shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:11 am View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:13 am 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2013
Posts: 6728
Location: block
Shelcoof wrote:
Its getting harder and harder for me to shell out money for a physical when half the content needs to be downloaded and patched in. In many cases I'd just go digital for titles I know do this.

Yeah that's what I mean about the late reprints, cheaper and more up-to-date revisions of the game, they're the ones that are worth buying physical IMO.
Heck some even come with the extension pack(s) or alt. versions on disc too, and you pay less than the first release for all that.
Lots of collectors don't like them because they look cheap but heh. Also of course they come late and more importantly we're never certain an actual reprint will be a thing...
Guess if it was a sure thing for every game too many customers would wait and that would impact profits.
_________________
mycophobia wrote:
have tyou ever played dodponpatchi


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:14 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 649
Location: Virginia, USA
Xyga wrote:
Lol, I don't know if you can call what followed a boom, more like a wreck. The golden age of retrogaming was definitely around 2000~2010 anyway.


A boom in popularity, and it sent prices through the roof. I could have made double or triple the amount of money that I did at the time (pretty sure it was a significant loss).


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:30 am 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2013
Posts: 6728
Location: block
I'm sure a lot of us have such regrets. I didn't sell too much before that but Ive never had a huge collection of hard games anyway, because I've taken my time procrastinating on acquiring many titles, then when the prices started becoming dumb by 2010 I've stopped buying old games completely. The rise of flash carts has been a blessing.
_________________
mycophobia wrote:
have tyou ever played dodponpatchi


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:04 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2019
Posts: 53
Location: Los Angeles CA
The opposite has been true for me a couple times thus far. I had a collector friend give me so much grief for paying $50 for a complete copy of MUSHA around 2000. To be fair, at the time almost all Genesis stuff was dirt cheap, but I think I came out nicely in the end. :)
_________________
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:09 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2013
Posts: 6728
Location: block
You hit a painful memory. I sold a US MUSHA for ~70€ like a year or two before it began skyrocketing on ebay. :?
_________________
mycophobia wrote:
have tyou ever played dodponpatchi


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:43 am 


User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 2745
Location: ND, USA
Has LRG said anything about when they will be shipping the LE? I thought when I ordered it I saw something about July but that was clearly for the Standard edition only. Still waiting for that vinyl soundtrack.
_________________
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and pic/replay hosting! | My score history on RS


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:14 am 


User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Posts: 881
Location: Pennsylvania, United States
CStarFlare wrote:
Has LRG said anything about when they will be shipping the LE? I thought when I ordered it I saw something about July but that was clearly for the Standard edition only. Still waiting for that vinyl soundtrack.

Presently their update still suggests "Ships in August". I'm not expecting to see it before September.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:04 am 



Joined: 04 Apr 2017
Posts: 72
They really suck about communications. The LE originally said it would ship in June, then at the last day of June it became July, last day of July it became August. I've asked their twitter a couple times for any info on it and they just don't reply.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:52 am 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2005
Posts: 2267
Location: Wigan, England.
I got lost by the physical releases a few pages back. Is there an affordable way to pick this up with an actual disc, or are we purely in the realms of expensive collectors stuff now?
_________________
XBL: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:27 pm 



Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 1372
Location: Vienna, VA
If you're ok with non-english menus, the Korean physical release.

Marc wrote:
I got lost by the physical releases a few pages back. Is there an affordable way to pick this up with an actual disc, or are we purely in the realms of expensive collectors stuff now?
_________________
Suck


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:38 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2019
Posts: 53
Location: Los Angeles CA
zakk wrote:
If you're ok with non-english menus, the Korean physical release.

Marc wrote:
I got lost by the physical releases a few pages back. Is there an affordable way to pick this up with an actual disc, or are we purely in the realms of expensive collectors stuff now?


+1 to this. Play-Asia has regularly been putting it into their weekly sale list for $25. The patch is not on the disc like the Limited Run version, but if you can live with that it's an affordable way to get a disc copy.
_________________
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:48 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Posts: 188
Location: Ontario, Canada
Jonpachi wrote:
zakk wrote:
If you're ok with non-english menus, the Korean physical release.

Marc wrote:
I got lost by the physical releases a few pages back. Is there an affordable way to pick this up with an actual disc, or are we purely in the realms of expensive collectors stuff now?


+1 to this. Play-Asia has regularly been putting it into their weekly sale list for $25. The patch is not on the disc like the Limited Run version, but if you can live with that it's an affordable way to get a disc copy.


They have? Damn. I'd better keep my eyes open. I have the Xbox One edition, but want a physical copy, and the PS4 is the only option, but it's been hard just justify $50-ish for something I already have.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:51 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 17 Jun 2019
Posts: 11
I've been tempted to pick this up on eBay quite a few times as I do fancy giving it a try, it is a lot of money though. I'm currently downsizing my collection of rare games / games in general (mainly from the 8 and 16 bit era, thanks to flash carts, they are just sat there now and I may as well cash my chips in) So I'm hesitant to start buying more over priced games, but as its technically current gen, that might justify it, think I'll wait for the right deal though.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:37 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Aug 2008
Posts: 46
Location: Toledo, OH
Johnpv wrote:
They really suck about communications. The LE originally said it would ship in June, then at the last day of June it became July, last day of July it became August. I've asked their twitter a couple times for any info on it and they just don't reply.


I got a email today saying mine shipped. Hope they pack it better than my Game Paradise LE which got dinged up in transit. Guess I’ll find out in a couple weeks.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:56 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 1557
Location: France
Mine shipped today too, now for the lottery of custom taxes when coming in Europe :/
_________________
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:49 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 1883
Location: Nebraska, USA
Looking forward to unboxing this behemoth of the LRG release :D
_________________
"Playing a shmup with an analog stick is like trying to fill out the New York Times crossword with a can of spray paint." - Topher Cantler
YouTube | Twitter | Tumblr | Shoot the Core-cast Shmup Podcast


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:51 pm 



Joined: 04 Apr 2017
Posts: 72
Mine shipped yesterday too, though tracking still just says the package is ready for pick up by UPS. Can't wait for this to come.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MrJBRPG, RawlingGunnar, thchardcore and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group