Jamestown + is coming to Switch in Q4

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Tokyo-J

Jamestown + is coming to Switch in Q4

Post by Tokyo-J »

Jamestown + announced for Switch the price will be $17.99 on the Eshop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCmSpwmHc7o

The + update will also be coming to PS4 for free.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
bigbadboaz

Re: Jamestown + is coming to Switch in Q4

Post by bigbadboaz »

Wasn't the PS4 updated to Plus a long time ago? It's been out for years.

What was the forum consensus on the game anyway? I remember searching around closer to release and finding very little.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

bigbadboaz wrote:Wasn't the PS4 updated to Plus a long time ago? It's been out for years.

What was the forum consensus on the game anyway? I remember searching around closer to release and finding very little.
The game will arrive with new updates and improvements - which will incidentally be added to the already-existing PS4 version when the Switch edition becomes available - and, as the co-founder of Final Form Games puts it, will give all players "the chance to experience Jamestown the way we originally intended".
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

This actually makes me happy in that initially this game had a tidal wave of hype (back when I was mac only), and while a lot of that was backpedalled on in the following years, I'm sort of anxious to see for myself.

I did get a copy for $5 or something when I got a PC a couple of years ago, but for whatever reason, it refused to run.
FRO

Post by FRO »

More good Switch shmup news! I wonder if someone will finally pick this up for a physical release?
jaberwocky33

Post by jaberwocky33 »

Hopefully it won't be riddled with bugs like the steam version was
bobasaurus

Post by bobasaurus »

Love this game. Hope they fix the bug where the bullets turn black&white, had to revert to an old version on steam to get around it.
Leander

Post by Leander »

bobasaurus wrote:Love this game. Hope they fix the bug where the bullets turn black&white, had to revert to an old version on steam to get around it.
Wait, wha? The enemy bullets aren't supposed to be black and white? TIL.
That's something that always bugged me too.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

bigbadboaz wrote:What was the forum consensus on the game anyway? I remember searching around closer to release and finding very little.
Jamestown itself is a pretty cool game. It excels in multiplayer and is kinda eh in singleplayer though. Also the DLC ships seem kinda overpowered.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

I'll most likely pick this up. I was never great at the game, but I think it has one of the best modern shmup soundtracks, and I'll still listen to the OST on occasion.
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

I just can't get enough of these "PORT OF 5-10 YEAR OLD GAME BEING RELEASED FOR SWITCH!" announcements and everyone acting like it's the most monumental and important event in gaming every time it happens. I need to have a constant supply of popcorn just to watch the sheep flock in every time like clockwork :lol:
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
clippa

Post by clippa »

I don't mind people getting excited for games coming to their chosen platform, but none of the other platforms get put in the thread title.
If you're going to be the one starting the thread, you should at least put in that tiny amount of legwork and spend 30 seconds on google.

I mean just on the first page, rolling gunner is also on pc. Jamestown+ is also coming to pc and the ps4 version is being updated with the tweaks. The vasara collection thread title had to be edited by a mod to include everything none switch.

Let's not have this become the switch forum, there are plenty of those.
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

??? Purpose of this thread - clearly enumerated - was to announce the Switch version in particular. It isn't about the 5+ year-old other versions.

OP also pointed out the free PS4 update, recognizing such was worthwhile. Don't see any issue here.
clippa

Post by clippa »

The new version is coming to pc as well - https://store.steampowered.com/app/377950/Jamestown/
It's pointless having a separate "Jamestown + is coming to PC in Q4" thread, or five different vasara threads for each specific platform.
There's a switch shmups thread for keeping people up to date with what's coming out if they're only interested in playing exclusively on the switch.
Someone who doesn't own a switch might skip this thread/game, assuming they won't be able to play it.

You're probably right, it's not much of an issue. I might be worrying about nothing.
BurlyHeart

Post by BurlyHeart »

I agree with the Switch only titles being in poor form. I do believe it's possible to edit titles?

I don't see how it's so difficult to add PS4 / PC / Whatever to the title. What's the point in having separate threads for the same game announcements for different systems?

FWIW, I'm interested in a PC version, and lucky I clicked in here to see it's being updated too.
Now known as old man|Burly
YouTube
Shmup Difficulty Lists:
Japan Arcade - To Far Away Times - Perikles
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

clippa wrote:I don't mind people getting excited for games coming to their chosen platform, but none of the other platforms get put in the thread title.
If you're going to be the one starting the thread, you should at least put in that tiny amount of legwork and spend 30 seconds on google.

I mean just on the first page, rolling gunner is also on pc. Jamestown+ is also coming to pc and the ps4 version is being updated with the tweaks. The vasara collection thread title had to be edited by a mod to include everything none switch.

Let's not have this become the switch forum, there are plenty of those.
I've been saying this for a while now and calling these out when I notice, good to see someone else thinking the same.
I agree with the Switch only titles being in poor form. I do believe it's possible to edit titles?

I don't see how it's so difficult to add PS4 / PC / Whatever to the title. What's the point in having separate threads for the same game announcements for different systems?

FWIW, I'm interested in a PC version, and lucky I clicked in here to see it's being updated too.
:idea:
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD