Funniest shmup enemies/bosses?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
RawlingGunnar

Re: Funniest shmup enemies/bosses?

Post by RawlingGunnar »

and also

Speaking of, there's always the background here:

IS THIS WORLD SPINNING AROUND
-
Should be "Trolling Gunner," amirite?
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

In terms of sheer ridiculousness I'd have to go with the ones from Space Bomber. The ridiculous Engrish dialogue between stages really sells it.
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

Castle Shikigami 3's first boss is the fourth stage boss from Shikigami 2 who's upset that she was demoted.

heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

PAPER/ARTILLERY wrote:No mention of Catspider from Guwange? I always thought that was pretty goofy.
I also agree. LOL Its Meow/Scream always had me going!
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

The Baby at the end of Blazing Star LOL Image
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

cj iwakura wrote:Castle Shikigami 3's first boss is the fourth stage boss from Shikigami 2 who's upset that she was demoted.

That's exactly what I said. Though her real life counterpart looked drastically different than her illusion form. How can she go from long haired blonde to blue-haired twintail?
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

The NES shmup of Gun-Nac is a wacky STG in it's own right. I bought it thinking that it was a used game but that wasn't the case as it was a brand new game, indeed, from the defunct "The Video Park" movie & video game rental business back in the early 1990s. Of course, the American Toys-R-Us stores sold brand new copies of the NES version of Gun-Nac on clearance for a mere $19.99 USD back in the early 1990s as well.

Hidden Gun-Nac Stage Select: If you set the BGM tune on the NES version of Gun-Nac to number 7 and highlight the stage number, you can choose your starting stage (including the very last stage if your heart so desires it). So be it.

I like how the NES version of Gun-Nac feels like a parody version of the classic PC Engine STG of Gunhed (aka Blazing Lazers in the USA with the TurboGrafx-16 console) -- it never takes itself seriously combined with that classic Compile infused gameplay and game mechanics.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
RawlingGunnar

Post by RawlingGunnar »

xxx1993 wrote:How can she go from long haired blonde to blue-haired twintail?
Hair dye and extensions, duh.
-
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I do remember hearing something about the Yukari Horiguchi in the second game being a fake or illusion. Maybe the one in Castle Shikigami 2 is some kind of alter-ego of hers. But isn't the one in the third game an illusion too?
BIL

Post by BIL »

She is - during the events of Shiki III, the real one was
Spoiler
using her shinto powers (and BIG AZN TITS Image) to bring justice to the frontier mining town on TERRAFORMING COLONY LESBOS VII.
RawlingGunnar

Post by RawlingGunnar »

xxx1993 wrote:I do remember hearing something about the Yukari Horiguchi in the second game being a fake or illusion. Maybe the one in Castle Shikigami 2 is some kind of alter-ego of hers. But isn't the one in the third game an illusion too?
The real question is...
Spoiler
Does anyone actually, truly, genuinely, for-realsies care?
-
PerishedFraud ឵឵

Post by PerishedFraud ឵឵ »

RawlingGunnar wrote:The real question is...
Spoiler
Yeah. My money's on xxx1993
Last edited by PerishedFraud ឵឵ on Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fun Over Victory| Shitpost Central | Shmusic Archive | Old Account | tuckfouhou@gmail.com
it290

Post by it290 »

Literal sack/pile of shit boss from Air Zonk is pretty good.

We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

RawlingGunnar wrote:
xxx1993 wrote:I do remember hearing something about the Yukari Horiguchi in the second game being a fake or illusion. Maybe the one in Castle Shikigami 2 is some kind of alter-ego of hers. But isn't the one in the third game an illusion too?
The real question is...
Spoiler
Well, I kind of do, but I won't lose sleep over it.
(Mind you I'm the one who was crazy enough to spearhead a fan translation for the first game that all of 80 people played...)
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?