the beginning (have also believed from the beginning that she does habitually lie & exaggerate and deserves scrutiny). still believe she had a right to say something to friends & family & co-workers, therapists & counselors, people with whom alec was currently working with - numerous people have stepped forward to corroborate that alec was habitual about these behaviors. but she drove this dude into an early grave and if she can't see a single fucking thing she did wrong in how she went about this, fuck her to the extreme. worse than just the individual loss of life is the polarization that is already following this - she's going to catalyze more shit like this. "help stop abuse" and "don't lynch mob a mentally ill person" aren't mutually exclusive goals.

- - - - - - - - - -

more on keeping with this thread's flavor of laughing at clowns -

here's one of the responses to zoe's tweet from a blue checkmark. gosh, wonder what this guy was up to around when zoe was in a relationship with alec, you know, roughly a decade ago?
Spoiler
(image grabbed from a tweet replying to this)

ah. my dude, i do hope you weren't offering 'your sword' to a zoe back then :shock:
Image | Image
MJR

Post by MJR »

If any of you wonders why Zoe's wikipedia page does not mention anything about this year's happenings, well good news is that wikipedia keeps editing discussion public. There was a massive and bloody editing war going on, which ended after the page got protected from further edits. There is no mention of Alec, all the attempts were speed deleted. Looks like even casual mention of the event is not allowed at all.
Have a look:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Zo%C3%AB_Quinn&action=history
JBC

Post by JBC »

I was completely in the dark about all this until I discovered ComicsGate about a year ago. I'm really glad to know that there are normal people out there in the world who reject the Regressive nonsense. People who aren't stupid enough to think that the bad guys in Rolling Thunder are Klansmen or make a 3 hour podcast crying about Eva's titties in Snake Eater. Titties forever.
Godzilla was an inside job
BIL

Post by BIL »

My boss is getting sued by ALEX JONEZ :shock: With boss's recent appearance on reputable famous news show TEH YOUNG TURKZ, sworn enemies of THE ALEX JONEZ, the stage is set for much good publicity! Image

GO GET EM BOSS (BUY A GREAT LAWYER WITH UR SCAMPAIGN FUNDS :o)

NB: this is you Americanskis' fat sweaty manbaby ALEX JONES - not the cute little Welsh news-MILF of the same name! She not sue anybody! Just look cute as button while talking shit on state media apparatus!

Anyway, as a schadenfreude junkie, my favourite thing to come out of this shitshow lately is Matt Jarbo. You know! MUNDANEMATT, the guy who started Gamergate! Image He got false-flagged by Blowy, only to get caught doing the very same thing to his INTERNET BULLIES later on! Around this time last year he was getting beaten into the ground, his sneaky bitch ways having been XPOSED 2 THA WORLD - and it's been downward ever since! Image WARNING: brutally haraam content AND legitimately jammin' tune!

He sampled THE MAC N' CHEESE ADVICE Image Image BWAAAHAHAHAHAAA! ImageImage
NOTHIN' BEATS MACARONI AND CHEESE Image Image

I enjoy a good self-defenestration. Eat me. (■`ω´■)

Similarly, I have observed the antics of Don Sargon with amusement. IDGAF about his political ambitions! I am just perplexed at his going after lovable old Metokur, and cannot help smugly chuckling at the subsequent rim-from-rim detonation of his anus.