Jumping Flash 2 - a weird and colorful game I love!

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
awbacon

Jumping Flash 2 - a weird and colorful game I love!

Post by awbacon »

Needs a sequel too...maybe on VR! But perhaps all the jumping might nausea city lol

Did anyone ever play this or the original game? I feel like they were such a big deal during the PS1 era but the franchise seemed to die out and never get spoken about again after the PS2 came out? It's an amazing game that mixes solid platforming with some FPS sections, and its charm is off the charts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBDtTXKbp1I&t=287s

LMK what you guys think of the game? I'd love to hear if anyone else remembers this as fondly as I do?
it290

Re: Jumping Flash 2 - a weird and colorful game I love!

Post by it290 »

Always loved these games, really thought they nailed 3D platforming early on by going with the first-person approach while so many other games flubbed it completely. I'm also kind of surprised there aren't more modern takes on the genre out there.
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
awbacon

Post by awbacon »

Honestly Doom 2016 reminds me of Jumping Flash. Well minus the demons and bullets lol

Super vertical FPS style gameplay
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Didn't know there was a 2nd one. I've played the first one a bit, it's fun. Really, really easy though.
Remarkably good for a 3D platformer, and it makes a lot of good decisions. I'm with it290 on this, I'm surprised more games didn't take inspiration from how it plays and handles.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

I do have both Jumping Flash and it's proper sequel. What's interesting about the PSX game of Ghost In The Shell is, it runs on a modified Jumping Flash engine but with slick GiTS FMV cut scenes inserted in between stages. A PSVR/HD remaster remake of Jumping Flash/Jumping Flash 2 would be ace considering that SCEI owns the IP on both of those particular gaming titles anyways.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

There's a third one: "Robbit Mon Dieu!" but they say it's crap.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
SuperDeadite

Post by SuperDeadite »

If you like JF, be sure to play Geograph Seal on X68000 as well.