Bullet Hell Monday Black

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Despatche

Bullet Hell Monday Black

Post by Despatche »

This too! The dev has been teasing it for a while but recently he's announced it'll hopefully be out within the month. He wants to actually sell this one normally (stage 1 is a free demo), which I'm totally okay with. It might even end up on another platform that way...

Seems to be more focused on the normal full game. Also has replays! It's meant to be used with iCloud (the dev considers themselves an iOS developer, the .Decluster series is still iOS exclusive), but it sorta works with Google Drive apparently.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Necronom

Re: Bullet Hell Monday Black

Post by Necronom »

First one was awesome! Perfect for short bursts of ultra-portable bullet hell madness on the go:-)
Btw, pre-registration is open now. Should be out this month.
tate

Post by tate »

It's out. The demo is a proper first stage that amps up the intensity from the dev Masayuki Ito's previous games. I'm happy that he's given up on F2P, as it really detracted from BHM, although in addition to the $6.99 purchase price for the "All Stage Pack", there are two "Supporter" IAPs at $0.99 and $1.99.

Although development in Unity ought to make ports straightforwatrd, the dev hasn't made any mention of any. But it would seem a natural for the Switch, given the various performance tuning options in the game.

iOS 13's support for non-MFI controllers can't come soon enough.
VxD

Post by VxD »

Bought the game to support the author.

Although the first game let you choose two different shot types among nine at the beginning of each chapter, this new iteration reduces the number of ships to four, and proposes the remaining shot types as different hyper styles, activated on demand.
The default control scheme is a mess: switching between ships launches a powerful attack, swiping with two fingers up activates a hyper, two fingers down places a decoy, long press with two fingers up places a barrier, while down slows time.
All the while navigating tight patterns with shots that tend to blend in the background, for a pretty frustrating experience.

Not really my cup of tea, I will be going back to the first game which I feel was more approachable and enjoyable.
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

Love how smooth everything runs, even on my rather dated Galaxy S 7 :) Not so sure about the rather confusing control scheme though...
Can anyone explain the pricing? What's the difference between the 2 supporter IAPs?
Edit: Never mind about the pricing...thought clicking on it takes you directly to the payment screen but turns out it actually explains everything :lol:
I'm slowly getting the hang of the multifaceted controls. Difficult to master, but once you get the timing right by replaying the stages you really end up with another useful layer of tools for tricky situations.
Not bad...for a mobile shmup 8)
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

Sorry for bumping this thread, but the game was released today on PC/Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2373 ... day_Black/

---

And, in case anyone missed it, Bullet Hell Monday was previously released last September:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2003 ... ll_Monday/
RobotParking

Post by RobotParking »

Both Bullet Hell Monday steam ports are pretty solid. Great work by the dev.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Yeah so I'm only just discovering Black got a port. Argh. The port of the first game is sick, yes. Guess I gotta make threads for all these new games coming out.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Both stgs of Bullet Hell Monday & Bullet Hell Monday Black work like a charm on the Steam Deck.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
FunktionJCB

Bullet Hell Monday: Finale

Post by FunktionJCB »

Another bump to mention that Bullet Hell Monday: Finale is out now on Steam, and it's... free!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2501 ... ay_Finale/

If you wish to support the developer, there's a couple of soundtracks available (the first one is the full soundtrack for the game, the second includes only the new tracks from the game, since some of the included tracks were already available as part of the Bullet Hell Monday: Black OST):

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2522 ... inale_OST/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2524 ... Selection/