Crisis Rose: Last Ditch Action Shmup in development

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
Someguy009

Crisis Rose: Last Ditch Action Shmup in development

Post by Someguy009 »

Hello! Someguy here! I haven't been on the forums for a while, but now I'm back, with a new project that's better than my old ones!
CRISIS ROSE!
Story:
Ever since the defeat of the oracle, the two fighters ascended into celestial beings. Their ascension caused a phenomenon causing humans to praise them as deities. As an apology, the oracle's daughter sent a gift known as Gearnium, a metal containing evolutionary powers, in order to befriend the humans. But, this metal was a parasite, enslaving human minds, and eventually caused them to 'Ascend'. Those who followed these deities became monsters. Those who refused were killed. A majority of the human race serves these deities. Those who followed them were known as the enlightened. Now, in a last ditch effort, rebellious humans refined a piece of Gearnium to contain the#same traits as the legendary Blaster Gear. The Rose Gear was built, and only two were made before the enlightened invaded the underground colony.

The sigil is set. Your fate is bound. The Crisis Rose has now bloomed.

Gameplay:
Play as the Rose Gear and fight though the Enlightened forces! Use your 4 weapons (Vulcan, Laser, Missile, and Wave) to defeat your enemies! Collect gems from defeated enemies to level up your weapons! Evolve your ship and liberate humanity!

Demo:
Crisis Rose the Trial is a 2 stage demo with 2 player co-op and features 3 difficulty modes!

GameJolt link: https://gamejolt.com/games/crisisRose/438120

ItchIo link: https://overloadedstudios.itch.io/crisis-rose-the-trial

Screenshots:
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
Someguy009

Re: Crisis Rose: Last Ditch Action Shmup in development

Post by Someguy009 »

Update! Version 0.15!

-Fixed a bug where if you start arcade mode after completing the tutorial, you would start the game with 99 lives! Now it will start with the required 3

Download the update now!
GJ: https://gamejolt.com/games/crisisRose/438120
Itch: https://overloadedstudios.itch.io/crisis-rose-the-trial
CaptainKraken

Re: Crisis Rose: Last Ditch Action Shmup in development

Post by CaptainKraken »

Ahoy there!

I played your demo and there are some things that stood out to me.

First of all, there is no keyboard control that I could find.
This is a PC game, so I think it'd be logical to have keyboard support.
Not everyone's got a gamepad. In my case, all I've got is a garbage x360 pad.

That's probably my main "complaint"

Gameplay:
The gameplay seems solid. I like the variety of weapons.
It is a system that would take a new player a lot of time to get used to, though.

The pattern design is also pretty good.

One thing I noticed about the gameplay though, is that it's hard. Like, really hard.
Even on the lowest difficulty setting. This isn't necessarily a bad thing (Aero Chimera is a thing),
but it may be a good idea to have a lower difficulty setting that allows players to get used to the controls and gameplay and such.

Difficulty and complicated gameplay are fine on their own, but they tend to amplify each other if smooshed together like this.
I often found myself flipping through the weapons trying to figure out which one to use only to get killed by the enemies I was trying to take out.
-again, with practice I'd get better at this. But it felt a bit excessive.

Graphics:
Great, for the most part. Enemy and boss design is pretty good.
I think the craters left by ground enemies could use a bit more detail, but that's a minor thing.

Music:
Well, it's better than Striker-Wing's.

It works for the most part, although it sounds unfittingly melancholy in places, such as boss battles.

Anyway, best of luck to you as you continue this project! It's a good start and I look forward to playing future versions!
Squire Grooktook wrote:Make a game because there's something you want to exist that doesn't.
Shooting game never die!